Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 10:10 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,380 Posts

My prediction, which is a total guess, is the 992.2 GT3 gets the shorter gearing but not the bespoke clutch. It's too delicate and expensive to throw in a larger produced car. Time will tell.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
GT3 Mike (12-30-2023), neoprufrok (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 10:31 AM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
Wait till you all see 992.2 GT pricing….
Considering the average price of a S/T has to be 350k and the .2 GT3 will be getting some of that good mojo, I now suspect base MSRP on a GT3 will be 220-230k.
The following 2 users liked this post by GT3 Mike:
Diablo Dude (12-30-2023), shrimp money (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 10:40 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
Considering the average price of a S/T has to be 350k and the .2 GT3 will be getting some of that good mojo, I now suspect base MSRP on a GT3 will be 220-230k.
I agree around $220k and hard to believe a 2016 gt3 (10 years later) had a base of $132k, not mentioning the increase in PTS and other options.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:48 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,195 Likes on 474 Posts

what good mojo do you think the .2 Touring will get? It won’t get LWFW out of drivability and longevity concerns. It won’t get carbon body panels everywhere due to cost. It will still have rear steer and will likely still have much more sound deadening to keep it somewhat tolerable to drive daily. So other than an upgraded motor and some suspension/interior changes what other Mojo is there? Not being snotty, just realistic in how mid-cycle upgrades typically work
The following 2 users liked this post by disden:
BrntRubber (12-30-2023), neoprufrok (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 11:13 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I agree around $220k and hard to believe a 2016 gt3 (10 years later) had a base of $132k, not mentioning the increase in PTS and other options.

The only way Porsche will maintain the trend of price increases is 1. The need to have better visual appeal, 2. They'll need to provide interiors that compete with brands at that same price point, and 3. Realize the Porsche buyers they're used to will fizzle.

The 3RS though is what has brought Porsche up in popularity amongst the masses due to its bold design, the limited production 992 cars were for those Porsche around had in their pocket.

Porsche at the user's end has a price cap. What that figure is time will tell. The question has been asked numerous times, is or isn't Porsche a "supercar". Well with "supercar" pricing they have to bring a better product to the table. Ferrari has done a great job of understanding this, and so has Lambo. 2 brands I find repulsive due to the excessively flashy nature of the vehicles, but the sure know how to keep the performance benchmark moving forward to consumers consistently willing to pay top dollar.

The only real solution to this is what many will cringe over.... moving beyond the flat 6 NA or taking a hybrid drive train approach and not just an e-torque system.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:16 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
My prediction, which is a total guess, is the 992.2 GT3 gets the shorter gearing but not the bespoke clutch. It's too delicate and expensive to throw in a larger produced car. Time will tell.
The word delicate and performance vehicle DO NOT belong in the same sentence. The facts Porsche would be willing to sacrifice durability for weight reduction just goes to exploit the fact this car was NEVER intended to be an actual driver. How can you not see that?

Last edited by Justaroofer; 12-30-2023 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:48 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
The word delicate and performance vehicle DO NOT belong in the same sentence. The facts Porsche would be willing to sacrifice durability for weight reduction just goes to exploit the fact this car was NEVER intended to be an actual driver. How can you not see that?
Au contraire. In the right hands (feet?), the ST will likely prove as durable as it needs to be. The proper context of "delicate" is the ST's bespoke clutch wasn't designed to endure the abuse of those inexperienced with a manual.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:33 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

You are a relentless nagging little biatch.

I am so sick of your moaning.

Man get a life and post on thread where you actually like what your spending your time posting about.

No one hear wants to hear your BS.
The following 3 users liked this post by BrntRubber:
Greek Car Geek (12-30-2023), PTS (12-30-2023), Taffy66 (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 01:39 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
You are a relentless nagging little biatch.

I am so sick of your moaning.

Man get a life and post on thread where you actually like what your spending your time posting about.

No one hear wants to hear your BS.
Its called dialog mi Amiga. Don't be so sensitive.

So you disagree? A "drivers car" should have parts with a short shelf life? If its a full out race motor sure that's fine as I'm used to 20k-40k engine/ trans overhauls after hard and heavy beatings.... but those are at max effort and heavily modified.

You feel truly in this premise? No? Yes?
Old 12-30-2023, 01:44 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

You're like the kid on the playground that just talks a bunch of sh*t to himself in the corner, convinced of knowing it all. Give it a rest dude.
The following users liked this post:
Greek Car Geek (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 01:46 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by WernerE
Au contraire. In the right hands (feet?), the ST will likely prove as durable as it needs to be. The proper context of "delicate" is the ST's bespoke clutch wasn't designed to endure the abuse of those inexperienced with a manual.
Right and I agree. The tricky part is with the FW being light and the Torque of the flat 6 already so low there will be alot of these burnt up quickly with folks trying to "feel" for the grab of the clutch. I think these cars could also benefit from a shorter shift design further aiding in minimal clutch drag between shifts at WOT runs. The shift height that's there now is for matter of comfort with the arm rest.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:49 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
Originally Posted by WernerE
Right and I agree. The tricky part is with the FW being light and the Torque of the flat 6 already so low there will be alot of these burnt up quickly with folks trying to "feel" for the grab of the clutch. I think these cars could also benefit from a shorter shift design further aiding in minimal clutch drag between shifts at WOT runs. The shift height that's there now is for matter of comfort with the arm rest.
Do you even read what you post?
Old 12-30-2023, 01:51 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
You're like the kid on the playground that just talks a bunch of sh*t to himself in the corner, convinced of knowing it all. Give it a rest dude.
So instead of arguing like a female and letting your feelings cloud facts. You agree or disagree? Durability isn't important in a drivers car? Your sentence is all I was Citing. If you struggle to answer a simple question whether agreed or disagreed, maybe forums aren't for you. Just a thought.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by PTS
Do you even read what you post?
The problem is youre too ignorant to understand. Just buy(or should I say lease) your ST and enjoy. Leave the real performance cars to the grown men. We'll offer you a joy ride when your clutch is blown lmao.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 12-30-2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:55 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 87 Posts

If you watched or read any of the reviews you'd know that, while different, the clutch feel is fine.

You don't even have to look far. In the most recent video shared, Camissa said "if you, an automotive engineer, want to know what clutch take up should feel like and how a clutch should engage, it's this—it's just perfection. From the short-shift to the clutch take up to the engine response to the whole thing. As a package, the powertrain is 10 point 0."

Quick Reply: 911ST