Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 04:21 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Forgot to mention that you tell them to NOT detail it, just remove the plastic protection and leave it alone, with my PPF installer told me to do (even though that is what I always do anyway).
Old 10-24-2018, 09:37 PM
cgardnerma
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi folks. Late to thread, but my Thanksgiving present is on the boat. I locked in a build on 9/15 and it should be at my dealer on 11/23 if not earlier. Seems to be running early across the board. My dealer says it was the quickest turnaround he's ever seen. He didn't even have an allocation when I started but he wheeled and dealed around the country and swapped for an allocation later to get it in even earlier. I have no idea how all that works, but pretty cool!
Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug

I would check every option on the order and then check every inch for any damage before I sign anything.

After the car is completed at factory its driven by many many ppl and goes through a lot. It waits at port in the open, gets loaded on a ship gets off, waits at port, gets transported on an open truck, gets to dealer prep warehouse, gets prepared and driven to showroom, driven by many ppl moving it around, left in the open a lot. They don’t care or feel the same as us, for them its like cattle for a rancher. We see it at a dealer and feel like it just came out of factory.

Just yesterday I was at the dealer warehouse where they prep the cars for delivery (Porsche/Mercedes/jaguar/Range Rover), check it out if you get a chance.

We will be like the 10-15th person driving it

i have found stone chips on cars at delivery and even damage to the leather. So worth spending the time before signing the paperwork.
Appreciate the feed back... so any tips on keeping a level head? Or maybe I should just take my wife 😳.

Owners of ordered cars how did you feel on arrival to the dealer on the day of pick up? I’ve been waiting the best part of 2018 and I can’t wait to get behind the wheel 😁
Old 10-25-2018, 12:48 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Make a list of to does and follow the list, that way you wont miss anything.
you havent bought the car until you sign the papers. So always be sure everything is in order.
if they offer extras, think about it hard and you can always say let think about it and get back to you in a week or so.
there is nothing extra that you need to buy that day and everything is negotiable.

definetly take the wife for the experience

take your time adjusting the seat, mirrors and steering. Adjust what ever you need to di before you get it off the lot.
last thing you need to do is figdet with PCM settings etc. while driving a new car, get distracted and make a mistake.
take your time. Service advisors are more knowledgeable than SAs.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 AM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by good2go
Just hurry and get your car unloaded so they can get to Houston and unload my car. <smile/>
No worries Mate. The 911 GTS was unloaded immediately, and the ship left Davisville that afternoon. Your car will be there faster than you can imagine.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:24 AM
GTS01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

As a first time Porsche buyer I would also appreciate any pick up advice. I’ve already booked it in to a shop for PPF and tint. But I’m more looking for advice on the Porsche pickup.

What should I expect? I’ve bought a couple of new Audi’s before and have some experience of the usual finance spiel, warranties, service plans. What is Porsche likely to offer? Is it something that can be reviewed pre pickup? If not are any of the offered plans worth considering?

Last of all what about the car itself? Do buyers typically scrutinize the car prior to leaving the lot? How long do I have and what’s likely to happen when I arrive? If I leave the lot and then notice some body damage or paint imperfection do I have any recourse? Maybe I am over stressing but it’s a lot of money and who knows what can happen in transit.

Right now I am a rational adult but I just know when I arrive at the dealer I’m going to be like a kid who can’t wait to try out the new toy.

Thanks in advance
Chances are you will encounter no issues with your new Porsche. They are fanatics at the factory, and if you are working with a fanatical Porsche ambassador, he/she will take care of you because they want you back and ultimately your car back when you decide to move to another Porsche variant or model. I have had several cars shipped to the US with no damage issues whatsoever.

Yes, buying a Porsche can be like buying a house. Given the potential to spend hundreds of thousands on a Porsche, it can be the equivalent.

My 911 GTS AWS is going directly to the warehouse for PPF and ceramic coatings. I am more uneasy about the removal of the front and rear bumpers, headlamps, etc. for film application than shipment issues. My Porsche dealer has Mercedes bring over their new cars for PPF, so they must be doing something right.

All will go well. Enjoy your pick up day!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:11 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Hey guys what is V Status 0100? I was V332...

Does that mean my car is in Port in Halifax?
Old 10-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Hey guys what is V Status 0100? I was V332...

Does that mean my car is in Port in Halifax?
My tracking sheet shows U004 (Entry Port Jacksonville) after V332 - not sure what your code means but your SA will.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM
GTS01
Intermediate

The wait is over. The 911 GTS AWS was delivered in 2 days! These are picks of it having PPF applied. Three coats of ceramic will follow. I should have it by Thursday next week.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:32 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by GTS01
The wait is over. The 911 GTS AWS was delivered in 2 days! These are picks of it having PPF applied. Three coats of ceramic will follow. I should have it by Thursday next week.

What is AWS? Auto Weight Sensing?

Why does one want AWS?

I use to be a tech guy, AWS was Amazon Web Services.

Your car looks great.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:49 PM
GTS01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by good2go
What is AWS? Auto Weight Sensing?

Why does one want AWS?

I use to be a tech guy, AWS was Amazon Web Services.

Your car looks great.
Thanks! I love the black highlights with the GT Silver Metallic.

All Wheel Steering (AWS). I have the AWS and torque vectoring. It's going to eat corners. This active rear-axle steering makes carving sharp hairpins effortless. The rear wheels turn slightly in place in relation to your speed and the angle of the front wheels. At low speeds, the rear steers to the opposite of the front, virtually shortening the wheelbase and making the turning radius shorter. At high speeds, the rear wheels mirror the front, giving the car the stability of an extended wheelbase.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Its callled RAS - Rear Axle Steering
Old 10-26-2018, 03:16 PM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Its callled RAS - Rear Axle Steering
that’s what I thought it was referred to.

Thanks now I know what your referring to.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:31 AM
GoKuA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

My GTS is on the Fremantle Highway, just left Charleston and heading to the Panama Canal. Then it needs to motor up the Pacific coast to NorCal port of Benicia... not sure if it has a stop off in SoCal?

Anyone else on the Fremantle?
My GT3 is on Fremantle Highway as well. I've been tracking it through a 3rd party vessel tracker website and the latest says it will arrive in San Diego on 1/3/19. It has to be a typo perhaps it meant 10/31?
Old 10-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Just got word my Targa GTS left Emden on 10/25 so maybe it will arrive sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!