Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 04:41 PM
dc208
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Great spec. Love GT Silver over black.
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 04:45 PM
dc208
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stil_1
Depending on if this was intentional, see if you really like Power Steering Plus. Some people hate it, some people are ok with it. It boosts the power steering at low speeds so you can drive with 1 finger in the parking lot, then switches to it's normal power levels after 20 or 30 mph.
Yep, intentional. I only drove cars that had it and didn't mind it...so for $270, I decided to just throw it into the build.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:51 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

New to Rennlist and have really enjoyed the site so far. First post so here goes...

I placed an order for a new C2S 991.2 a few weeks ago. My car will be built in July and is due to arrive in September. Configuration code is PH93NXH6. This will be my fifth 911 and all have been new builds and daily drivers. I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences driving the new car (nearly uniformly positive if not ecstatically so) and then seeing the various configurations and options people are choosing.

After some hesitation, I decided on a black car this time. I've had ocean blue, seal gray, atlas gray (my favorite color) and arctic silver in my other 911s. Although not my favorite color, black always looks really sharp when it is clean and I thought it would look particularly good with the espresso/cognac natural leather interior and a glass sunroof. I really wanted a color that would work well with the espresso/cognac leather, which I really liked iafter seeing several times on cars at my dealer.

I'm currently driving a C2 997.2 and I must say that I am a bit reluctant to give this car up. It is the perfect size in my mind, performs great with excellent torque in low gears and is just tremendously fun to drive. Like all of my previous 911s, the 997.2 has a MT which does really keep me engaged with the driving experience. Oh well, it is nearly 8 years old and has over 85,000 miles so time to move on. As P says, "Ever Ahead". After over 30 years driving sports cars with a manual, I've decided that I want to try the PDK. Definitely interested in thoughts or comments on my configuration.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:43 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Will someone refresh my memory...roughly how long is it between the time a VIN is generated until the car reaches Emden?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 09:26 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Norsk
Will someone refresh my memory...roughly how long is it between the time a VIN is generated until the car reaches Emden? Thanks!
Received my VIN on May 13 through the iPad delivery app...car delivered to Cincinnati Ohio on June 5....beat the original delivery of June 24....
Old 06-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Thanks, now the countdown begins
Old 06-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
. . . After some hesitation, I decided on a black car this time. . . . Although not my favorite color, black . . . I really wanted a color that would work well with the espresso/cognac leather . . .
IMHO, you're going to regret buying a black Porsche if, as you said, it's not your favorite color, and you are only choosing it "after some hesitation."

I'll be the first to admit that choosing a color isn't easy, particularly if you have a interior leather choice that you really want. Given your exterior color choices in the past, GT silver or Agate Grey would look best with espressso/cognac. Best, IMHO of course, would be Graphite Blue with espresso, sans the cognac.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:19 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

I feel satisfied with my decision to go for jet black metallic. I want to try something new and as I said when I see a black 911 on the road I always think how good it looks. The metallic flake should provide some interest and hopefully make the car easier to maintain than a flat black. I don't want another silver car since I just spent 8 years driving my arctic silver 997.2 and its time for something different. Not overly thrilled by agate gray or white. The only other color I would seriously consider would be sapphire blue. That is a stunning color but I want to get the espresso/cognac interior and that would not work with SB.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by PMAA
Received my VIN on May 13 through the iPad delivery app...car delivered to Cincinnati Ohio on June 5....beat the original delivery of June 24....
What is the IPad delivery app and how do I get it?
Old 06-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Itunes app store > porsche > vehicle delivery.
Also download Good to Know.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Itunes app store > porsche > vehicle delivery.
Also download Good to Know.
What does the app do? Would I be able to determine where my car is i.e. what boat and eta?

I did go to my MAC app. store but nothing for Porsche.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

http://Porsche Vehicle Delivery by P....re/us/WO4Q0.i

Hopefully the link works. It does not show shipping info, but you can tell when your commission number changes to a VIN so you know it is being assembled.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:54 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

http://Porsche Vehicle Delivery by P....re/us/WO4Q0.i

Hopefully the link works. It does not show shipping info, but you can tell when your commission number changes to a VIN so you know it is being assembled.
Thanks
Old 06-26-2016, 05:22 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 319 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
I feel satisfied with my decision to go for jet black metallic. I want to try something new and as I said when I see a black 911 on the road I always think how good it looks. The metallic flake should provide some interest and hopefully make the car easier to maintain than a flat black. I don't want another silver car since I just spent 8 years driving my arctic silver 997.2 and its time for something different. Not overly thrilled by agate gray or white. The only other color I would seriously consider would be sapphire blue. That is a stunning color but I want to get the espresso/cognac interior and that would not work with SB.
Nightblue metallic works VERY well with espresso/cognac
Old 06-26-2016, 03:17 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Yes, I have been thinking about night blue some recently and I have a few more days to make a final decision. However, I don't want to give the wrong impression. I think I will really like jet black metallic; it will just be a new color and experience for me. I really like how the car looks on the configurator with the black exterior, espresso cognac interior and glass sunroof.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!