Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I know who she is I just didn't understand your connection to her being VP of Marketing only for PCNA and her somehow being the "hero" of the S/T
Lol, ok. Whens the last time we saw this much publicity?

These things start with her teams and get her blessing before going mainstream.

She's also a key driver of the rainbow 75 theme and woke agenda.
Old 01-17-2024, 01:50 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer

Literally every GT car Porsche comes out with gets this much publicity. GT3 did. GT3RS did. In fact, more outlets will drive/review the GT3/RS than the S/T. And they're not even a "numbered car"

You think one marketing exec of just the North American branch of Porsche is a shot caller for an entire globally allocated car? Sure.
The following users liked this post:
DontLift (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:56 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
Literally every GT car Porsche comes out with gets this much publicity. GT3 did. GT3RS did. In fact, more outlets will drive/review the GT3/RS than the S/T. And they're not even a "numbered car"

You think one marketing exec of just the North American branch of Porsche is a shot caller for an entire globally allocated car? Sure.
I went to 5 different European dealers while I was there in December.... the hype in the US is significantly higher. Just making observations. Agree or disagree idc either way. And yes, the US being a global market driver. All fall in line.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:41 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

I went to 5 different European dealers while I was there in December.... the hype in the US is significantly higher. Just making observations. Agree or disagree idc either way. And yes, the US being a global market driver. All fall in line.
Congrats

Last edited by kyrocks; 01-17-2024 at 03:07 PM.
welikethetrack (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 02:43 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Congrats!
LOL. There's 40+ pages of this thread alone of Roofer just relentlessly ripping the S/T so that's the lens I view his remarks through.

Anything to minimize what the car is...all marketing, and driven exclusively by a PCNA marketing exec!

Last edited by PTS; 01-17-2024 at 02:45 PM.
Greek Car Geek (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 02:44 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

have to disagree with publicity surrounding S/T. Very limited articles and videos available for this car since it was released back in August. Most are European based vids are articles, but since they unloaded them in Cali recently anticipating we will see more soon. First round appears out

if you look back at releases of other models has been much more press
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
Greek Car Geek (01-18-2024), PTS (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

The only "pending" S/T reviews I'm aware of:
- MotoManTV
- TheSmokingTire (Farah GT3 Touring comparo)

Definitely would like some words from Collecting Cars (Harris) or Hagerty (Catchpole) but I don't see any indications they've even so much as seen the car.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:07 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,507 Likes on 2,827 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDeadPrussian
This is probably the worst review I've seen - both in terms of his knowledge about the car, but also in relation to the conclusions he draws. I'd have more respect for his opinion if he actually knew which side of the rear of the car the S/T badge was on...

I understand the car and the seats etc. may not be to his taste and respect that, but there were too many inaccuracies in what he was saying.
The guy was complaining that the car was too loud to take his kids out for ice cream while driving with both hands at 12 o'clock. He was reviewing the car like it's a Carrera. It's a pointless review.

Not that I'm in the market for this car, but the hype train and numbered models thing is a real turn off. It is what it is - purely on its own merits this looks to be a cool car.

kyrocks (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 03:17 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,993 Likes on 5,228 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
have to disagree with publicity surrounding S/T. Very limited articles and videos available for this car since it was released back in August. Most are European based vids are articles, but since they unloaded them in Cali recently anticipating we will see more soon. First round appears out

The only real publicity (at least in the US) is here on Rennlist.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:04 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I know who she is I just didn't understand your connection to her being VP of Marketing only for PCNA and her somehow being the "hero" of the S/T
Yeah, I didnt understand his claim in regards to Coker and the S/T either.
She has an "event" marketing background at PCNA since 2010.

Old 01-17-2024, 06:18 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
LOL. There's 40+ pages of this thread alone of Roofer just relentlessly ripping the S/T so that's the lens I view his remarks through.

Anything to minimize what the car is...all marketing, and driven exclusively by a PCNA marketing exec!
Not exactly minimizing it. It's the Frankenstein Porsche of this decade for sure. Even AP said it himself, a little of this and a little of that while naming off all the cars they took parts from. The thing you have to ask yourself is can you enjoy what it offers for what you're investing into it? To me I couldn't care less about a numbered car. Those are for collectors and should remain undriven. That's of zero interest to me having sold number cars in the past due to this fact.

The target for this car is the experience on the road. We're talking essentially 150ish lbs lighter than a GT3T. The kicker to this is can you logically rationalize ridding the 992 of RWD all in the name of loosing 40lbs? That's essentially the trade off. Major mechanical advantage to equal what can be achieved by running half a tank of fuel vs full.

