Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last post was meant for “dmia”
Old 11-18-2017, 10:41 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by c615586
When you say project, do you mean DIY? This would be something I might want to take a shot at as a winter project, but I'm not sure about the complexity.
Not the paint part, but the bumper is possible in qualified hands. If you’re having a body shop paint anyway, have them install too. They need the car and bumper to be able to match the paint anyway. I would tell them to get it right and not paint adjoining panels in order to blend it in.

Our forum buddy Plenum has posted many videos about DIY projects including taking off bumpers.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:26 PM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

deleted - posted in wrong thread
Old 11-20-2017, 11:12 AM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks like a pretty clean 56K mile car, well optioned- aerokit, burmeister, PDK:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132399091800?ul_noapp=true
Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
This looks like a pretty clean 56K mile car, well optioned- aerokit, burmeister, PDK:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132399091800?ul_noapp=true

2013 C2S Aerokit Cup
VIN: WP0AB2A95DS122516
Mileage: 56,337
MSRP: $133,100.00
Asking: ??

Will be interesting to see what the reserve is.

Attachment 1271425

Attachment 1271424

Attachment 1271423

Attachment 1271426
Old 11-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 606 Posts

it sure is a pretty car.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Here is a manual 4S cab with lots of goodies and low miles but is overpriced, especially with not being a CPO. It is in New Jersey and we are getting into the winter so maybe they will realize that they will have to cut the price to sell it.

https://www.fckerbeckcadillacs.com/2...no_display=!1&
Old 11-21-2017, 10:25 AM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry991
Here is a manual 4S cab with lots of goodies and low miles but is overpriced, especially with not being a CPO. It is in New Jersey and we are getting into the winter so maybe they will realize that they will have to cut the price to sell it.

https://www.fckerbeckcadillacs.com/2...no_display=!1&
This should not be in this thread with that asking... and does it have a hole on the back seat?
Old 11-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Fnfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry991

https://www.fckerbeckcadillacs.com/2014-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-7-speed-manual-c-6514.htm?make=Porsche&type=Used&sold=Available&no_display=!1&
This car is priced at least $10K too high.
Asking: $94,880
MSRP: $138K
WP0CB2A99ES155268

Low miles, manual, PSE, SC, full leather are all nice options. It looks pretty good from the pictures. I would say they had child seats in the back, hence the indents.

A reasonable price would be between $80-85K, in my humble opinion.

P.S. I'd love to post the build sheet and a picture, but somehow I can't. The 'manage attachment' option is gone. Anybody have the same problem?

Last edited by Fnfer; 11-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Fnfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WP0CB2A99ES155268

Found where the 'attachment' option went. Looks like a SW update to the portal SW. Seems easier than before, once you figure out where it went.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I said it was overpriced but they are a non-Porsche high end dealer and I am giving an educated guess that they won't want to sit on it over the winter.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:25 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just want to let everyone know that I'm having a terrible experience with Carmax due to necessary repairs they will not own up to for some reason. One day car ready, one day not ready, one day cannot locate the vehicle, one day still waiting on authorizing the repair. Car has been at the location for 12 days and been sitting at Porsche for 9 days awaiting authorization.

Was informed yesterday that the vehicle would be ready for purchase today. Shortly after the call, Porsche dealer called me and told me the vehicle is being picked up by Carmax but Carmax decided not to address the overheating issue (coolant tank, and sensor). Was going to make the purchase today anyway and take it straight back to Porsche for a warranty claim. Just got called by the salesman and he told me the vehicle is not ready again and he can't find it. It was supposed to be in the front lot.

Everyone I've dealt with at the location and corporate line just gives you the "I'm so sorry to hear that" line but nothing gets done. Service manager not returning messages.

This is most likely the last time I will deal with a place like Carmax for this caliber vehicle. Not that I or anyone deserves special treatment, but people deserve to be treated with respect and given straight forward answers. Not every customer is a low income/bad credit trying to buy an ex fleet vehicle. These guys just can't get things done. There's always a mysterious "higher up" they need permission from.

/end rant.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
Just want to let everyone know that I'm having a terrible experience with Carmax due to necessary repairs they will not own up to for some reason. One day car ready, one day not ready, one day cannot locate the vehicle, one day still waiting on authorizing the repair. Car has been at the location for 12 days and been sitting at Porsche for 9 days awaiting authorization.

Was informed yesterday that the vehicle would be ready for purchase today. Shortly after the call, Porsche dealer called me and told me the vehicle is being picked up by Carmax but Carmax decided not to address the overheating issue (coolant tank, and sensor). Was going to make the purchase today anyway and take it straight back to Porsche for a warranty claim. Just got called by the salesman and he told me the vehicle is not ready again and he can't find it. It was supposed to be in the front lot.

Everyone I've dealt with at the location and corporate line just gives you the "I'm so sorry to hear that" line but nothing gets done. Service manager not returning messages.

This is most likely the last time I will deal with a place like Carmax for this caliber vehicle. Not that I or anyone deserves special treatment, but people deserve to be treated with respect and given straight forward answers. Not every customer is a low income/bad credit trying to buy an ex fleet vehicle. These guys just can't get things done. There's always a mysterious "higher up" they need permission from.

/end rant.
This is a car you haven't bought yet? I would pass and keep looking. Too much drama.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default Car Dealer = crook

Does not matter of its carfax or Porsche dealer they are all slimy bastards.

/end rant.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:45 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

...I'm having a terrible experience with Carmax ...Porsche dealer called me and told me the vehicle is being picked up by Carmax but Carmax decided not to address the overheating issue (coolant tank, and sensor)...can't find it.

This is most likely the last time I will deal with a place like Carmax for this caliber vehicle.
They have their process, and most, if not all, employee's are not really empowered to fix thing. It in fact might be a different department you are dealing with and a different set of procedures for 'warranty, post sale' repairs than 'pre-sale, fix it so it is sales-worthy'.

Perfect example was the Lime Gold 911 that clearly needed a price adjustment to get sold, but instead it just got shipped from one corner of the country to another. But perhaps they were right after all, as it seems to have sold without any further price reductions.

Understand that Carmax is all about unemotional transactions, on their side as much as the buyers. They could care less if you buy the car or not, someone else will if you don't. No negotiating, buy it on there terms or not.

I'll also point out that as the Porsche dealer is now directly involved directly with Carmax for some repairs, it is extremely unlikely that the non-Porsche dealer transaction wouldn't be noticed at some point and any Porsche CPO warranty will get voided if you try and use it...

Last edited by pfbz; 11-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991