Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015 | 08:10 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leader
If you think YOU'RE unhappy, consider what might happen if the rules now suddenly changed. I predict a 100% chance of ****storms.

PCA should be communicating, though. Too busy is never a good excuse.
Perhaps they have all been spoken for? Hence the reason for no communication?

All of those who received notification that they were chosen never received another notification email again. We only know how many CCs were left because of people in this forum...

Still finalizing my order! December can't come fast enough.
Old 05-10-2015 | 08:31 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Default Options?

Could those who have finalized their orders post their options? It would also be helpful to list what options you wanted, but we're not allowed to order. Many thanks!

Mark
Old 05-10-2015 | 08:52 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark FM
Could those who have finalized their orders post their options? It would also be helpful to list what options you wanted, but we're not allowed to order. Many thanks!

Mark
Mark - still finalizing mine and the process is a little "old school" because of the low production nature of the car. As soon as my configuration is finalized / approved, I'll share.

In the meantime, if you're curious, I've posted in my signature a link to the closest approximation using the standard configuration tool that I can achieve. The highlights are: PASM Sport, 7MT, Burmester, 18-way seats, premium package plus, glass sunroof, park assist with camera and rear wiper.

With respect to the process and communication, I'm quite sure there's an expiation besides "too busy." Having met the several members of the executive committee, none of this is sloth and nobody is mailing it in. Having said that, as I've said above, I'm sure everybody involved is looking forward to (if it's not, as Jam notes, already the case) the final buyers being identified.

As an aside, thanks to my dealer I drove a 991 C2 glass roof coupe with PASM Sport yesterday. I was a little worried about the mechanically stiffer suspension being too stiff for comfort. Nope. At least for my driving tastes, it's perfect. It was my first drive in a 991 as well, which was just great. Funny to go from a long morning drive in my 993 and hop in to a 991; amazing what can happen in 18 years of development!
Old 05-10-2015 | 09:00 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

This is how my car is currently configured:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGGTFCD7

I did add the car cover and extended Club Coupe options.

I am on the fence about the following options: a) the painted lower mirror in black, b) rear wiper, and c) power steering plus. C will probably not make it given feedback in a separate forum. I will drive one this week to confirm.
Old 05-10-2015 | 09:08 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Default Options

Thanks JD! I currently have a 997 GT3 RS and a 991 Cab. My spec's will be similar to yours - minus the sunroof. I have put more miles on my 991 Cab than any of the 8 Porsche's that I have owned - it is a car you just want to drive - all the time! The Burmester stereo is truly the best I have heard in a car, you will not be disappointed! My problem will be giving up my Cab to purchase the GTS!!! Anyone want a pristine, highly optioned white/red 991 Cab with PDK???

Mark
Old 05-10-2015 | 09:39 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark FM
Thanks JD! I currently have a 997 GT3 RS and a 991 Cab. My spec's will be similar to yours - minus the sunroof. I have put more miles on my 991 Cab than any of the 8 Porsche's that I have owned - it is a car you just want to drive - all the time! The Burmester stereo is truly the best I have heard in a car, you will not be disappointed! My problem will be giving up my Cab to purchase the GTS!!! Anyone want a pristine, highly optioned white/red 991 Cab with PDK???

Mark
I miss my 997.2. The 993 is a really nice driving experience and very involved. But I miss my 997. The GTS CC is going to obliterate that itch.

I went back and forth about the sunroof. I like the idea of the purity of a non-sunroof car, but unless it's raining, a sunroof is usually the first thing I open and the last thing I close when I drive a car.

Oh, and to your question, none of the options I've requested has been rejected. But it ain't over yet. My magic date is 5/22.
Old 05-10-2015 | 10:36 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Not finalized but nothing rejected so far: Options/configuration - manual shift, no sunroof, 18 way seats, premium package, LED headlights, Bose and paint me a key (CPK) as well as car cover. No extended CC option as I'll probably put the OEM floor mats in a bag and toss in some other mats for day to day use.
Old 05-10-2015 | 10:45 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mtgabois
Not finalized but nothing rejected so far: Options/configuration - manual shift, no sunroof, 18 way seats, premium package, LED headlights, Bose and paint me a key (CPK) as well as car cover. No extended CC option as I'll probably put the OEM floor mats in a bag and toss in some other mats for day to day use.
I wasn't going to add the extended CC pkg. However, I thought that having the original floor mats with the deviated 2 tone stitching, the manual leather shifter with 2 tone stitching and the stitched leather key pouch, added to the "specialness" of the car. This is the first time that a 2 tone deviated stitching was approved from PAG for use.

