A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 08:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,790 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Originally Posted by once4all
You are suggesting Porsche as a manufacturer does not have a legal basis to control what their dealers can sell the products for. So I am wondering how Rolex has successfully managed its authorized dealers (for the most part) what they can charge? Is Rolex doing something illegal? I am mentioning Rolex because the consensus opinion that the brand is the Porsche of watches, and vice versa.
I do not know LEGALLY if porsche or rolex can or cannot do.
I don't think rolex can legally tell dealers what to do, they can however, NOT send hot watches to the dealers.
so it's an under the table threat if you will
I do not know the fact, I am guessing here
BUT, if I send my Rolex AD an RS at MSRP from my many allocations, I get a lot of so called hard to get watches.
it's just a game, the players decide how to play
ADM is hard to discuss other than case by case basis. when you are in Porsches or 30+ years, you tend to know just about every dealer around, and they know you too. the start is always tough.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, I kind of want to scratch my Ferrari itch with the Speciale when things calm down.
you should talk to SpyerX, he will set you straight hahahaha.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (06-06-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 08:49 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Fking ferraris. Haven’t driven one that got under my skin. Sound good tho.
the attention is not desirable. The seem to be the thing along with lambos the next town n of us.

those pateks tho. Me likey but I’m very poor. I’ll stick to the old beater rollies.

flip flops i like rainbows. No adm on those.

cars. I stick to the antiques. Anyone know of a clean not insane price d90? Need a new daily that fits new locale vibe

Last edited by Spyerx; 05-30-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:22 AM
Ninja_Bum
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I always get a statement of the pricing and deposit I provided in writing and with a commission number page with my name as the customer.

just got an allocation on a GT4 for msrp - in writing.

asked about the GT3 and they said the first eight they are ordering themselves and will sell them on a competitive bid to the highest bidders. And in sequential order - one car at a time- no shopping the configurations or colors.

I said I would buy one at msrp and he said probably by year end they will have allocations that will get sold at msrp — and I told him when he wants to sell an allocation for a GT3 on a rainy day sometime at msrp to give me a call.

said he would.

capitalism - isn’t it great.

I like Rolex’s and I have a great relationship with my AD - I bought a few less desirable Rolex models - my wife benefited - and now I get the hard to get watches. Just got a Sky-dweller - blue dial. Very hard to find new. But the dealer knows I don’t sell my watches and I buy other jewelry from him also everytime I go into pick up a watch. Rolex dealers are required not to sell above msrp - which is really stupid as it gives all the market profit to second hand dealers and “flippers”. Rolex dealers tend to be more honorable and more rational than car salesman — so I don’t know if the relationship matters to dealers ry much particularly when they can sell cars for any price they want. A dealer really has to love you to walk away from a $50,000 markup. If you really want the manager at the dealer to love you tell the manager at the dealer that you will buy any Porsche that they have not been able to sell for 60 days with a 10% discount. Any Porsche. Buy the car and resell it and take the loss if you have too and then you may get the super hard cars at msrp — but probably not still. But this would be the best way to get them to give you a deal or put you in the front of the line. Make their lives easier and they will remembers you.

they get cars ordered with oddball colors and despite a cash deposit the buyer flakes and they have to resell the car and it sits for months - they hate to keep cars on the lot.

I have gotten my allocations for a Targa, and recently for a GTS Boxster and a GT4 because I called the salesman on lucky day and they both - different dealers- had buyers cancel right before lock dates and they wanted the cars sold and speced by a legitimate known real buyer who won’t back out.

