Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 07:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
^^^^ Staring at Bumblebee in the background made these 15mins less painful to watch. +1 on the opinion about said dealership. Other than that, just thankful for the small circle of friends I keep. 🤐
That guy is annoying, if he was so rich and had so many cars he shouldn't be paying ADM for a Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
MiamiAnimalDoc (07-13-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 07:34 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,772 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
^^^^ Staring at Bumblebee in the background made these 15mins less painful to watch. +1 on the opinion about said dealership. Other than that, just thankful for the small circle of friends I keep. 🤐

haha. Yea a buddy sent me that. Not really into his vids. Never sat thru an entire one but I thought this was interesting. These dealers are ruining the buying experience for a lot of people.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:52 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
haha. Yea a buddy sent me that. Not really into his vids. Never sat thru an entire one but I thought this was interesting. These dealers are ruining the buying experience for a lot of people.
Were it not for this forum and the network of strangers that are willing to help another stranger without expecting anything in return, I’d still
be in deep litigation with said ‘dealership’ since preCovid times.

….and I’ll leave it at that…

Last edited by JAB12; 07-10-2022 at 08:15 PM.
mattw1093 (07-13-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 08:37 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That guy is annoying, if he was so rich and had so many cars he shouldn't be paying ADM for a Porsche.
Sounds like my buddy--- "I'm rich, look at all my money!!" - however, he is slandering individual salespeople in this video...which legally can be dangerous. If he's so rich, perhaps he could pay on a lawsuit.
Terrible looking watch btw. Garbage. Trash. Pictures of watches on the walls? WTAF

But overall, a good video- they tried to get him w/ the prepaid Maintenance plan. lol (that's a bushleague tactic lol)

Last edited by chance6; 07-10-2022 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:04 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
Sounds like my buddy--- "I'm rich, look at all my money!!" - however, he is slandering individual salespeople in this video...which legally can be dangerous. If he's so rich, perhaps he could pay on a lawsuit.
Terrible looking watch btw. Garbage. Trash. Pictures of watches on the walls? WTAF

But overall, a good video- they tried to get him w/ the prepaid Maintenance plan. lol (that's a bushleague tactic lol)
It's only slander if it's not true. (not to endorse this guy, just saying by definition slander is "false and damaging" not just damaging)
Old 07-11-2022, 05:31 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

What dealer is giving a first time customer a GT3 and a touring for $55,000 over msrp? And if they did - then this rich Guy should have bought the Porsche pre-paid service contract which starts with the services after the first free oil change. So you don’t use up one of your prepaid service visits on your free oil change. A smart rich guy would have happily paid for the prepaid maintenance contract. Why did he not want it? Because he is likely a flipper himself. He planned to license the car in a sales tax free state ( probably a mailbox etc. address) and then turn around and sell it for a profit.

these cars should be sold to real porsche enthusiasts-require proof that you have been a member of PCA for several years, have owned Porsche vehicles in the recent past and that you have been active in Porsche events as well. These rare vehicles should be allocated to real enthusiasts rather than just first time posers that don’t really intend to use the car. Requiring real proof of residency in the state of licensing is a good start and also requiring prepaid service contract works as it saves you money if you keep the car three years which of course flippers never intend to do.

and who buys a bunch of parts before they have even signed a purchase agreement… crazy.

he seems to protest way too much — and that awful poser watch —- he might consider that Porsche dealers deal almost exclusively with so- called rich guys everyday. Until they sell the car they own it and can sell it anyway they want. Selling a GT3 at only $55,000 over msrp is not difficult to do and that deal would only likely be given to a long term customer that has bought many cars and traded in a lot of cars and serviced them all at their dealership as well. He should have taken a $55,000 over deal with the prepaid service contract — that was a fantastic deal given the demand for a GT3 Touring.
AlexCeres (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 03:55 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
It's only slander if it's not true. (not to endorse this guy, just saying by definition slander is "false and damaging" not just damaging)
Well, it’s possible that the finance person threw that prepaid jibberish into the contract. Also possible the SA didn’t see it. Just saying… and yes that watch sucked!
Old 07-11-2022, 05:00 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
What dealer is giving a first time customer a GT3 and a touring for $55,000 over msrp? And if they did - then this rich Guy should have bought the Porsche pre-paid service contract which starts with the services after the first free oil change. So you don’t use up one of your prepaid service visits on your free oil change. A smart rich guy would have happily paid for the prepaid maintenance contract. Why did he not want it? Because he is likely a flipper himself. He planned to license the car in a sales tax free state ( probably a mailbox etc. address) and then turn around and sell it for a profit.

these cars should be sold to real porsche enthusiasts-require proof that you have been a member of PCA for several years, have owned Porsche vehicles in the recent past and that you have been active in Porsche events as well. These rare vehicles should be allocated to real enthusiasts rather than just first time posers that don’t really intend to use the car. Requiring real proof of residency in the state of licensing is a good start and also requiring prepaid service contract works as it saves you money if you keep the car three years which of course flippers never intend to do.

and who buys a bunch of parts before they have even signed a purchase agreement… crazy.

he seems to protest way too much — and that awful poser watch —- he might consider that Porsche dealers deal almost exclusively with so- called rich guys everyday. Until they sell the car they own it and can sell it anyway they want. Selling a GT3 at only $55,000 over msrp is not difficult to do and that deal would only likely be given to a long term customer that has bought many cars and traded in a lot of cars and serviced them all at their dealership as well. He should have taken a $55,000 over deal with the prepaid service contract — that was a fantastic deal given the demand for a GT3 Touring.
Each dealer should be able to run their business how they want. If you don’t like it, go to another dealer. Vote with your dollars.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,267 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Each dealer should be able to run their business how they want. If you don’t like it, go to another dealer. Vote with your dollars.
Seriously right! Require proof of PCA membership to be able to buy a car?? Umm, no thanks. If you dont like the dealer tactics, go buy from another dealer. If you dont like all Porsche dealers, buy another brand.

Maverick787 (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 06:44 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,227 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Yup, if I own a restaurant and my chefs secret ingredient is SPIT in your food.. Hey its America and I can run my business how I want. If you don't like the taste of my chefs saliva, go somewhere else.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:45 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Cars in short supply should be allocated to real buyers not greasy slimy flippers — same with Rolex watches - dealers that sell to flippers should lose their Rolex franchise ——
Old 07-11-2022, 10:31 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

What defines an enthusiast? Lol
Enthusiasts ive seen all keen on flipping their cars as well.
Maybe a signed contract where you cannot sell your car until you hit 30k miles?
Old 07-11-2022, 10:40 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Ford does this with the Ford GT -- I believe they make the buyer sign a "no sale" agreement for several years. Niot sure what their penalty is if a customer does sell - but they at the minimum will never sell them another rare Ford vehicle.

Wynn- from Wynn's Resort fame- was the owner of the Ferrari dealer in Las Vegas and he owned one of the very rare Ferrari's that owners were required not to sell for some specific time -- but he did anyway. THey forced him to sell the Ferrari franchise.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:42 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Yup, if I own a restaurant and my chefs secret ingredient is SPIT in your food.. Hey its America and I can run my business how I want. If you don't like the taste of my chefs saliva, go somewhere else.
Not sure if this is sarcastic or serious. If sarcastic, well done. In case of the latter, this is literally why we have restaurant health inspections, because, you know, it's actually not okay for you to run a restaurant however you want. That's what separates the United States from less developed countries where restaurants can be unsafe. Literally every wealthy successful country has gone the same way on this point.

With car dealers or other businesses the point gets a little less clear where the line should be. But there is a problem assuming that the market will solve everything (because you can take your business elsewhere). In many industries there is a high barrier to entry for new businesses and all the current players may have bad practices, so there's no market force to get them to change their ways. In those cases regulation can help, and yes, car dealers are probably one of those industries.

Last edited by Yargk; 07-11-2022 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:56 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 499 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Ford does this with the Ford GT -- I believe they make the buyer sign a "no sale" agreement for several years. Niot sure what their penalty is if a customer does sell - but they at the minimum will never sell them another rare Ford vehicle.

Wynn- from Wynn's Resort fame- was the owner of the Ferrari dealer in Las Vegas and he owned one of the very rare Ferrari's that owners were required not to sell for some specific time -- but he did anyway. THey forced him to sell the Ferrari franchise.
link: John Cena Ford GT
Spike Spiegel (07-20-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM