A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 11:10 AM
GTJake
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
You never hit me up pal. If your in CA I can probably help you out bud for free

EDIT: Not that I would ever help you with that bozo response, but anyone else is welcome
I already ordered my PTS CXX GT4 but damn... if I could have gotten a 992 GT3 at MSRP I would have. I'm still so far up the list at my local dealer it's pointless.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:17 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,010 Posts

https://www.autospies.com/news/index...ssionid=112091
Old 11-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Inflation lower than expected.

stock price went up.

what will happen to gt3?
Totally. GG to all those who are hoping for lower ADMs. That glorified Ponzi scheme that is the stock market has spoken. All the big ballz "you can easily get 8% returns a year" stock bulls have pulled out their dicks and are ready to ****. 8% inflation or 7.7% means nothing, it's all about "buy today because tomrorow it will go higher", plus some noise around it preventing it from going in a straight line.

You don't believe me? Look at that revolting discussing cesspool of an index which is the Russell 2k

36% of the constituents R2K index have negative earnings.

The P/E of the index is 86

101 of the 1959 constituents not only have negative earnings but zero sales. Most of those are "biotech" companies, almost all of which don't have a prayer of ever turning a product.

By buying the R2K you are buying a laundry list of non-viable, never-to-be-profitable companies many of which would never have existed if it wasn't for the zero rates policy of the past decade and the egregious misallocation of capital it created.

And yet

Since the start of October, the S&P 500 (Apple, Berkshire, Google, etc.) is up 10.6% since the market rebounded, while the R2K (off-brand, no count zombie companies) is up 14.6%, instead of being obliterated as logic would dictate it would.

Am I cherry picking periods? Not really. Year to date SPX: -16.7%. YTD R2K: -15.52%. Less striking, still outperforming.

So ADMs are here to stay, and quite possibly revert to the highs of the spring, in my humble and very angry opinion.

Last edited by Freddie Two Bs; 11-11-2022 at 12:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Freddie Two Bs:
-eztrader- (11-12-2022), shrimp money (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,344 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Pretty much all of the credible people I listen to predict that the stock market will be much lower next year. Valuations can stay inflated for a long time, but not forever.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:13 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

“can you ask her or him why Porsche is not allowing customers to spec either LWB or Bose or PCCBs on the 992 Carrera T?

I know LWBs will be available in a few weeks, but as of now, Porsche is not allowing customers to spec either Bose or PCCBs on the T, even tho they are both options for the car.”

Hate to sound uninformed - but what is “PCCBs” and “LWB”?

I have a Panamera Executive hybrid on the assembly line today but they canceled my Bose stereo and also the electric steering column adjustment ( manual only now) and what was really aggravating is that Porsche never gave me a chance to spec the Burmeister stereo instead. But they have the parts for the basic stereo it seems. Also not sure I would have selected the Burmeister as they raised the price to around $7,500- for a stereo upgrade? They should at least give you all the standard stereo parts in a box.

oddly I also have a Corvette c8 on order with a build date of December 19 and it has a Bose stereo and no mention by Chevrolet of any delays with that Bose stereo system.
porsche should at least find enough parts for their high end luxury sedan which by design usually has a fancy stereo system.

I can’t find anyone that has “heard” the base stereo system in a Panamera to get an opinion of what it sounds like. Probably the same base stereo as in the 911 but I have yet to find anyone that has that in a recent 992 model 911.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:44 PM
GTJake
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Hate to sound uninformed - but what is “PCCBs” and “LWB”?.
Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes = PCCB
Lightweight Bucket seats = LWB (the carbon shell seats you used to only be able to configure in the GT cars but it has since expanded to the T, GTS along with I think a few others)
Old 11-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I never read that Porsche was ever going to offer the ceramic brakes on the T - which makes sense as this model is focused on being a country and mountain road tool -- not a track car like the GT3 or GT4. And they have to leave a few options that some guys might want for the more expensive models. I just traded my GT4 - 2022- in on an allocation for the T and one of the main reasons was that I had selected the Carbon fiber bucket seats in the GT4. Those seats make getting in and out of the car really annoying and difficult. And once in they don't recline and more importantly, they don't fold forward making getting access to the area behind the seats almost impossible. Even without seats back there making that useful space accessible is still very nice. Unless the car is really going to be tracked -- and often-- and seriously -- the sport seat plus are the better option without any doubt in my opinion.

Not having the Bose stereo option is really annoying however -- and Porsche has made the Burmeister a lot more expensive on all the models - better profit margins maybe than the Bose?

I have a Corvette being built in December and every Corvette has the Bose as the standard stereo and no a mention of any issues with Chevrolet sourcing the Bose hardware.

Maybe Porsche decided to only have one very expensive upgrade stereo from the base stereo as too many people were selecting the more reasonably priced Bose system- which is almost surely less profitable for Porsche.
Old 11-11-2022, 04:28 PM
rj2014
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I never read that Porsche was ever going to offer the ceramic brakes on the T - which makes sense as this model is focused on being a country and mountain road tool -- not a track car like the GT3 or GT4. And they have to leave a few options that some guys might want for the more expensive models. I just traded my GT4 - 2022- in on an allocation for the T and one of the main reasons was that I had selected the Carbon fiber bucket seats in the GT4. Those seats make getting in and out of the car really annoying and difficult. And once in they don't recline and more importantly, they don't fold forward making getting access to the area behind the seats almost impossible. Even without seats back there making that useful space accessible is still very nice. Unless the car is really going to be tracked -- and often-- and seriously -- the sport seat plus are the better option without any doubt in my opinion.

Not having the Bose stereo option is really annoying however -- and Porsche has made the Burmeister a lot more expensive on all the models - better profit margins maybe than the Bose?

I have a Corvette being built in December and every Corvette has the Bose as the standard stereo and no a mention of any issues with Chevrolet sourcing the Bose hardware.

Maybe Porsche decided to only have one very expensive upgrade stereo from the base stereo as too many people were selecting the more reasonably priced Bose system- which is almost surely less profitable for Porsche.

If the main reason you traded in the GT4 was due to the buckets, did you consider just switching to the 18ways and selling the buckets after market? they sell for $15-20k on rennlist marketplace.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:18 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Totally OT. I was browsing some random website and saw a diablo gtr for sale. (Race car converted street legal) Wonder how driving this would feel compared to gt3.

https://www.specialtycarcollection.com/vehicle-details/2001-lamborghini-diablo--gtr-coupe-734cdf6507dc40b08214d1352ed0b6ed

Last edited by Ascend; 11-11-2022 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

There is no substitute.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:56 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Traded the GT4 in at a decent value over my cost and also was promised a T allocation. The GT4 - is a car I never drove often. I have a 22’ Boxster GTS and. 911 Targa 4 and I enjoy those cars a lot more. I intended to use the GT4 on a track but decided it was just too pretty to damage on a track. And for street driving - the seats are uncomfortable, hard to get in and out of and the car is really unpleasantly loud and very stiff on the road. Also I am 6’2” and 275 pounds and the car is very tight feeling inside compared to the 911. Plus I like building a new Porsche also. Not all a practical decision. A manual transmission car sounds like fun also. The GT4 is focused on being driven for short periods of time on a race track while the T is designed to drive on a twisty country road or mountain road. Which my wife and I do a lot. Selling the seats sound like a lot of trouble.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:34 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

You never hit me up pal. If your in CA I can probably help you out bud for free

EDIT: Not that I would ever help you with that bozo response, but anyone else is welcome
you're*

I'm all set big guy.

Keep preaching that the market is tanking and 992 GT3's will be 30k under MSRP in a few short months. Maybe, just maybe, you'll speak it into existence!

Old 11-12-2022, 02:03 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 679 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Freddie Two Bs
Totally. GG to all those who are hoping for lower ADMs. That glorified Ponzi scheme that is the stock market has spoken. All the big ballz "you can easily get 8% returns a year" stock bulls have pulled out their dicks and are ready to ****. 8% inflation or 7.7% means nothing, it's all about "buy today because tomrorow it will go higher", plus some noise around it preventing it from going in a straight line.

You don't believe me? Look at that revolting discussing cesspool of an index which is the Russell 2k

36% of the constituents R2K index have negative earnings.

The P/E of the index is 86

101 of the 1959 constituents not only have negative earnings but zero sales. Most of those are "biotech" companies, almost all of which don't have a prayer of ever turning a product.

By buying the R2K you are buying a laundry list of non-viable, never-to-be-profitable companies many of which would never have existed if it wasn't for the zero rates policy of the past decade and the egregious misallocation of capital it created.

And yet

Since the start of October, the S&P 500 (Apple, Berkshire, Google, etc.) is up 10.6% since the market rebounded, while the R2K (off-brand, no count zombie companies) is up 14.6%, instead of being obliterated as logic would dictate it would.

Am I cherry picking periods? Not really. Year to date SPX: -16.7%. YTD R2K: -15.52%. Less striking, still outperforming.

So ADMs are here to stay, and quite possibly revert to the highs of the spring, in my humble and very angry opinion.
no doubt bro. Get the gt3’s while they’re still low 300’s. They’ll be 500k by spring and you’ll be priced out forever
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 08:35 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

no doubt bro. Get the gt3’s while they’re still low 300’s. They’ll be 500k by spring and you’ll be priced out forever
Come on man. What I'm saying is, a lot of the buying frenzy in 2h20 through 21 was fueled by loose financial conditions, including epic gains in stonks. If stonks keep rallying hard - and bulls at the moment are all lined up with their wallets open, itching to keep buying and feed the rally - that'll help keep demand strong and ADMs high, and possibly higher than they've been.
The following users liked this post:
WCGhost (11-12-2022)
Old 11-12-2022, 01:38 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 679 Likes on 370 Posts

Tech and housing is collapsing. Robert Schiller found that spending was not really correlated to the stock market at all as those kinds of investors don’t spend more when their stocks go up.

but the type of person that leverages homes and see “equity” appear in their home acts like it’s earned money and spends (consumption) at a much higher rate.
http://www.econ.yale.edu/~shiller/pubs/p1181.pdf

home prices aren’t going up, spending goes down when home prices go down hence the feds
strongest inflation card is killing mortgage rates and derailing housing. Don’t fight the fed

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM