Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 08:55 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe mac
Not sure I understand the relevance of the c2s being (your word) RARE. Just sounds like the word should be no one wants one, hence lower production numbers. It is like a local dealer here in PA who always seems to offer the 1 of 4 seafoam green Cayman, calling it rare. No Sh&%. No one wants a seafoam green Cayman

Anyhow, obviously buyers want the gt3 more than a c2s, so Porsche will build what the people want....when they can finally get their act together and build more cars! How is it possible we are still living in a market where Bose can't get amplifiers and Porsche can't give you carbon ceramic brakes. Seems inane, doesn't it?!!

USCTrojan, you mentioned buying a Pista or Speciale. You are seriously ready to buy a car that, once you actually drive, the value plummets? Buying at MSRP is one (all of mine have been MSRP because of my dealer relationship), but the problem with Ferrari has always been the market perception when the damn car hits 10k miles. Just mentioning this because this is why I finally got tired of the Ferrari game....
Hasnt that game already been transferred to Porsche GT cars? I mean the gt3 at 1500 miles is even considered high mileage according to posters up there.
Old 01-18-2023, 09:18 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
The funny thing is that most of these folks on the sidelines waiting for prices to get at/near MSRP don’t realize that when that happens the stock market would be at a 5 year low, high unemployment, even higher cost of $$, and the new GT3 will be on the horizon.

So, yes prices might be lower, but the opportunity cost of $200k and / or the total cost of ownership will push folks to continue to sit it out.
Not just that. New cars depreciate. 10-15% of the lot is normal. The dealer’s margin alone is pure fluff that doesn’t translate into market value. These guys think buying a car with a thousand plus miles that someone else spec’d for msrp is some kind of amazing deal, and the guys who paid ADM but still sold at a 10-15% loss somehow got cheated. Uhh they bought a new car. It depreciated. Life.

The 991 touring never sold under MSRP. These are now 5 years old. Getting a 5 year old car at msrp isn’t amazing. It’s 5 years of not getting to drive the car and tolerating someone else’s spec

they’re stuck on adm because they simply can’t afford to buy new cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexCeres:
cadster (01-21-2023), Diablo Dude (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:22 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Not just that. New cars depreciate. 10-15% of the lot is normal. The dealer’s margin alone is pure fluff that doesn’t translate into market value. These guys think buying a car with a thousand plus miles that someone else spec’d for msrp is some kind of amazing deal, and the guys who paid ADM but still sold at a 10-15% loss somehow got cheated. Uhh they bought a new car. It depreciated. Life.

The 991 touring never sold under MSRP. These are now 5 years old. Getting a 5 year old car at msrp isn’t amazing. It’s 5 years of not getting to drive the car and tolerating someone else’s spec

here come Manifold saying he has other cars to drive… yet he spends his whole life on RL lol
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:31 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

if you got a gt3 at a price you want, would you still spend all day posting on RL?
He says that he owns 10 cars.
But I guess he enjoys posting here more.

Hasnt bought a GT car since 2016.
Says that he is #1 on his dealer's list at MSRP for a GT car.
Says that "newer isnt always better"... yet he "lives" on the 992 sub-forum.
He says a lot of things. He plays ADM Nanny. He plays Profit Margin Nanny. He repeats himself over and over again here.
Sounds like a broken clock. Terribly tone-deaf. He must enjoy hearing himself talk.

I think he's lonely.
Needs a friend.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-18-2023 at 10:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
cadster (01-21-2023), RUF RS (01-19-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:36 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

RE agents have loads of free time these days I hear LOL
Yup.
Imagine that . . . being an RE broker and hoping that the economy falls apart and goes into a Recession.
You just cant make this stuff up!

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-18-2023 at 10:03 PM.
kkabba (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:42 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Hasnt that game already been transferred to Porsche GT cars? I mean the gt3 at 1500 miles is even considered high mileage according to posters up there.

maybe not "transfered" but certainly plaquing (is that a word?) the GT series for sure. Being an owner at MSRP (thankfully) and also enjoying the thought of longer term ownership, I am not worried about mileage. The thing that always stung me about my Mclarens and Ferraris was the annual costs - which you don't have with the Porsches...
Diablo Dude (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:43 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

my point is… look at everything that HAS happened and you still can’t get a proper spec or build able allocation for less than $50-$60k
Bingo.

