911ST

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 01:33 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
If that is your Amethyst S/T in Houston, congrats! Great color choice

I haven't seen any pics of it other than a car meet, hence my comment. Glad to hear it's owned by someone who will drive it!

Never once said wheels and decals were cheesy, I said they're not my taste. Quite defensive
Originally Posted by PTS
Paint, vinyl, or gold plated letters...still can't see it and the phrase is still cheese as hell lol

Unless there is a reason, I refrain from posting pictures now as there is no need me to broadcast what cars I may or may not have. I did not post the pictures of the ST. I believe that was a pic from one PCA event where I meet with other Porsche owners. These get togethers are small and with like minded Porsche enthusiasist. As for "Cars and Coffee", I have no interest in the social media spectacle from such events and refrain from attending these gatherings as I see no value or satisfaction to discussing 0-60 times or top speed with the multitude of attention seekers. Furthermore, these are high risk event where owners could be followed home from events. I have been followed home from a dealership before, some would call that stalking. Needless to say that is an unsettling event.

We had texted previously through Rennlist regarding both of us had PTS amethyst on order. Both of us being in Houston, I was hoping we could meet up when yours arrived for the comradery of ownership for such a special PTS vehicle, but I don't see the value of that as it would be a disappoint for you in light of the specification issues. As big as Houston is I doubt we will cross paths, enjoy your car in good health. Best regards.
Old 08-14-2024, 03:06 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
Unless there is a reason, I refrain from posting pictures now as there is no need me to broadcast what cars I may or may not have. I did not post the pictures of the ST. I believe that was a pic from one PCA event where I meet with other Porsche owners. These get togethers are small and with like minded Porsche enthusiasist. As for "Cars and Coffee", I have no interest in the social media spectacle from such events and refrain from attending these gatherings as I see no value or satisfaction to discussing 0-60 times or top speed with the multitude of attention seekers. Furthermore, these are high risk event where owners could be followed home from events. I have been followed home from a dealership before, some would call that stalking. Needless to say that is an unsettling event.
I've experienced this and yes it is very unsettling. A couple of days after I was followed the same car was on my street. A person got out and started taking pictures of my house. I was lucky to get the license plate. I notified the police. The police discovered this was a criminal ring. The person taking the pictures would hand off this information to another group who would come back and do the burglarizing/robbing. They were after more than the car. Very unsettling indeed.
The following 2 users liked this post by n2cars:
dixonk (08-14-2024), EMdoc (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 03:26 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,380 Posts

We had texted previously through Rennlist regarding both of us had PTS amethyst on order. Both of us being in Houston, I was hoping we could meet up when yours arrived for the comradery of ownership for such a special PTS vehicle, but I don't see the value of that as it would be a disappoint for you in light of the specification issues. As big as Houston is I doubt we will cross paths, enjoy your car in good health. Best regards.
Tim, there has been a big misunderstanding here. The "cheesy" comment was speaking to the custom CXX script under the bumper of the Dani Blue PTS+ car posted above that reads, "Simply the Best"...this had nothing to do with your car. Even so, I should probably kept my comment to myself. I had one of those days and jumped on here with a bit of snarky-ness.

The comment I made toward your car was, "His will be seen at Cars n Coffee. Mine will be seen at the gym, HEB, Home Depot, restaurants, MSR, COTA, etc "

It was a snide remark at the fact that majority will not be driven but will show up at car shows/gatherings. I was not attempting to target you as an individual (although I can easily see how it would be interpreted as such). Either way, I apologize for that.

I get a lot of DM's on here and did not recall our conversation when I made that comment. But I do now after your reminder. That was my mistake.

I don't want to derail this thread further. Let's move on.

Last edited by PTS; 08-14-2024 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2024, 05:02 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I don't want to derail this thread further. Let's move on.
Agreed. Take care. Good day to you.
Old 08-14-2024, 08:41 PM
Greek Car Geek
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 55 Posts

Agreed. Take care. Good day to you.
Good on you Tim for using these amazing machines as intended. It's not my place; but you both obviously have great taste in cars, and PTS colors, and both like to track cars that most others keep hermetically sealed in temp-controlled storage with delivery mileage... seemingly a bromance that died before it began - hopefully bygones can be bygones so we can get some photos of these amazing Amethyst unicorns next to each other. +1 for the heritage pack and decals... sorry PTS
The following 2 users liked this post by Greek Car Geek:
PTS (Yesterday), shrimp money (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 09:03 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,040 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by uhn2000
PTS is so special, am lucky enough to have a racing green Sports Classic and a gemini blue GT4Rs and wont be selling either of them anytime soon. The paint alone is worth keeping them forever just to stare at, they are insane colours both interior and exterior very awesome.
Well said.
Old 08-14-2024, 09:07 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 442 Posts

Anyone know if the wheels on the Dani Blue car are the standard silver, or are they a CXX color? I'm looking to duplicate the wheel color for my S/T project - they look a bit deeper silver to me, and more metallic, but could just be the lighting . .

Old 08-14-2024, 09:12 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Is this new or did I not get the memo? Porsche is giving me quite a range for when my ST arrives. Given my past experience, I won’t be holding my breath for a November delivery.

Old 08-14-2024, 10:01 PM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 227 Posts

Speaking of st wheels, it looks like st wheels are $50k on suncoast. Jfc…
What is the best practice for repairing a magnesium wheel with barrel scoring from the inevitable rock stuck behind the brake calipers?
I understand if not repaired immediately the magnesium can become brittle and compromise wheel integrity
Old 08-14-2024, 10:41 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 442 Posts

As Usual - Suncoast pricing higher than most - PN for the silver ones is 9GT 601 025 BE 8Z8 - little over $11k each at SilverSprings:

​​​​​​https://www.getporschesilverspringpa...QtMGwtaDYtZ2Fz

Old 08-14-2024, 10:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Hope they'll be offering these mag wheels as an option with the .2 Touring.
Old 08-14-2024, 10:52 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,039 Likes on 2,846 Posts

Originally Posted by vcp13
Speaking of st wheels, it looks like st wheels are $50k on suncoast.
Holy crap! The GT3 RS mag wheels (bigger) are less than half the price…

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM
Ldawgtheg
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These look just like the BBS FI-R but made of magnesium
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
@PTS I think you said you’re in Texas? Here’s another one in Texas (Houston) amethyst metallic https://m.facebook.com/groups/thatpo...155048227119/?

color looks great
More pics of the same car right before it was delivered

The following 2 users liked this post by mclarenmaniac:
Butzi (Yesterday), Greek Car Geek (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: 911ST