Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:03 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
Been following this thread for some time but am unsure on the answer to this - am I allowed to list my 991.1 for sale in this thread? Would appreciate input on pricing and would love to see it go to a RL member. Cheers.

Since you have been a long time guy here and I recall you, show us what you have and are thinking.

Not that we want any Joe posting here, but for guys we know it's fine. Can help a seller out and a potential buyer help avoid a dealer transaction and mark up.

After all, you have a passion for HFS. Now for Hurricane, hmmmmm??? Threw me under the bus

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9304...rists-win.html

One dark time for HFS when the terrorists (drama queen trolls) tried to bring us down. Didn't work
Old 07-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

One dark time for HFS when the terrorists (drama queen trolls) tried to bring us down. Didn't work

+1
Thank You STG!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 702 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Since you have been a long time guy here and I recall you, show us what you have and are thinking.

Not that we want any Joe posting here, but for guys we know it's fine. Can help a seller out and a potential buyer help avoid a dealer transaction and mark up.

After all, you have a passion for HFS. Now for Hurricane, hmmmmm??? Threw me under the bus

What the heck did I do?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:29 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hurricane
What the heck did I do?

LOL ...

Called passion Forgot all about that thread until Bents posted.

Attachment 1184796

Hurricane, you must have a HFS alarm go off every time you're mentioned!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts

Nice, thanks mate.

2012.5 991 S Coupe, PDK
VIN: WP0AB2A90CS120915
17K miles
Porsche CPO until August, 2018
Clean CarFax, no accidents or stories during my ownership either. One previous owner, although it lived with a dealer for some time before I bought it.

Updates to the build sheet include:

- Previous owner had the SportDesign wheels powder-coated black, as you'll see in the photos. The paint on the wheels is excellent - looks OEM - and there are no chips, marks, or curbing. The car is on almost new Michelin PSS.

- I had the Sport steering wheel (leather) installed by a dealer, with flappy
paddles

- I added the S-PASM front lip, and spacers (7mm and 14mm) with longer lugs.

- Car has been professionally paint-corrected, and is covered with 22ple VX Pro Glass Coating. It also has clear film starting behind the front wheel arches, going along the door sill, and up the chip-prone area in-front of the rear wheels. The paint is in outstanding condition, no dings or marks of any kind. Interior shows as new, too. Car has been garaged during the time I've owned it (and appears that it was it's whole life, but I can't personally vouch for that). Car has done 1-track day, which was (3) 15 minute sessions.

- All service up-to-date (by both time and mileage), with the 4-year service completed in March of this year. I did some of it myself and had the dealer do the plugs and give it a general look-over. I have all records and receipts in a binder.

I've posted the few photos I have at the moment, but can shoot more detailed ones this weekend including of specific areas if requested. Not sure what else to add, but will likely think of something!

Looking for high $70Ks, as close to $80K as possible. No rush to sell at all, but open to input on pricing if I'm being unreasonable. Would love to see the car go to a fellow enthusiast.

Edit 1: Forgot to add, car is located in Washington, DC. Obviously open to PPI.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by STG
LOL ...

Called passion Forgot all about that thread until Bents posted.

Attachment 1184796

Hurricane, you must have a HFS alarm go off every time you're mentioned!!!
It's like the bat signal!

Oh, and I was just trying to be the voice of reason there, to get the thread re-opened!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Nice, thanks mate.

2012.5 991 S Coupe, PDK
17K miles
Porsche CPO until August, 2018
Clean CarFax, no accidents or stories during my ownership either. One previous owner, although it lived with a dealer for some time before I bought it.

Updates to the build sheet include:

- Previous owner had the SportDesign wheels powder-coated black, as you'll see in the photos. The paint on the wheels is excellent - looks OEM - and there are no chips, marks, or curbing. The car is on almost new Michelin PSS.

- I had the Sport steering wheel (leather) installed by a dealer, with flappy
paddles

- I added the S-PASM front lip

- Car has been professionally paint-corrected, and is covered with 22ple VX Pro Glass Coating. It also has clear film starting behind the front wheel arches, going along the door sill, and up the chip-prone area in-front of the rear wheels. The paint is in outstanding condition, no dings or marks of any kind. Interior shows as new, too. Car has been garaged during the time I've owned it (and appears that it was it's whole life, but I can't personally vouch for that). Car has done 1-track day, which was (3) 15 minute sessions.

- All service up-to-date (by both time and mileage), with the 4-year service completed in March of this year. I did some of it myself and had the dealer do the plugs and give it a general look-over. I have all records and receipts in a binder.

I've posted the few photos I have at the moment, but can shoot more detailed ones this weekend including of specific areas if requested. Not sure what else to add, but will likely think of something!

Looking for high $70Ks, as close to $80K as possible. No rush to sell at all, but open to input on pricing if I'm being unreasonable. Would love to see the car go to a fellow enthusiast.

Edit 1: Forgot to add, car is located in Washington, DC. Obviously open to PPI.

Nice car! GLWS! You are local to me - I will see if any of the folks I know are looking to move to a 991 from a 997...I think some were thinking about it.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:38 AM
STG
Race Director

It's like the bat signal!

Oh, and I was just trying to be the voice of reason there, to get the thread re-opened!

Attachment 1184799

Attachment 1184800

Attachment 1184801
Old 07-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Nice car! GLWS! You are local to me - I will see if any of the folks I know are looking to move to a 991 from a 997...I think some were thinking about it.
Thanks, much appreciated!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:46 AM
STG
Race Director

Attachment 1184802

Attachment 1184803

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lijYIv5pULk&sns=em
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
Well, my comment above was about the MSRP on the convertible.

I treat being-convertible mostly as an option, an option with low resell value.

Head over to the German CPO site. You can clearly see that the Germans put a lot more weight on the age of the car, Americans on the miles. It is a bit cultural. Following that you could conclude that the truth is somewhere in the middle, which means you get a better deal (wrt reliability and wear vs price) by going against whatever your country's bias is. If you want to go for quick resale later you go with the trend instead. Of course the above also means that you cannot avoid bad resale in the US when you put on lots of miles yourself, whereas no matter how much of a garage queen you make of your German Porsche the value evaporates.
Maybe it depends on how long the initial warranty is in Germany? I tried finding info in the web but could not see if it is the same as our 4 year/50K miles. I did find that the European CPO has been extended to cars up to 15 years old. I think we are still at 10?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:19 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,857 Likes on 1,523 Posts

2012.5 991 S Coupe, PDK
17K miles

Looking for high $70Ks, as close to $80K as possible.
open to input on pricing if I'm being unreasonable.
Looks like a nice car, obviously well taken care of. Essentially a low mile first year 991 PDK S, lightly optioned.

Honestly high $70's seems full market plus plus plus...

For example, on the Porsche locator, there are three cars that match the following criteria:
  • 2012.5 991 Carrera S
  • PDK
  • Under 20K mles
  • Full, fresh CPO warranty!

Prices range from $69K to $76K, and again, these are dealer cars with a fresh CPO warranty. Original stickers ranging from $110K to $121K.

I would think low to mid $70's more realistic for the car, and even at that price point you'd be competing against dealer cars at the same money with fresh CPO warranties.

I think the low priced herb chambers car might be a 'ghost', a sold car that still shows up on the Porsche locator site, but the others are active cars?

Last edited by pfbz; 07-11-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz
Looks like a nice car, obviously well taken care of. Essentially a low mile first year 991 PDK S, lightly optioned.

For example, on the Porsche locator, there are three cars that match the following criteria:
  • 2012.5 991 Carrera S
  • PDK
  • Under 20K mles

Prices range from $69K to $76K, and again, these are dealer cars with a fresh CPO warranty. Original stickers ranging from $110K to $121K.

I would think low to mid $70's more realistic for the car, and even at that price point you'd be competing against dealer cars at the same money with fresh CPO warranties.
Thanks - that's helpful input, and point well taken about competing against full CPO warranties. Definitely open to discussing pricing with any potential buyers.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:45 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz

• 2012.5 991 Carrera S
  • PDK
  • Under 20K mles

I think the low priced herb chambers car might be a 'ghost', a sold car that still shows up on the Porsche locator site, but the others are active cars?
+1. I wish he could get close to $80k because I would be selling my C2S in a heartbeat

P.S. Yup, that is the Herb Chambers "ghost" I went to check out a couple weeks ago.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
+1. I wish he could get close to $80k because I would be selling my C2S in a heartbeat
Fair enough

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991