There are some people here that are terribly tone-deaf and unaware.
I seriously doubt that they have any risk capital involved in the financial markets.
They keep repeating themselves at such an unsophisticated level that Econ. 1 must have been a mind-blowing experience for them.

Old 01-18-2023, 09:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,345 Likes on 2,474 Posts

here come Manifold saying he has other cars to drive… yet he spends his whole life on RL lol
What’s really bothering you? So many guys here in anger …
Old 01-18-2023, 09:57 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Manifold
I read years ago that Porsche makes about $25K profit on a 911. If that’s the case for the 992 GT3, that means that it costs about $123K to make the car, including all expenses. Throw in some options and you could say that it costs about $140K to make the car. That’s not a high cost, and reflects the fact that this is a mass-produced car derived from a base 911.

I personally don’t see how the car could be considered to be worth double that amount. My build for a new one at MSRP would be around $185K, which I think is a fair price which gives plenty of profit margin for Porsche and the dealer.
Here's someone that implies that they take the Profit Margin of Porsche and their dealer's into consideration when spec'ing a GT3 and it's options.
I wonder if he also goes out to dinner with his wife, scanning the menu for main entrees that he believes have too much of a profit margin embedded in them, avoids them, and orders a main entree that he perceives has VALUE.

Wow, I thought that I had seen it all until this.
Who lives their life like this?
I sure dont.

Jbravo23 (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 10:14 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres

The choice not to pay a ridiculous adm always comes down to “can’t afford to buy new cars” How presumptuous are we. Do you know personally finance situation of a random stranger on the internet that wants a car at MSRP?
Some here will not pay adm period. Others have a window perhaps 25k or little more and I’m in this camp and others well don’t care and 100k all day adm galore. To some and perhaps this is hard to understand but it’s not always about the money. sort of a principled thing. If adm is no issue for all in the 50- 100k crowd that don’t care then why not wire said funds to your local dealer as a token appreciation of the good service they provide since it’s just another zero right. How many would actually do that? This thread is a train wreck but I enjoy it
Old 01-18-2023, 10:26 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Boltsfan
Do you think what the Fed is doing with its actions is the equivalent of maneuvering a destroyer or an aircraft carrier? It takes time for these things to play out. There's the "R" word - we are waiting to see whether there will be a recession.
Never mind that December PPI fell 0.5% while January Consumer Sentiment jumped to a 9 month high.
By the time you figure out that we're in a Recession, the equity market will have already rallied 10%.

My neighbor from Battery Park City and colleague from my days on the COMEX trading Gold for Paul Tudor Jones while Gary traded Silver back in 1986.
"I think we've weathered the storm in the United States," said Gary Cohn former COO of Goldman Sachs and current vice chairman of IBM.

Almost two-thirds of economists surveyed by the WEF expect a global recession this year.
Remember what I said in a previous post.... "What is obvious, is obviously wrong"

If it's obvious, people are ALREADY positioned for it.

Gary Cohn on recession fears: 'We've weathered the storm in the United States' [Video] (aol.com)

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-18-2023 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:28 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe mac
maybe not "transfered" but certainly plaquing (is that a word?) the GT series for sure. Being an owner at MSRP (thankfully) and also enjoying the thought of longer term ownership, I am not worried about mileage. The thing that always stung me about my Mclarens and Ferraris was the annual costs - which you don't have with the Porsches...
What did your annual costs look like on the Macs you owned? Were the F cars you had before the 7 years of free maintenance deal started?
Old 01-18-2023, 10:37 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
What’s really bothering you? So many guys here in anger …
You and me both know. Overpaying for a gt3 and car value definitely going down make these boys very angry.

If these guys are so rich that they dont care about losing 50-60k on a gt3 + fully enjoying their cars, they wouldnt be posting on adm thread on daily basis 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by Ascend:
Boltsfan (01-19-2023), Manifold (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 10:41 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Old 01-18-2023, 10:44 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Engro
The choice not to pay a ridiculous adm always comes down to “can’t afford to buy new cars” How presumptuous are we.
You forgot to mention the guy who posts here EVERY DAY even though he said he wouldnt pay MSRP for a new 992 GT3.
Which makes one wonder, why is he here?

Answer: He's a TROLL
Jbravo23 (01-18-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM