Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your responses. Jeez this forum is great - so glad I joined. I am looking above and note that there is a line specifying "VEHICLE FIX"

I have documentation (see below) that says i reached my vehicle fix point, but don't know exactly when that was. The date says 8/1 but that's the date of that particular build sheet since I asked them to switch wheels and thus they sent me an updated build sheet to confirm - however in the email - the dealer said that I can't make any other changes. So I assume we are well past that point as of 8/1.

Per above formula :

V250 Vehicle fixed 09/23/2016 (Mine 8/1/2016)
V900 Dealer Inventory 11/25/2016 (2 months later - puts me at 10/1)

Is this accurate? Or should I not be contemplating any of this until I get all the above info from the dealership? Thanks again for all your help!

Old 09-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Is this accurate? Or should I not be contemplating any of this until I get all the above info from the dealership?
Not to quote myself but....

Originally Posted by Jenner
They should be able to email you this info easily. Below is an example of the time line...It will change as the car goes through each step of the process.
I can't tell you how accurate yours is without seeing all of the steps, but depending on how long it sits at BOTH ports and the trek the cargo ship takes and how long it takes to "fill" a transport truck to your dealership there can be a long delay between production completion in Germany and actual arrival at the dealer.

But to give you hope my GT4 arrive at my dealer when the estimated info from Porsche said it would only just be arriving to the Rhode Island port so it was about 3 weeks early.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Can imagine it won't be earlier than normal because the process began close to Porsche summer holiday. I read somewhere that August - the factory shuts down - don't know how accurate that is - but if so - I'll be on the longer wait end of that spectrum scale.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:48 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

It does shut down and my GT4 was started right before they closed and it was still 3 weeks early. But every car is different, supply chain issues, weather, boats, dock worker strikes etc tons of things can slow it down.

For example my GT4 was supposed to be delivered to me in July but it didn't even start being built till August because of the LWB delay and I took delivery early Oct when projected date at start was end of Oct and I lost several weeks due to August shutdown.

My advice to you is, forget about it(as best you can) just don't think about it and be surprised when you get an update or it arrives @ port and then think about it. You can't control any of it, no point in getting upset if its delayed.

Expect the worst/latest date in your mind and be happy when it's earlier than expected.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Good advice. I wouldn't be upset. I'm pretty patient because I know how delays can happen. I design clothing for my own small design business and sell to stores. Can't help it if the factory I pay gets backed up - or if the fabric mill takes a few extra days in Europe, etc.

I know how it is - but obviously zoom zoom is going to be so fun!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
..... forget about it(as best you can) just don't think about it and be surprised when you get an update or it arrives @ port and then think about it. You can't control any of it, no point in getting upset if its delayed.

Expect the worst/latest date in your mind and be happy when it's earlier than expected.

I keep telling myself this, but it is hard when you've essentially waited 35 years already.........
Old 09-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

^^ Absolutely.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all for input. . will make a few modifications based on comments and come back when I start to get build info!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Update - thanks for suggestions and "crowdsourced" information on builds
Smoking kit and luggage net added
Added the front axle lift - found this from posts on this forum. The sales guy never brought it up.
Opinions needed:
1) thinking about going to Sport Wheels instead of Classic Wheels (what do you "guys" think)?
2) thinking about adding the interior leather trim (instead of standard)? Any pictures?
Old 09-02-2016, 06:43 AM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My PTS Targa 4s is on the boat from Germany to the UK this weekend... that's about 6 weeks earlier than originally quoted. Hopefully will be with me next weekend.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Any thoughts on PDCC?
Old 09-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Any thoughts on PDCC?
If you won't be tracking it(and maybe even if you are) I say pass.

Reason is that while little to no body roll is great for lap times, you aren't racing even at HPDE and laptimes are great for tracking driver progress but you don't need to set the track record.

The rest of the time (ie on the street) little to no body roll makes the car feel a bit dead and video game like. Some of the character/soul is lost to the technology.

More data here backing up my opinion:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7131...uzzkiller.html

Just my personal opinion of it. To provide a little more perspective I'm 38, I've had 8 different Porsche's (encompassing every 911 type from 964 to my incoming 991 including a GT3 RS and GT4) and I've been tracking my cars since 1999 and in the highest run group with all the clubs I drive with.

Also another data point I'm old school and buy only manuals.
Am I starting to sound like my father and becoming anti-progress/technology?
Old 09-03-2016, 10:44 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
... obviously zoom zoom is going to be so fun!
Where do you zoom, zoom in Brooklyn?
Old 09-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Thanks Jenner. .
FYI - my other car is a Mercedes S65. .
My only thought on the PDCC is that it will "smooth out" the ride for my wife who the "primary" (in quotes for a reason) driver of this car
J
Old 09-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Thanks Jenner. .
FYI - my other car is a Mercedes S65. .
My only thought on the PDCC is that it will "smooth out" the ride for my wife who the "primary" (in quotes for a reason) driver of this car
J
Guess the best advice I can give is go to the dealership and test drive with and without(doesn't have to be exact same model or engine to check out the suspension). It's the only way to be sure. Is it really going to add over $3000 worth of comfort?

A quote from Excellence (and Pete Stout):
PDCC, is an electronically operated anti-roll bar system that works with PASM to limit body roll pro-actively according to road condition and driving style. Imagine small, electronically controlled cylinders/shock absorbers in place of what used to be regular anti-roll bar end links. Porsches equipped with it will lean much less in corners, have better load transfer stability, and handle rough or uneven surfaces with more control.

We’ve tried 991-generation 911s with and without PDCC, which operates differently than in Cayenne and Panamera models. It enhances the 911’s handling capability, but the system also makes the car’s handling feel somewhat artificial, enough so that some drivers might prefer old-fashioned anti-roll bars. Choose carefully! You might take into consideration that a recent road test in a base Carrera devoid of almost any performance options (Excellence, December 2012) reminded author Pete Stout that “some of Porsche’s best cars are its most basic cars.”

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!