As a stockbroker - years ago when it was fun- I had hedge funds that would buy large positions in utility stock underwritings just to get allocated hot issues. They would sell the utility shares immediately - sometimes even losing a little money but hope to make it up on the hot issues. The utility offerings paid a broker more per share than the hot issues - and these hedge fund guys would do this with a lot of brokers - combine all the hot issue shares and sell them all in a block trade for a large profit. The commissions on the utility shares was nice but more important was we wanted all our allocation of shares by the syndicate sold immediately so we could show the lead on the dea l that we could honor whatever allocation they gave us so we could move up the syndicate tiers to larger positions - particularly with the hot issues. The firm got larger hot issue share allocations by selling more shares in the mundane utility underwritings.

find a way to help a dealer deal with their hard to move inventory and they will pay you back by selling you the hard to buy cars.

but I would get guys that would call up and act like they were doing me a favor for wanting to buy shares from an underwriting that were likely to pop 50% on the first day.

car dealers don’t need friends - they need to make as more money to cover their expenses.
Care to share the dealer in a DM? I've been trying to find somewhere to get on a list for a GT3 in winter '22 to spring '23. The local dealer told me apparently they have 53 people on a second gen waitlist which kind of blew my mind. Another a bit further away said he'd get back to me after he meets with the Porsche rep this week. A third said they don't take deposits but he said they did market research and their ADMs are in line with the dealers in California so that doesn't sound super promising.

A dealer that might have MSRP allocations further down the road sounds like it might fit the bill.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:59 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninja_Bum
A third said they don't take deposits but he said they did market research and their ADMs are in line with the dealers in California.
Market research. That's hilarious. Yes, they created a Rennlist screen name. Nothing too fancy. Non descriptive. They are still trying to decide if they should upgrade, pay the $17.00 and become a Member.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:29 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,376 Likes on 835 Posts

..... find a way to help a dealer deal with their hard to move inventory and they will pay you back by selling you the hard to buy cars.....
Never understood this money tree philosophy. Buy something unwanted, resell it at a loss, and maybe you'll get rewarded by paying ADM down the road on something you really want. Guess if you have something like that growing in your yard ..........
Old 05-31-2021, 11:28 AM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

I always get a statement of the pricing and deposit I provided in writing and with a commission number page with my name as the customer.

just got an allocation on a GT4 for msrp - in writing.

asked about the GT3 and they said the first eight they are ordering themselves and will sell them on a competitive bid to the highest bidders. And in sequential order - one car at a time- no shopping the configurations or colors.

I said I would buy one at msrp and he said probably by year end they will have allocations that will get sold at msrp — and I told him when he wants to sell an allocation for a GT3 on a rainy day sometime at msrp to give me a call.

said he would.

capitalism - isn’t it great.

I like Rolex’s and I have a great relationship with my AD - I bought a few less desirable Rolex models - my wife benefited - and now I get the hard to get watches. Just got a Sky-dweller - blue dial. Very hard to find new. But the dealer knows I don’t sell my watches and I buy other jewelry from him also everytime I go into pick up a watch. Rolex dealers are required not to sell above msrp - which is really stupid as it gives all the market profit to second hand dealers and “flippers”. Rolex dealers tend to be more honorable and more rational than car salesman — so I don’t know if the relationship matters to dealers ry much particularly when they can sell cars for any price they want. A dealer really has to love you to walk away from a $50,000 markup. If you really want the manager at the dealer to love you tell the manager at the dealer that you will buy any Porsche that they have not been able to sell for 60 days with a 10% discount. Any Porsche. Buy the car and resell it and take the loss if you have too and then you may get the super hard cars at msrp — but probably not still. But this would be the best way to get them to give you a deal or put you in the front of the line. Make their lives easier and they will remembers you.

they get cars ordered with oddball colors and despite a cash deposit the buyer flakes and they have to resell the car and it sits for months - they hate to keep cars on the lot.

I have gotten my allocations for a Targa, and recently for a GTS Boxster and a GT4 because I called the salesman on lucky day and they both - different dealers- had buyers cancel right before lock dates and they wanted the cars sold and speced by a legitimate known real buyer who won’t back out.

