Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 11:40 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Manny K ain't no "market-maker" for Porsche, and the ST doesn't need "the support" from the Paris Hilton of the YouTube car channels. If fact, I'm kind of put off by it.
That's funny! He actually reminds me of Liberace a lot.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony dokic (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 12:04 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Me saying its a parts bin car thats been greatly marketed to be the greatest car that will likely just sit of all time all while boasting sup-par times? You mean that one?

Look I want to like it. I truly do. This is a forum though and criticism and factual statements are the name of the game.

I'm not here to ridicule the buyers of it and truly glad for them, but I'd bet a few bands that had this car not been 1963 production car we'd see significantly less demand and the price points that their commanding would be half.

The Dakar and Sport classic didn't even see half the hype. Yet both have become fan favorites. The Dakar for its rugged nature, and the SC for its truly elegant and sport design and the experience it provides. Yet here on this very forum the cult of the Porsche entitled masses referred to the 3RS as hideous and too flashy all while trashing the Dakar for being pointless or obscure. Now those same masses worship them, oh how the tides turn.

As I've said, the ST is the toe dip into a new business model for Porsche. A grand experiment of parts played to pluck at the checkbooks of the pedigreed kool-aid sippers(pinkies up of course).

I love the ST for one main reason, it highlights the gullible nature of the human brain. Being in sales and marketing I absolutely love it and what Porsche as a company has done. *Roofing just has a 65% profit margin so I exploit it*
I honestly think you are confusing pure hype vehicles like the Targa Heritage, GTS America Edition which have absolutely nothing unique besides stickers or interior tweaks with a car like the S/T which is a completely unique vehicle which stands on its own. Those cars are indeed pure hype and non-sense as they add nothing. The ST on the other hand is not a parts bin hype car, it is unique with specifics parts, tuning. It’s no different from saying the 3RS is also parts car because it uses Turbo shell, front suspension from GT3, but put simply puts on a bigger ****. Make sense?

The other thing is that by saying something is only hype typically means it’s all puff but doesn’t deliver. It appears from anyone who has driven the car that it’s a very special car which is quite distinct from anything prior and in fact delivers.
The following 3 users liked this post by disden:
Greek Car Geek (01-18-2024), GTS440 (01-19-2024), IndyM (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 12:21 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I honestly think you are confusing pure hype vehicles like the Targa Heritage, GTS America Edition which have absolutely nothing unique besides stickers or interior tweaks with a car like the S/T which is a completely unique vehicle which stands on its own. Those cars are indeed pure hype and non-sense as they add nothing. The ST on the other hand is not a parts bin hype car, it is unique with specifics parts, tuning. It’s no different from saying the 3RS is also parts car because it uses Turbo shell, front suspension from GT3, but put simply puts on a bigger ****. Make sense?

The other thing is that by saying something is only hype typically means it’s all puff but doesn’t deliver. It appears from anyone who has driven the car that it’s a very special car which is quite distinct from anything prior and in fact delivers.
Agree. All 911s are "parts bin" specials at the end of the day.

LWFW, gearing, weight reduction and model specific aero are significant and meaningful changes and the car should drive and feel substantially different than any other 911 they make.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:39 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by disden

I think you and I can easily see one another's thoughts. I truly do hope of all things these meet all expectations. Ive said it from the get go, the 992 is so good its too easy tp drive. The ST seemingly will change with some finesse and complexity that of which is the breathe of fresh fun many need.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:21 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 353 Likes on 200 Posts

I still have an ST slot left changeable that I can sell for 250k over MSRP total.

My guy at the store told me it's approved for PTS but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
(813) 838-8758
Anthony dokic (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
alcoolmag911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

it will be a special car, but lets not pretend its not being hyped. here is just a few thumbnail descriptions

2024 Porsche 911 S/T Review - Is This Finally Peak Porsche?
FIRST DRIVE: Porsche 911 S/T – 518bhp GT3 RS Engine + Manual = Ultimate 911 | Top Gear
The Best Sports Car In The World - Porsche 911
2024 Porsche 911 S/T | A Car You Wished For
Expensive Parts Bin or Perfect? | 2024 Porsche 911 S/T
FIRST LOOK: Porsche 911 S/T – Ultimate 911 with GT3 RS Power | Top Gear
Porsche 911 S/T review - is it Porsche's greatest 911 yet?
Cancelling my RS order for a 911 S/T?
Is the New Porsche 911 S/T the BEST Sports Car Ever?
New 2024 Porsche 911 S/T - Greatest Sports Car
Is the 2024 Porsche 911 S/T the BEST 6-speed manual sports car ever built?

no wonder why people are paying 250k over a 300k msrp with another 90k in lease. so this car is 3 or 4x better than other 992's.

Last edited by alcoolmag911; 01-18-2024 at 01:44 PM.
Daft Chief (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 01:48 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,472 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony dokic
Great deal!!!!
lol
Old 01-18-2024, 01:57 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,956 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by alcoolmag911
it will be a special car, but lets not pretend its not being hyped. here is just a few thumbnail descriptions

2024 Porsche 911 S/T Review - Is This Finally Peak Porsche?
FIRST DRIVE: Porsche 911 S/T – 518bhp GT3 RS Engine + Manual = Ultimate 911 | Top Gear
The Best Sports Car In The World - Porsche 911
2024 Porsche 911 S/T | A Car You Wished For
Expensive Parts Bin or Perfect? | 2024 Porsche 911 S/T
FIRST LOOK: Porsche 911 S/T – Ultimate 911 with GT3 RS Power | Top Gear
Porsche 911 S/T review - is it Porsche's greatest 911 yet?
Cancelling my RS order for a 911 S/T?
Is the New Porsche 911 S/T the BEST Sports Car Ever?
New 2024 Porsche 911 S/T - Greatest Sports Car
Is the 2024 Porsche 911 S/T the BEST 6-speed manual sports car ever built?

no wonder why people are paying 250k over a 300k msrp with another 90k in lease. so this car is 3 or 4x better than other 992's.
These are catchy video titles to get clicks...
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
Greek Car Geek (01-18-2024), neoprufrok (01-19-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 02:01 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Me saying its a parts bin car thats been greatly marketed to be the greatest car that will likely just sit of all time all while boasting sup-par times? You mean that one?

Look I want to like it. I truly do. This is a forum though and criticism and factual statements are the name of the game.

I'm not here to ridicule the buyers of it and truly glad for them, but I'd bet a few bands that had this car not been 1963 production car we'd see significantly less demand and the price points that their commanding would be half.

The Dakar and Sport classic didn't even see half the hype. Yet both have become fan favorites. The Dakar for its rugged nature, and the SC for its truly elegant and sport design and the experience it provides. Yet here on this very forum the cult of the Porsche entitled masses referred to the 3RS as hideous and too flashy all while trashing the Dakar for being pointless or obscure. Now those same masses worship them, oh how the tides turn.

As I've said, the ST is the toe dip into a new business model for Porsche. A grand experiment of parts played to pluck at the checkbooks of the pedigreed kool-aid sippers(pinkies up of course).

I love the ST for one main reason, it highlights the gullible nature of the human brain. Being in sales and marketing I absolutely love it and what Porsche as a company has done. *Roofing just has a 65% profit margin so I exploit it*
The Dakar has an incredibly small target market compared to a GT3 or S/T. That could not be more obvious. The SC is brilliant but it's still a turbo application and again doesn't have the wide net audience of the NA 4.0

The fact that you stand by the 3RS as being "truly unique" while claiming the S/T is pure parts bin makes no sense no matter how you slice it. They are both 95%+ of the GT3. You have a 3RS on the way I'm sure that has nothing do to with that claim
Old 01-18-2024, 02:22 PM
Greek Car Geek
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Exactly this ^

YouTube titles need to hook your attention immediately, the more controversial or hyperbolic the better - that’s not a measure of “hype” it’s a measure of how YT content creators get clicks.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:31 PM
alcoolmag911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
um.. yes that is the whole point of media and journalism to get people to read, watch or listen.

Originally Posted by Greek Car Geek
Exactly this ^

YouTube titles need to hook your attention immediately, the more controversial or hyperbolic the better - that’s not a measure of “hype” it’s a measure of how YT content creators get clicks.
lol @ hyperbolic.

2. (of language) exaggerated; hyperbolical.

exactly. thanks for helping my case

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
"an industry quick to hype its products"

Last edited by alcoolmag911; 01-18-2024 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:38 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alcoolmag911
um.. yes that is the whole point of media and journalism to get people to read, watch or listen.

lol @ hyperbolic.

2. (of language) exaggerated; hyperbolical.

exactly. thanks for helping my case

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
"an industry quick to hype its products"
You don't spend a lot of time on youtube do you? Every auto journal channel puts out wild titles for clicks. No one is proving your point. You're acting as if these types of titles are specific to the S/T, they are not. These titles are not Porsche marketing

Last edited by PTS; 01-18-2024 at 02:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
Greek Car Geek (01-18-2024), neoprufrok (01-19-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 03:25 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
The Dakar has an incredibly small target market compared to a GT3 or S/T. That could not be more obvious. The SC is brilliant but it's still a turbo application and again doesn't have the wide net audience of the NA 4.0

The fact that you stand by the 3RS as being "truly unique" while claiming the S/T is pure parts bin makes no sense no matter how you slice it. They are both 95%+ of the GT3. You have a 3RS on the way I'm sure that has nothing do to with that claim
The sense the 3RS is unique isn't what I would call it, to me it's the bold nature of it I appreciate. More so it's a greater financial undertaking and tooling for Porsche. Truth be told its just a stepping stone to the 2RS soon to be. Plus it has significantly more bespoke components, and much more dramatic presentation as compared to the prior gens. The market for the Dakar is small yes, but somehow it's strum the heart strings of many. On the SC, I feel the lack of the 4.0 is actually a draw as it's a daily driver so you get the full appreciation of the powerband.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:01 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

The 3RS for sure has had an immense media backing, yet the difference is everything about it truly was unique. Plus it reinjected life into the glory of Porsche and has established a major social presence for Porsche.
The sense the 3RS is unique isn't what I would call it, to me it's the bold nature of it I appreciate
It's exactly what you called it
Old 01-18-2024, 04:08 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS

Originally Posted by PTS
It's exactly what you called it
Correct in the sense of what it brings to the table. The components shared between the standard GT3 and the 3RS are vastly different. We're talking miles, not inches.

The ST is closer in concept to the GT3T than the 3RS is to the GT3.... just saying.

Quick Reply: 911ST