Since you are planing on going with the painted key, give it a nice, luxurious, leather home. Like you, I plan to put the mats in a bag and will use them for events, and will purchase an everyday mat.
Old 05-10-2015 | 11:09 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAM2
I wasn't going to add the extended CC pkg. However, I thought that having the original floor mats with the deviated 2 tone stitching, the manual leather shifter with 2 tone stitching and the stitched leather key pouch, added to the "specialness" of the car. This is the first time that a 2 tone deviated stitching was approved from PAG for use. Since you are planing on going with the painted key, give it a nice, luxurious, leather home. Like you, I plan to put the mats in a bag and will use them for events, and will purchase an everyday mat.
I forgot - I also opted for the indoor cover, but passed on the extended interior package. That was the line that I drew.

Jam, are you sure there's a unique shift **** for MT? All of the material I read only references a unique shift **** for the PDK. It stands to reason that it would apply to MT cars as well, but i couldn't find a reference confirming it to be the case.
Old 05-10-2015 | 11:17 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I forgot - I also opted for the indoor cover, but passed on the extended interior package. That was the line that I drew.

Jam, are you sure there's a unique shift **** for MT? All of the material I read only references a unique shift **** for the PDK. It stands to reason that it would apply to MT cars as well, but i couldn't find a reference confirming it to be the case.
JD,

I haven't seen any pictures, but in the powerpoint presentation that the dealer reviewed, the Optional Extended GTS Club Coupe Package (CJM) includes:
-Gear lever leather with 2 tone stitching in Carmine Red and blue OR PDK gear selector in aluminum
-Leather key pouch with 2 tone (there is a picture floating around on page 24)
-Personalized floor mats with leather edging and 2 tone stitching in CR and blue
-Painted key

Hence the reason I selected it....

Let me see if I can get a picture.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:02 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

I wasn't going to add the extended CC pkg. However, I thought that having the original floor mats with the deviated 2 tone stitching, the manual leather shifter with 2 tone stitching and the stitched leather key pouch, added to the "specialness" of the car. This is the first time that a 2 tone deviated stitching was approved from PAG for use.

Since you are planing on going with the painted key, give it a nice, luxurious, leather home. Like you, I plan to put the mats in a bag and will use them for events, and will purchase an everyday mat.
and in the future, any " special " model buyers , who tend to be very choosy , will be looking for the presumed " not important " things that were unique to the 60 CC and those cars will sell quicker and at a higher price ...the first thing those buyers will ask is obviously " does it have a 6MT " but secondly will be " does it have the extended CC pkg " and thirdly, if it has the special ridiculously expensive car cover in its unopened wrapping assuming it was not spec'd with the first owners name or initials but a more generic moniker like " PCA 60 Club Coupe " the buyer will be on the next plane , LOL!
in other words, you have to order this car for yourself and the next buyer , because it is a very limited run made more so by the fact that your name had to be picked from a drum , not by your past buying hx or being an unofficial brand ambassador like Seinfeld.

for instance, only 10% of 2004 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradales were ordered with the then internet ridiculed " tacky muscle car " stripe in the US...now these 30 cars fitted with the oem factory stripe ( aftermarket one doesnt add any value ) sell for $20-50 K more and much faster than the 270 without it. This is the number one item looked for , not car color , interior spec , etc.

Last edited by MKW; 05-11-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2015 | 11:42 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

JD,

I haven't seen any pictures, but in the powerpoint presentation that the dealer reviewed, the Optional Extended GTS Club Coupe Package (CJM) includes:
-Gear lever leather with 2 tone stitching in Carmine Red and blue OR PDK gear selector in aluminum
-Leather key pouch with 2 tone (there is a picture floating around on page 24)
-Personalized floor mats with leather edging and 2 tone stitching in CR and blue
-Painted key

Hence the reason I selected it....

Let me see if I can get a picture.
Thanks JAM.

And MKW.

I think the only thing that I'm getting for the next buyer (hopefully an event that happens a very long time from now) is the extended interior package. Disregard my comment from several pages up. I just crossed this line and asked my dealer to add it to my build.

Appreciate the input.

This car is starting to seem analogous to sex as a teenager. I can't wait to stop thinking about it and talking about it and to actually start having it.
Old 05-11-2015 | 01:43 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Thanks JAM.

And MKW.

I think the only thing that I'm getting for the next buyer (hopefully an event that happens a very long time from now) is the extended interior package. Disregard my comment from several pages up. I just crossed this line and asked my dealer to add it to my build.

Appreciate the input.

This car is starting to seem analogous to sex as a teenager. I can't wait to stop thinking about it and talking about it and to actually start having it.
JD,

It is prom season! It will be a pretty hot date.
Old 05-11-2015 | 01:56 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

I emailed Vu this morning and it is not over yet, his response was the following:

More announcements today!

Vu
Old 05-11-2015 | 02:20 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Official

Hi all,

We would have been sold out, but we had three individuals back out of purchasing a Club Coupe recently. So at this moment we have three Club Coupes that remain unclaimed for purchase.

I did conduct two rounds of winner selections last week. Announcements were made on Monday and Wednesday. This week I'll shoot for three rounds if needed.

Make sure to stay close to your phone and emails this week, as you'll only have 48 hours to confirm your intent to purchase.

Have a great week and good luck!
Vu

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...