As a stockbroker - years ago when it was fun- I had hedge funds that would buy large positions in utility stock underwritings just to get allocated hot issues. They would sell the utility shares immediately - sometimes even losing a little money but hope to make it up on the hot issues. The utility offerings paid a broker more per share than the hot issues - and these hedge fund guys would do this with a lot of brokers - combine all the hot issue shares and sell them all in a block trade for a large profit. The commissions on the utility shares was nice but more important was we wanted all our allocation of shares by the syndicate sold immediately so we could show the lead on the dea l that we could honor whatever allocation they gave us so we could move up the syndicate tiers to larger positions - particularly with the hot issues. The firm got larger hot issue share allocations by selling more shares in the mundane utility underwritings.

find a way to help a dealer deal with their hard to move inventory and they will pay you back by selling you the hard to buy cars.

but I would get guys that would call up and act like they were doing me a favor for wanting to buy shares from an underwriting that were likely to pop 50% on the first day.

car dealers don’t need friends - they need to make as more money to cover their expenses.
you will not receive any gt3 for msrp...........pay or be content with your gt4, , its a great car.the new norm procedures are here to stay............chip supply shortage ?? thats hilarious . alot of consumers falling for the banana trick......thwy will manipulate that shortgae just like rolex does
Old 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Bingo, I'm not going to beg to buy at an ADM. Rather buy a nicer home if I'm going to pay a premium because at least with the nicer home I know it will increase in value over time unless GT cars that will depreciate. There is only downside in pricing if you buy a GT car with an ADM, sooner or later as things normalize.
thingd already normalied,,,,,,,,,,this is it...THE NEW NORMAL..........we adapt or we keep waiting for false hope...........i paid 25 over and my delivery is in september...........i am done.... no need to be concerned and i alreadty have a prospect that will give me more then what i paid but i am not selling
alibo70 (06-02-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 11:36 AM
once4all
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
‘Dude not going to argue with you my neighbor is a Porsche lawyer .........so guess he’s lying. Not defensive I can care less honestly ......I run a business and like the free will to charge what I want, and don’t like it don’t buy it very simple. Why beg to buy something, and complain about the same business you’re begging to buy just seams odd to me.
I have been promised a MSRP lot for 992.2 touring but undecided if I want to take it. Sold my 997.2 GT3 rs a while ago so desire a 6-speed GT. But want to wait after hear real user reviews.
For a mass produced car model that sells ~ 10,000 copies worldwide, it's crazy to pay any mark ups. VW plans Porsche for a spin off IPO (so it can survive EV attack) and they WILL flood the market with regular and all kinds of so called "special edition" GT cars with a number plate. Just 18 months ago, "used" GT3 and RS of only delivery miles were selling 20-30K below MSRP and nobody wanted them. These are retail discounts and if you sell back to dealers who charged you ADM to start with you are looking at a major loss not unlike any other cars. It will happen again after chip supply catches up. Those who think they can drive a new car for a year or two and then roll back money to another toy without paying too much will pay.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:44 AM
mnawa
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by once4all
I have been promised a MSRP lot for 992.2 touring but undecided if I want to take it. Sold my 997.2 GT3 rs a while ago so desire a 6-speed GT. But want to wait after hear real user reviews.
For a mass produced car model that sells ~ 10,000 copies worldwide, it's crazy to pay any mark ups. VW plans Porsche for a spin off IPO (so it can survive EV attack) and they WILL flood the market with regular and all kinds of so called "special edition" GT cars with a number plate. Just 18 months ago, "used" GT3 and RS of only delivery miles were selling 20-30K below MSRP and nobody wanted them. These are retail discounts and if you sell back to dealers who charged you ADM to start with you are looking at a major loss not unlike any other cars. It will happen again after chip supply catches up. Those who think they can drive a new car for a year or two and then roll back money to another toy without paying too much will pay.
care to pass that GT3T allocation to me?
Old 05-31-2021, 12:13 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
care to pass that GT3T allocation to me?
lol - good luck with that
Old 05-31-2021, 12:53 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

