Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Just got a call from my dealer - they have pulled my car ahead and it will be built in July, rather than late September! I wonder if Porsche is going to build all of them in July? It would probably make sense for them to do so. I had Alexandria, from PCNA holding on the phone with my dealer awaiting my approval! Deal is done and the options are now "locked"!!! This was great news and truly made my day!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:40 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark FM
Just got a call from my dealer - they have pulled my car ahead and it will be built in July, rather than late September! I wonder if Porsche is going to build all of them in July? It would probably make sense for them to do so. I had Alexandria, from PCNA holding on the phone with my dealer awaiting my approval! Deal is done and the options are now "locked"!!! This was great news and truly made my day!!!
Awesome Mark - congratulations!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:28 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

My build finalized on Friday. It took a bit of effort and persistence and patience and help but it's ultimately to my spec and I'm excited about it. Now I just need to be patient for the July build and then September ED at Zuffenhausen.

Thanks to the RL community for help with PSP and PASM sport. And the extended Club Coupe package, come to think of it. If you're keeping score at home, I ended up with PASM Sport and without PSP. And, of course, with the Extended Club Coupe package.

I'm grateful to the folks at PCNA and PCA who helped get my build finalized. It sounds like it hasn't been a routine process.

All the best,

Last edited by mathfuzzy; 05-26-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks JD for all the hard work, as I can just order all your options and they cannot say No.

Looking forward to your ED report and pictures.

I likely am unable to do ED as my dealer said if ED is during winter, they have to mount snow tires onto the car for it to be road legal.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:31 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Thanks JD for all the hard work, as I can just order all your options and they cannot say No.

I likely am unable to do ED as my dealer said if ED is during winter, they have to mount snow tires onto the car for it to be road legal.

I got a disappointing call on Friday afternoon. I was offered the special ED in September, which meant I would need to commit within an hours' timeframe. Unfortunately, I couldn't line everything up, and had to let it pass. I only needed 48 hours to rearrange Labor Day obligations.

So, back to my original plan. Car build is still October 9, and I am doing ED this winter in Leipzig. The snow tires are loaned to you for 2 weeks. Trying for an early November pickup. Rebekah will have November dates in early June.

JD, you are right, our cars are almost identical. PGGTFCD7

Last edited by JAM2; 05-27-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Well Tim, I'd love to take credit for doing hard work, but it's been more of just working through a process that's quite different from the normal dealer ordering process. It's old school emailing between dealers and PCNA, and I think it unsettled my dealer a little.

I was concerned about hearing "no" to some options that I wanted, but in fact I think there has been little or no rejecting of options that are otherwise available on the normal RWD GTS.

In any case, I'm locked and settling in for the wait. And VERY happy for you!
Old 05-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Porsche loans you the winter wheels/tires, then when the car gets shipped back, Porsche puts your original wheels/tires back on.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:09 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Joe and Todd - thanks for the winter tires advise!

JD - thanks, I'm also very happy for myself...
Old 05-30-2015, 11:26 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the build schedule for my CC. Originally, my LOCK date was 21 July, with a build date in September. The dealer just informed me of the updated build schedule. It will enter the body shop on 26 June, with build COMPLETION on 10 July. Delivery will be made 28 August. Not sure why shipping takes so long, but that is the current schedule. I was surprised by the detail. Anyway, it seems they are completely re-thinking how they are going to build these cars. I heard that they have a special area where they will pull the CC's off the line and basically hand build them. Pretty cool. Anyway, my schedule update was a great surprise.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New production schedule!

Congratulations Mike! Definitely a happy day when you find out that you will be receiving your Club Coupe 2 months earlier than expected! Now, quit second-guessing your options and rest assured that it will be perfect just as you specified!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:15 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I just got the build schedule for my CC. Originally, my LOCK date was 21 July, with a build date in September. The dealer just informed me of the updated build schedule. It will enter the body shop on 26 June, with build COMPLETION on 10 July. Delivery will be made 28 August. Not sure why shipping takes so long, but that is the current schedule. I was surprised by the detail. Anyway, it seems they are completely re-thinking how they are going to build these cars. I heard that they have a special area where they will pull the CC's off the line and basically hand build them. Pretty cool. Anyway, my schedule update was a great surprise.
Nice Mike. You'll have yours before I have mine.

Any other RLers taking part in the September 1st ED?
Old 05-31-2015, 12:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Anyway, it seems they are completely re-thinking how they are going to build these cars. I heard that they have a special area where they will pull the CC's off the line and basically hand build them. Pretty cool.
Here is what is expected to happen to your car. They will install some of the exclusive options particular to just the 'Club Coupe' after series production in a location right behind the 'European Delivery'/'Homeland Delivery' area at Zuffenhausen.

That is what is done with all 'rare' options that are not normally fitted in series production line. And indeed it's all done by hand by expert technicians. That is one of the reasons why some 'Porsche Exclusive' options are so expensive...and sometimes also a bargain! For example, you order headlight washer nozzles in a deviating color (Option CGU). Yet Porsche doesn't put that special colored nozzle in series production. Instead, you get the chrome ones as your car is going down the production line. Afterwards, the car is driven to this special area. The front bumper is removed, the chrome nozzles are tossed and the deviating color nozzles are installed. Then bumper is put back on! This option costs only $295. And I bet Porsche is losing money on each of these CGU options they sell...like the ones I ordered on my old 987 Spyder!

But if you feel better thinking your entire car is 'hand build' just because it's a CC, go ahead!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-31-2015, 06:58 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Congratulations Mike! Definitely a happy day when you find out that you will be receiving your Club Coupe 2 months earlier than expected! Now, quit second-guessing your options and rest assured that it will be perfect just as you specified!!!
Thanks. No more thinking about "what if" scenarios on options. Now I just need to reboot, relative to expectations.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:07 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by Z356
Here is what is expected to happen to your car. They will install some of the exclusive options particular to just the 'Club Coupe' after series production in a location right behind the 'European Delivery'/'Homeland Delivery' area at Zuffenhausen.

That is what is done with all 'rare' options that are not normally fitted in series production line. And indeed it's all done by hand by expert technicians. That is one of the reasons why some 'Porsche Exclusive' options are so expensive...and sometimes also a bargain! For example, you order headlight washer nozzles in a deviating color (Option CGU). Yet Porsche doesn't put that special colored nozzle in series production. Instead, you get the chrome ones as your car is going down the production line. Afterwards, the car is driven to this special area. The front bumper is removed, the chrome nozzles are tossed and the deviating color nozzles are installed. Then bumper is put back on! This option costs only $295. And I bet Porsche is losing money on each of these CGU options they sell...like the ones I ordered on my old 987 Spyder!

But if you feel better thinking your entire car is 'hand build' just because it's a CC, go ahead!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Yes, I didn't mean to imply the car would be completely hand built. Bad wording on my part. The dealer just returned from a meeting at the factory and saw the area that is designated for the CC's where the "unique" items will be installed/added. On my build summary, it notes, among other dates:

"Vehicle entry to body shop: 6/26/2015"
"Vehicle exit production: 7/03/2015"
"Vehicle entry to CT-assembly (only CT vehicles): 7/03/2015"
"Vehicle exit of CT-assembly (only CT vehicles): 7/10/15"
"Vehicle completion: 7/10/2015"

This means that it will be built, then enter the special area and stay there for 7 days, and then finished. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:59 PM
dhud
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Floor Mats

This may be obvious to some but I thought I would share just in case. In optioning my CC, I did choose the "Extended GTS Club Coupe Package" which of course comes with "...leather-edged floor mats with two-tone stitching." In reading the specs, the car comes standard with the "GTS Interior Package" which according to the configurator includes, "...floor mats edged in black with stitching and "PORSCHE" logo in contrasting color." I like to think I'm detail oriented but my dealer calls it **** retentive. Either way, I wanted to know do we get both sets of floor mats? My dealer emailed PCNA and they confirmed we do get both sets of mats. Just in case any of you were wondering.

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...