Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Thanks for the compliments on my new 911! Porsche engineers and assemblers are fantastic. One thing I noticed though - the doors don't close with a thunk like on the Cayman.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Oh man, that sucks. We need to all send bad karma to the hideous person that did that and left.

Some recent stories:

1. Some woman hit my prior BMW the first week I had it in a parking lot. Her cell phone dropped to the floor and she bent over to pick it up... while still driving. She ripped the entire front corner, thousands in damage, but at least she stayed to tell me what an idiot she was.

2. My Cayman got keyed in a parking garage in Baltimore last summer. It was keyed so hard that they had to use body filler.
Good god - why are people so evil.

My father asked me if I had a Trump sticker on the car! ( No, I know living in NYC / Brooklyn that is a big no no).

Monday I'll drop it off - it shouldn't take long, since they're just replacing the panel. So I guess just getting the door in and painting it then installing it. The door is already ordered.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Well! I'm not lucky with my cars - but I thought Id have it a month without a problem.
I went to a coffee shop to get coffee. I parked it legally on the street (bad move I know). I came out - and I saw this....Don't know who did it - but that's what insurance is for. The bodyshop told me they are going to just replace the door panel, not try to repair it.
Using the best body shop on the east coast (they have fixed the family cars 4 times already). Just thought I'd share the news - anyone wanna give me a hug? lol

Dood....that sucks. I feal for ya bro!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:55 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

you didn't have a trump sticker did you?
Old 11-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by TTSPete
you didn't have a trump sticker did you?
No hehe. That's a death sentence in NYC
Old 11-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Had to be a surveillance cam in the area somewhere?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:15 PM
TTSPete
Racer

No hehe. That's a death sentence in NYC
Somebody doing that to my car would also be a death sentence

Sorry about you car, I know that felling and it makes me nauseous
Old 11-22-2016, 06:56 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bradley Scott.

Wow that sucks big time. But a new door panel is the correct way to go.

I got a parking lot door-ding in my Merc three days into ownership a few years back. It had maybe 200 km on it. I parked in the far-far corner of my supermarket lot, I think some SOB must have done it on purpose. Small ding, the dent-removers fixed it really well.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

[QUOTE=Dan Nagy;13763664]This is my last post here, and now officially a 911 owner for the first time! Thanks everyone for the months of sharing. This really helped me to pass the time waiting!

Congrats Dan on leaving the waiting room and welcome to ownership land!! Beautiful car my man!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:10 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

An update on my TTS Cab. I went down to see my SA man today. The car is on a truck, as we speak, from Halifax to Calgary. The higher end Porsche models get transported across the country by a speciality auto-transport company. The regular models go by rail car. The truck is quicker, and they say much better. It could arrive in Calgary within the next 5-7 days. But then its into PDI, and ppf along with Paint Protection, so that will take a few days. I am then having it trucked out to my hanger and it will go into heated storage until the spring arrives, that way the warranty does not start until the spring. I had originally hoped for a September delivery, but my SA could not get a TTS Cab allocation, so I will have to wait till next year to actually use it. I will still post some pictures to prove I actually got it. There is one 'private' road at the airport that I can use, so at least I can say I have also driven it, that is if it is not snow/ice covered.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

[QUOTE=Mister_Yogi;13764091]
Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
This is my last post here, and now officially a 911 owner for the first time! Thanks everyone for the months of sharing. This really helped me to pass the time waiting!

Congrats Dan on leaving the waiting room and welcome to ownership land!! Beautiful car my man!
Thanks Mr. Yogi! I hope you are enjoying yours!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
arrived 7 weeks early -- how is that even possible? you or your sa has major influence or your car is missing the engine

beautiful car btw - enjoy
Originally Posted by Jenner
991.2 Turbo wheels so they they are machined spokes and grey everywhere else:

Jenner: Those rims look great. Your targa is going to look awesome. Look fwd to seeing the pics when you get the car....not too long now!

Dan Nagy; you car looks great with the glass roof. Congrats!

Bradley Scott: sorry to hear that happened....maddening
Old 11-22-2016, 08:53 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 403 Likes on 238 Posts

Good god - why are people so evil.

My father asked me if I had a Trump sticker on the car! ( No, I know living in NYC / Brooklyn that is a big no no).

Monday I'll drop it off - it shouldn't take long, since they're just replacing the panel. So I guess just getting the door in and painting it then installing it. The door is already ordered.
Sometimes, even when a whole panel is replaced, the bodyshop will have to blend the paint into adjacent panels. I think it primarily depends on the type of paint on the car though. Good luck; I'm sure it will look perfect when fixed.
Bish
Old 11-22-2016, 09:44 PM
TTSPete
Racer

So I have been tracking the Gentle Leader. The app has not updated since 11/19 at which time they were past the Azores. They must be out of range. They are somewhere mid Atlantic heading towards panama. Due to panama 11/27.

Then I look at drudge and see this. Oh no, there goes my schedule.
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2016, 09:50 PM
trovan
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 19 Posts

Goliath leader.... go faster!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!