Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 10:16 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

So I guess y’all are mad at @C.J. Ichiban after all because he told us GT3 allocations were done for many months ago.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:25 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
So I guess y’all are mad at @C.J. Ichiban after all because he told us GT3 allocations were done for many months ago.
CJ was told the same thing my GM was, and my GM conveyed it to me. There's no deception here on the part of these particular dealers. But Porsche can change their mind, and they did. It's not in Porsche's interest to tell people in advance that they'll be making lots of these cars for a long time - creating a perception of scarcity drives demand up.
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
jfr0317 (05-14-2023), mcsmcs1 (05-15-2023), WCGhost (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 10:44 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
CJ was told the same thing my GM was, and my GM conveyed it to me. There's no deception here on the part of these particular dealers. But Porsche can change their mind, and they did. It's not in Porsche's interest to tell people in advance that they'll be making lots of these cars for a long time - creating a perception of scarcity drives demand up.
I wasn't referring to CJ but I think there's a difference between someone saying 'I've heard there won't be allocations anymore' vs 'I know for a fact there will never be '24 model year and if you didn't get an allocation or aren't willing to pay a huge markup, have fun not driving a GT3'

Old 05-14-2023, 10:51 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

No, he’s right. Supply may be fixed, but demand is strongly a function of price. Plenty of 992 GT3s have been sitting unsold for a long time because the asking price is too high - zero demand at the asking price.
But there's also many specs out there for sale that are lacking in one or more areas. Brakes, no Bose, 4-way seats, rubber dash, etc. Why skimp at this price point, MSRP or not?
The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
EMdoc (05-14-2023), IRunalot (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 10:53 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
I wasn't referring to CJ but I think there's a difference between someone saying 'I've heard there won't be allocations anymore' vs 'I know for a fact there will never be '24 model year and if you didn't get an allocation or aren't willing to pay a huge markup, have fun not driving a GT3'
My local dealer said same thing a few weeks ago- "GT3s are done"- oh really??
Old 05-14-2023, 10:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maroli
My GM told me that he got an email from Porsche saying in no uncertain terms that there will be no more allocations for the GT3, so cancel all the order demands and don't accept any more order demands. There was no discussion about paying a markup to get an allocation, because all of their allocations go to repeat customers at MSRP. I asked him if he can put me at the top of his list to get the next GT3 allocation, whenever that comes, and he said yes. Being a man of his word, he got this one bonus allocation out of the blue and offered it to me.
The following users liked this post:
Vinh Nguyen (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 11:08 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 164 Posts

My GM told me that he got an email from Porsche saying in no uncertain terms that there will be no more allocations for the GT3, so cancel all the order demands and don't accept any more order demands. There was no discussion about paying a markup to get an allocation, because all of their allocations go to repeat customers at MSRP. I asked him if he can put me at the top of his list to get the next GT3 allocation, whenever that comes, and he said yes. Being a man of his word, he got this one bonus allocation out of the blue and offered it to me.
Do you have a commission #? Is the allocation 'buildable'? What color are you going for? When does it arrive here (USA?). Would you mind posting the build sheet? Thanks. Curious as what color you're going with, and what options are not available?
Old 05-14-2023, 11:24 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Do you have a commission #? Is the allocation 'buildable'? What color are you going for? When does it arrive here (USA?). Would you mind posting the build sheet? Thanks. Curious as what color you're going with, and what options are not available?
Yes, buildable, though PTS is not available for this slot. I believe it's a July build. Still playing with the build - could be white, red, agate grey, shark blue, or chalk, lots of good color combos. Going to have my daughter play with the configurator and see what she comes up with. Probably won't go with this, but it's kind of menacing.

Last edited by Manifold; 05-14-2023 at 11:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
krobertson (05-15-2023), Yargk (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 12:25 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 164 Posts

Yes, buildable, though PTS is not available for this slot. I believe it's a July build. Still playing with the build - could be white, red, agate grey, shark blue, or chalk, lots of good color combos. Going to have my daughter play with the configurator and see what she comes up with. Probably won't go with this, but it's kind of menacing.

That's a great build. I see that exact config parked in front of my gym all the time. It looks GREAT....and really not menacing in person.
Manifold (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 01:10 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Like I said before, dealers are the 2nd last ones to know if more cars are coming (the public being the last ones to know).
Ryan993 (05-20-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 04:52 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Congrats @Manifold

Enjoy your new ride.

I think you should get out of your TTS while the getting is still good on those cars.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:18 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Congrats @Manifold

Enjoy your new ride.

I think you should get out of your TTS while the getting is still good on those cars.
Which TTS, 991.2 or 992? And why get out?

We need two track cars, so it will be 992 GT3 plus either of these which we already own:

991.1 GT3 (makes sense from a cost standpoint, and the car is still awesome on track)

991.2 TTS (pretty and fun car that I’d rather keep as road only)

992 TTS (about same lap time as 992 GT3, maybe a good compliment to it, but wouldn’t keep as a road-only car because the 991.2 is more fun)

981 GT4 (handling near the limit isn’t good enough, but a fun road car that we’re probably never going to sell and can track occasionally)

Since 992 GT3 won’t be delivered until end of the track season, at least two of the above will be tracked this season.

If a second miracle happens and we get a 4RS allocation, we would take it and it would definitely be tracked.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:07 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Perhaps allocation and build numbers are a moving target based on emissions? Admittedly I'm not schooled on the bureaucracy of Euro 4/5, cafe, carb and all this other gov't stuff that I could care less about. However, say they make more Taycans or hybrids; wouldn't that allow Porsche to produce more GT3's and other performance variants if they have the resources to do so?
Old 05-15-2023, 10:13 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
Perhaps allocation and build numbers are a moving target based on emissions? Admittedly I'm not schooled on the bureaucracy of Euro 4/5, cafe, carb and all this other gov't stuff that I could care less about. However, say they make more Taycans or hybrids; wouldn't that allow Porsche to produce more GT3's and other performance variants if they have the resources to do so?
I was told that my allocation was to fill a slot that would have already been filled if it weren’t for supply constraints. That may explain PTS not being available for this slot.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

As I recall, the guy with all the "answers" that does "Cars & BBQ" already crapped all over CJ a few weeks ago in this forum.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Like I said before, dealers are the 2nd last ones to know if more cars are coming (the public being the last ones to know).
Right.
Even the one's that visited Zuffenhausen last December.
Got it.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM