911ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 09:18 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 310 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
That was tough to watch...how did this guy even get an S/T to review

lol, I had the same thought. Lame from start to finish.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:23 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Anthony dokic
The media is the real hero he’s saying.

Individuals like Manny K. are definitely supporting the product and it has a positive impact on the specific product and the brand.

Not always the case, it’s a 992 manual GT3RS in a touring design, limited to only 1963 units worldwide. That’s the best car Porsche has made in a long time.

Much demand for ST is from wanting the car for arbitrage opportunity, but that’s not going to happen anymore as we can see.

let’s not forget they made over 100,000 taycan already and the car was released a couple years ago only.
Manny K? LMAO. OMG, now that’s funny.
The following 2 users liked this post by WernerE:
911Vintage (01-18-2024), Anthony dokic (01-17-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 12:28 AM
Greek Car Geek
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
You will certainly be able to feel 150 pounds but it’s not going to be the game changer of the driving experience. That’s going to be the clutch, single mass flywheel, sound deadening material removed, RWS steering removed, shorter gearing and special interior. If you’ve driven the 911R you know how much of a difference that all makes for the driving experience
I agree completely, but JustaBoofer is a troll, and doesn’t deserve a response.

To add to your last point, it’s not just that they removed ~100lbs, it’s where they removed that weight - from every place that it matters (unsprung mass) and improves response and therefore driving pleasure.

We know what a special car this is, haters gonna hate.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:38 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,004 Likes on 2,831 Posts

Originally Posted by Greek Car Geek
To add to your last point, it’s not just that they removed ~100lbs, it’s where they removed that weight - from every place that it matters (unsprung mass) and improves response and therefore driving pleasure.
Much of it is rotating mass, which is even a much bigger deal than unsprung mass. Wheels, brakes, clutch, flywheel, etc…
Old 01-18-2024, 01:11 AM
Greek Car Geek
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Much of it is rotating mass, which is even a much bigger deal than unsprung mass. Wheels, brakes, clutch, flywheel, etc…
Touché don’t forget the Ti connecting rods
Old 01-18-2024, 01:51 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 168 Posts

it is only funny because he will get a car, and most won’t.

Let’s not act like Manny doesn’t have some of the best cars in the world, and collection. He is making reviews and showcasing the Porsche product and is why I mentioned an individual like him.

Also this car doesn’t need any media. It will not affect the car in any way or affect the product that was engineered. It speaks for itself and will be one to remember.
Bro, I don’t think you know what you’re saying. Look into Manny’s history. Nobody here respects him. In fact, name dropping Manny in this forum likely will get you less points. I get you’re trying to make some paper, but one major tenet of business, service… anything… know your client’s and your audience. You don’t seem to know that.
The following 4 users liked this post by neoprufrok:
bpeacock (01-18-2024), Guest89 (01-18-2024), WernerE (01-18-2024), widers911 (01-22-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 03:55 AM
InfamousS/T
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 46 Posts

there is life and buyers outside of rennlist , this is just a forum .

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
Bro, I don’t think you know what you’re saying. Look into Manny’s history. Nobody here respects him. In fact, name dropping Manny in this forum likely will get you less points. I get you’re trying to make some paper, but one major tenet of business, service… anything… know your client’s and your audience. You don’t seem to know that.
The following 2 users liked this post by InfamousS/T:
alcoolmag911 (01-18-2024), Anthony dokic (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 08:25 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,004 Likes on 2,831 Posts

Touché don’t forget the Ti connecting rods
Reciprocating mass , but same as GT3 there.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:35 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Its not hate amigo, it's observation. The thing thats going to be felt the most is the reduced gearing. That's going to give a Peppy response. The reduction in the flywheel will help make rev up faster sure, but at lower gearing helps wrap out those rpm at load faster for a more engaging experience.

Typically for every 100lbs is a reduction of essentially 1/10th of a sec so we're not talking something earth shattering.

It'll be a neat collector piece for most so nine of this really even matters.

For a recorded 3.5sec 0-60 though, it's not exciting as a road car to a gearhead like me....

Want to know what else you click off a <3.5sec 0-60 in a manual from 2013-2017.... with a 355 rear tire? I'll let you guess. Lol
Old 01-18-2024, 09:51 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Its not hate amigo, it's observation. The thing thats going to be felt the most is the reduced gearing. That's going to give a Peppy response. The reduction in the flywheel will help make rev up faster sure, but at lower gearing helps wrap out those rpm at load faster for a more engaging experience.

Typically for every 100lbs is a reduction of essentially 1/10th of a sec so we're not talking something earth shattering.

For a recorded 3.5sec 0-60 though, it's not exciting as a road car to a gearhead like me....

Want to know what else you click off a <3.5sec 0-60 in a manual from 2013-2017.... with a 355 rear tire? I'll let you guess. Lol
Depends on what you're looking for. Fixing on 0-60 is not really the point of the car. I had a 992 TTS and sold it because the 0-60 thing gets boring after awhile, but a sharp, responsive drivetrain and chassis with a top tier MT never gets old, at least for me.

By all rights, the S/T should nail that brief.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:02 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer

Calling yourself a gearhead then quoting 0-60 figures in the S/T thread... Then coming out with this conspiracy theory about how some marketing exec at PCNA is moving all the chess pieces around to over-hype this car.. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Last edited by PTS; 01-18-2024 at 10:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Guest89 (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 10:25 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Have a scroll back through the thread, you're not observing, you've been a hater from the jump. That fact that you're quoting 0-60 figures in the S/T thread proves every point being made to you. I'm just going to leave it at that.
Me saying its a parts bin car thats been greatly marketed to be the greatest car that will likely just sit of all time all while boasting sup-par times? You mean that one?

Look I want to like it. I truly do. This is a forum though and criticism and factual statements are the name of the game.

I'm not here to ridicule the buyers of it and truly glad for them, but I'd bet a few bands that had this car not been 1963 production car we'd see significantly less demand and the price points that their commanding would be half.

The Dakar and Sport classic didn't even see half the hype. Yet both have become fan favorites. The Dakar for its rugged nature, and the SC for its truly elegant and sport design and the experience it provides. Yet here on this very forum the cult of the Porsche entitled masses referred to the 3RS as hideous and too flashy all while trashing the Dakar for being pointless or obscure. Now those same masses worship them, oh how the tides turn.

As I've said, the ST is the toe dip into a new business model for Porsche. A grand experiment of parts played to pluck at the checkbooks of the pedigreed kool-aid sippers(pinkies up of course).

I love the ST for one main reason, it highlights the gullible nature of the human brain. Being in sales and marketing I absolutely love it and what Porsche as a company has done. *Roofing just has a 65% profit margin so I exploit it*
Old 01-18-2024, 10:37 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by InfamousS/T
there is life and buyers outside of rennlist , this is just a forum .
I'm aware of that. I spend most of my time off this forum. I'm just making a comment on his business sense. If he wants to make that buck, I'm all for it, I'm not commenting on that. I'm just saying that coming in here, not reading the room and making comments like that probably doesn't engender the crowd to him.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 11:36 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

it is only funny because he will get a car, and most won’t.

Let’s not act like Manny doesn’t have some of the best cars in the world, and collection. He is making reviews and showcasing the Porsche product and is why I mentioned an individual like him.

Also this car doesn’t need any media. It will not affect the car in any way or affect the product that was engineered. It speaks for itself and will be one to remember.
Manny K ain't no "market-maker" for Porsche, and the ST doesn't need "the support" from the Paris Hilton of the YouTube car channels. If fact, I'm kind of put off by it.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:39 AM
alcoolmag911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
he was making a point about media and marketing, not someones character. who cares if hes not respected. he has million subs and hundreds of millions of views. he represents the brand whether you like him or not. his garage is full of 911's. im starting to understand why porsche owners get a bad rap.
aren't you media? you should understand this.

Quick Reply: 911ST