I'd never bash what someone would enjoy, I just am using logic in deductive reasoning as opposed to just jumping at "the greatest" as a select corp vetted few have liked to claim.

Originally Posted by disden

The 3RS for sure has had an immense media backing, yet the difference is everything about it truly was unique. Plus it reinjected life into the glory of Porsche and has established a major social presence for Porsche.

Originally Posted by rk-d

Not that I'm in the market for this car, but the hype train and numbered models thing is a real turn off. It is what it is - purely on its own merits this looks to be a cool car.
The excessive amount of numbered cars has definitely decreased what's actually special.

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The only real publicity (at least in the US) is here on Rennlist.
And to that of which is limited in feedback beyond YouTube videos.

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yeah, I didnt understand his claim in regards to Coker and the S/T either.
She has an "event" marketing background at PCNA since 2010.
Yet her specialty in training is fashion and sadly the PCNA site boasts her hiring as a champion of race and not accomplishments. Nonetheless, she's branding plain and simple. All avenues of branding. The visionary path carver, not a party planner.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:52 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

She is the shot caller on everything we see.

https:/newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/company/porsche-cars-north-america-executives/ayesha-coker-27035.html
Selection of press personalities invited to drive the S/T - or any other new Porsche in America - falls under the remit of Frank Wiesmann and Luke Vandezande.

Ayesha’s job is focused on broader, higher level initiatives rather than granular things that Frank and Luke handle.

Finally, be mindful that very little of the “value” encapsulated in the MSRP - or, said better, the dealer invoice price - of a new Porsche is created by PCNA; PCNA is merely the North American distributor of the products, and PCNA’s actual customers are their dealers. The value comes from the enduring appeal of the brand itself, and the engineering teams in Germany.

I have been passionate about Porsche for a long time (although my enthusiasm has waned significantly in recent years), and I live in Atlanta, so I know a number of people who work (or have worked) for PCNA. The vast majority of them are unremarkable, and they would never find themselves driving any new Porsche if it weren’t part of their job, because the cars are simply too expensive for them to afford given what their skills and abilities would command in the labor market.

Coincidentally, I have dinner tonight with a friend who DID leave Porsche - and the automotive industry entirely - to make some real money.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:55 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Not exactly minimizing it. It's the Frankenstein Porsche of this decade for sure. Even AP said it himself, a little of this and a little of that while naming off all the cars they took parts from.

The 3RS for sure has had an immense media backing, yet the difference is everything about it truly was unique. Plus it reinjected life into the glory of Porsche and has established a major social presence for Porsche.
The bespoke clutch/transmission specifically developed for this car, the shorter gearing and the shorter throws all as a combination will make for a huge impact on the driving experience. That’s what I’m after. The fact that majority of the parts on the car are taken from the other best 911’s in the lineup is a great thing, not a bad thing. How can you coin the 3RS as being truly unique and the S/T as a parts bin car when they both are 95% of the GT3? It’s always the last 5% of what goes into a car at this level that makes it what it is.

The thing you have to ask yourself is can you enjoy what it offers for what you're investing into it? To me I couldn't care less about a numbered car. Those are for collectors and should remain undriven. That's of zero interest to me having sold number cars in the past due to this fact.
I do agree. The fact that this car is numbered has absolutely no appeal to me. I just want the driving experience. I don’t care if they make 500 or 500,000 of them, doesn’t change the driving experience or the fact that I will put as many miles as possible on it. The only capacity in which this matters to me is the fact that many will shove this car in the corner of their collection while others who wanted one and would actually drive one will not get to

The target for this car is the experience on the road. We're talking essentially 150ish lbs lighter than a GT3T. The kicker to this is can you logically rationalize ridding the 992 of RWD all in the name of loosing 40lbs? That's essentially the trade off. Major mechanical advantage to equal what can be achieved by running half a tank of fuel vs full.
You will certainly be able to feel 150 pounds but it’s not going to be the game changer of the driving experience. That’s going to be the clutch, single mass flywheel, sound deadening material removed, RWS steering removed, shorter gearing and special interior. If you’ve driven the 911R you know how much of a difference that all makes for the driving experience

Last edited by PTS; 01-17-2024 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 07:00 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts

^ In addition to all above, on the SMT podcast, Patrick Long also noted one of the most notable changes that improved road driving was the change in rear diff.
The following 2 users liked this post by dave2020:
Daft Chief (01-17-2024), PTS (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 07:01 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 648 Likes on 368 Posts

Gearing + LWFW make a dramatic difference in most cars. The difference between a 997 with and without a LWFW is stark. I think we're all curious if people can make those changes to non ST GT3s and how much that will be $$$$

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram

Quick Reply: 911ST