He did not have a gt3 allocation at msrp / he said that probably in about a year he would be able to sell a GT3 allocation at msrp because he understood that Porsche plans to build lots and lots of the gt3 copies since it is very profitable for the company and the GT3 is not a limited production car. He believes they intend to ramp up production of this car such that dealers will have inventory to sell to their customer demand. The down force is greatly increased so to compensate the spring rate by necessity is much stiffer than past generations and he also believes from experience that many of the first wave Gt3’s sold will Come back to the dealership as used cars because they are very uncomfortable as a street ride. These are he quipped track friendly cars and very unfriendly wife cars. He also suggested that once the GTS models are released they will take away some of the demand for the GT3. His conclusion was that if you pay the huge premium for one of the first wave GT3’s that premium could very well get lost within a year or not sooner as demand shifts to other new models and as Porsche ramps up their build numbers to increase demand. In a year he thinks dealers will have allocations they can offer at msrp. Given the shortage of any sports cars they have fewer cars to sell so they have to mark up cars to market demand prices to compensate. His advice was to not pay the premium unless money doesn’t matter to you. He was being honest— his advice give it some time. I did remind him that at around forty he doesn’t feel that many guys at 65 plus begin to realize - they don’t have time — money they have in abundance. I had three friends in their mid sixties get buried in the last year which made it clear that doing stuff next year might not happen, one of these friends always talked about ordering to his specs a new 911 but he was waiting until “next” year when he could get a huge discount if the economy faltered. I understand that his son is buying a number of hyper sports cars using his Dad’s money - seems kind of ironic. When it comes to our toy cars for many the cost is irrelevant.
AlexCeres (06-06-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 02:49 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 200 Posts

..... I had three friends in their mid sixties get buried in the last year which made it clear that doing stuff next year might not happen, one of these friends always talked about ordering to his specs a new 911 but he was waiting until “next” year when he could get a huge discount if the economy faltered. I understand that his son is buying a number of hyper sports cars using his Dad’s money - seems kind of ironic. When it comes to our toy cars for many the cost is irrelevant.
My long deceased dad, (1989 at 80) could more than afford any car he wanted, but he always made excuses. His dream car was a Jaguar XJ12. In 1974 is was around $20k if I recall. He couldn't bear to pay that and bought an AMC Hornet for $3,800. In 1984 it was time for a new car but now his dream car Jag was $40K or so, couldn't part with his cash and bought some nondescript GM sedan. I recall that story frequently and is one of those life lessons one never forgets.

I just sold a property and will soon take delivery of a 3200km Coffee and Cars driven high spec Weissach .2 GT3 RS at a ridiculously inflated price. I'm 62.8.

I always say, "spent it or your heirs will without regard for the years of sacrifice it took to earn it."
The following 8 users liked this post by CarManDSL:
AlexCeres (06-06-2021), cadster (05-31-2021), carcommander (06-19-2021), josephr25 (06-02-2021), NCPM (08-06-2021), NYCGT3 (06-02-2021), smceo (05-31-2021), Spike Spiegel (12-30-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-31-2021, 02:51 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,790 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Fking ferraris. Haven’t driven one that got under my skin. Sound good tho.
the attention is not desirable. The seem to be the thing along with lambos the next town n of us.
u need to drive 275GTB
it's not bad

those pateks tho. Me likey but I’m very poor. I’ll stick to the old beater rollies.
don't worry, I got you Tiffany stamped 5711/1A.014 I believe only 4 in USA. I am looking for $700K USD. I think I have offer coming close.
then I am buying that beach house next to yours. you can fix my AC cars

flip flops i like rainbows. No adm on those.
I don't haze flip flops. I trip when were those.

cars. I stick to the antiques. Anyone know of a clean not insane price d90? Need a new daily that fits new locale vibe
I know a green NAS D90.
I will send you link
insane price... look at my Patek prices. cars are dirty cheap. buy 3

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-31-2021, 03:00 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts

__

Last edited by Paolo1; 05-31-2021 at 07:59 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Paolo1:
AlexCeres (05-31-2021), Fixinbones (05-31-2021), jayhawkai (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 07:15 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Paolo1
This thread is getting close tonwhat I imagine a Ferrari site to be like with the owners sitting at home in their Ferrari clothes and Ferrari shoes
I have a 488 but no shoes or suit to match. It sits next to my 2RS. Sounds like jealousy to me. YMMV.
The following 3 users liked this post by carcommander:
cadster (05-31-2021), Paolo1 (05-31-2021), Yippiekiaye (05-31-2021)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM