Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jenner
Planet I was told pebble was on back order....did your SA mention anything about this to you?
Didn't mention it, but I'll check and update. If I can't get Pebble in a reasonable amount of time, I will probably choose Rhodium. ...Though Graphite Blue (if still available) might be an interesting choice, given that my exterior is a blue. But I wonder if it would provide enough pop? Curse the lack of sample images...
Old 08-29-2016, 12:53 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 46 Posts

I can officially leave the Waiting Room. We picked up our car at the PEC Atlanta this weekend, it's back home and getting to know its garage mates. Oh, and for anyone thinking of taking delivery in Atlanta it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.
Attached Images         
Old 08-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks great congrats!

I will officially be leaving the waiting room on Thursday when I pick up my Carrera S. Starting to lose sleep now
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
I can officially leave the Waiting Room. We picked up our car at the PEC Atlanta this weekend, it's back home and getting to know its garage mates. Oh, and for anyone thinking of taking delivery in Atlanta it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.
Nice car. 7 Speed - Super nice!!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 PM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by fuddman
Nice car. 7 Speed - Super nice!!
Yes, #savethemanuals
Old 08-29-2016, 10:53 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planet
It's taken a while for me to dial in this config
Man, tell me about it! I've been tweaking mine for almost two months and am still not done (%99 done). Also, thanks again for your advice on the dealership... I followed your lead and I couldn't be happier.

Regarding the car -- looking good! A timeless/classic look without being boring. Nicely done. Any pics of the interior? Would like to see how that deviated stitching looks...
Old 08-29-2016, 10:59 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Originally Posted by planet
Didn't mention it, but I'll check and update. If I can't get Pebble in a reasonable amount of time, I will probably choose Rhodium. ...Though Graphite Blue (if still available) might be an interesting choice, given that my exterior is a blue.
Yeah, I would go with Rhodium before Graphite Blue. Even though both are "blue" they are totally different and, instead of a healthy contract of colors that compliment each other, I think the two, different blues would just clash.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Fjord
Track Day

Originally Posted by racemor
Racer: First, what a lovely car! Second, tell me/us more about Atlanta delivery, please? I am having mine delivered in Atlanta, but I am wondering about details--how long, the schedule, track time, if it was early in the day, etc. We are hoping to take its maiden (young man--not to be sexist) voyage to Key West, and then home to VA via I-81 and Skyline Drive. And we were wondering about schedule--primarily for getting through the Miami area avoiding rush hour traffic, etc.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:38 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have a look at my report of the PEC delivery from back in late April early May....

Also, living in Miami myself, I can tell you there is always traffic and the drives are not very interesting... sorry..
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,014 Posts

You can read LCW's write up here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9322...-delivery.html
Old 08-30-2016, 08:21 PM
planet
Instructor

BTW, my sales associate has not been able to verify that Pebble Grey is on backorder. Perhaps because it's on back order for orders which have reached a certain point.

I was able to get the following (kinda crappy) screenshot of currently available color options. I hadn't seen anything approximating color swatches before, so this may be of interest to others, as well.

Plan A: Pebble Grey.
Plan B: Rhodium Silver.
Plan C: Chalk.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 PM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by Fjord
Racer: First, what a lovely car! Second, tell me/us more about Atlanta delivery, please? I am having mine delivered in Atlanta, but I am wondering about details--how long, the schedule, track time, if it was early in the day, etc. We are hoping to take its maiden (young man--not to be sexist) voyage to Key West, and then home to VA via I-81 and Skyline Drive. And we were wondering about schedule--primarily for getting through the Miami area avoiding rush hour traffic, etc.
I also would recommend LCW's thread. I can add that when we were there they did two deliveries and we were the afternoon session. There's a lot to go over, and it took the full afternoon, 12:30-6:00. All worth it though.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:44 AM
Fjord
Track Day

Thanks, everyone, for all the information and links!
Old 08-31-2016, 12:36 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

My build locks next week, so I'm getting excited. I'm pretty happy with this spec:
-911 Turbo, Guards Red, Leather Interior in Black
-Turbo Wheels with Painted Porsche Crest
-Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
-Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Heating & Ventilation
-Deviated Stitching (Guards Red) - Seats, Dashboard, Upper Door Panel, Rear Side Panel, Center Console Lid, Armrest, Door Handle
-Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Package, Porsche Crest on Headrests, Model Logo on Storage Compartment Lid
-Lane Change Assist, PLDS+ (auto high beams)
-Burmester Stereo
-Aerokit Turbo (Black)
-Glass Sunroof
-PORSCHE Logo and Model Designation Painted (Black)
-SportDesign Side Mirrors w/ Black Lower Trims, Painted Headlight Cleaning Covers, Dealer: Clear Side Markers instead of Amber

The red on black aerokit look isn't for everyone but I really like it. We have an SUV for snowy/salty/miserable days, but otherwise I'm expecting to drive this car year round. I'll pick it up in December with winter tires, rubber floor mats, and probably a full car wrap (Xpel/Suntek/3M).

Since I'm not a fan of centerlocks I didn't love any of the turbo wheel options, so next year I'll keep my eyes open for an aftermarket set. I like having a set for summer and a set for winter that I can swap in my garage.

Here's an exterior rendering - the configurator is fun to waste time in:
Old 08-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Default New C4S Order

Would like any feedback on build! December allocation; January arrival
GT Silver; headlamp cover painted
Carrera Classic Wheels with colored crest
Espresso/Cognac Natural Leather
18 way sport seats
Premium Plus
Sport Package
PDK
Power steering plus
Aluminum window trip
Glass roof panel
Adaptive cruise control; lane change assist
Extended leather throughout with special (non-configurator orders) contrast stitching, logo on storage; crests on headrests
Painted key
Leather trimmed contrast carpets
Aluminum gear shift, illuminated sills, and aluminum pedals
Bose

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!