Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2023 | 01:38 PM
twilling
Track Day

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Where in North county are you? I'm in Vista.
I’m in vista 👀
Old 07-20-2023 | 04:51 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Ha! I'm a block east of Vista High.
Old 07-21-2023 | 10:08 AM
overland04
Track Day

I'm talking with the dealer on this 2017 CS and looking to fly out to get a closer look. Before I do, I wanted to see if any of you see anything that I may be missing with the information available that would be a red flag.
The first two owners seem normal and the car has remained a CPO until a few months ago. Can't quite figure out the second two owners which may be a normal dealer swap thing, but wanted to get more thoughts on the Carfax.
The car checks all my boxes for what I've been looking for and pricing seems fair for a CPO, manual with decent options. The only thing I would change is the tire letters but a little acetone should fix that.
Any thoughts wold be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by overland04; 07-22-2023 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2023 | 10:42 AM
midwstCostofLivg
Advanced

Originally Posted by overland04
I'm talking with the dealer on this 2017 CS and looking to fly out to Colorado to get a closer look. Before I do, I wanted to see if any of you see anything that I may be missing with the information available that would be a red flag.
The first two owners seem normal and the car has remained a CPO until a few months ago. Can't quite figure out the second two owners which may be a normal dealer swap thing, but wanted to get more thoughts on the Carfax.
The car checks all my boxes for what I've been looking for and pricing seems fair for a CPO, manual with decent options. The only thing I would change is the tire letters but a little acetone should fix that.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WP0AB2A92HS124102
I think it's interesting. I might have to drive down to Porsche Colorado Springs to pick up a part in the next few days. If I do, I'll try to stop by and take a look for you.
Old 07-21-2023 | 11:02 AM
overland04
Track Day

Originally Posted by midwstCostofLivg
I think it's interesting. I might have to drive down to Porsche Colorado Springs to pick up a part in the next few days. If I do, I'll try to stop by and take a look for you.
That would be amazing, if possible!
Old 07-21-2023 | 12:04 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

I'm talking with the dealer on this 2017 CS and looking to fly out to Colorado to get a closer look. Before I do, I wanted to see if any of you see anything that I may be missing with the information available that would be a red flag.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WP0AB2A92HS124102

Looks like the first owner lived in PA and during winter drove the car to Palm Springs. Like you said the car was sold CPO in March this year. And the CPO does transfer to the next owner when you buy it private party. Not sure how it works if it is resold through a dealer.

It can be risky to post the specific car you seek on this thread because there are others shopping. I was negotiating with a dealer to buy my 2016 GTS and had made an offer that I think they were going to take. Another Rennlist member posted about it and several people called so my negotiating power was gone.

If the CPO is still in place that should give you some piece of mind.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 07-21-2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2023 | 12:09 PM
overland04
Track Day

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Looks like the first owner lived in PA and during winter drove the car to Palm Springs. Like you said the car was sold CPO in March this year. And the CPO does transfer to the next owner when you buy it private party. Not sure how it works if it is resold through a dealer.
I would love to figure how to stay CPO. I have a call in with the dealer that certified it in March to see if they know anything about doing so, but haven't heard back yet.
Old 07-21-2023 | 03:18 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

I would love to figure how to stay CPO. I have a call in with the dealer that certified it in March to see if they know anything about doing so, but haven't heard back yet.
Reading the Porsche CPO website page it appears it is transferrable if you buy it from the private party that bought it CPO or a Porsche dealer. Mine did transfer on my 997.2 GT3 because it was private sale. Now...how would they know? DON'T TELL THEM IT'S FOR SALE AT A DEALER.

My service advisor didn't ask me for paperwork or anything. He just saw it was under CPO.

I suggest you search this on Google and see what people say. Or start a new thread. From the standpoint of negotiating with the dealer selling it now, you can say the warranty won't transfer. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2023 | 03:25 PM
overland04
Track Day

Reading the Porsche CPO website page it appears it is transferrable if you buy it from the private party that bought it CPO or a Porsche dealer. Mine did transfer on my 997.2 GT3 because it was private sale. Now...how would they know? DON'T TELL THEM IT'S FOR SALE AT A DEALER.

My service advisor didn't ask me for paperwork or anything. He just saw it was under CPO.

I suggest you search this on Google and see what people say. Or start a new thread. From the standpoint of negotiating with the dealer selling it now, you can say the warranty won't transfer. Good luck!
The good news is that I called Porsche of North America directly since the local dealer has not responded. They said the CPO will carry over with no issues until mid-2025, plus a bunch of other undocumented warranties on its file that were originally added to the car until 2027. I put a deposit on it and should be flying out next week to look at it in person.
As far as pricing, any thoughts on if this is considered a "HOT" deal, average, of bad price?
Old 07-21-2023 | 04:03 PM
DarienA
Instructor

Autotempest tags it as a "good" deal vs great, and also tags it as Hot which I assume is associated with # of recent views for what all that is worth... those tags might be coming from cars.com since it shows the good deal vs great and hot tag as well.

Last edited by DarienA; 07-21-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2023 | 04:18 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

The good news is that I called Porsche of North America directly since the local dealer has not responded. They said the CPO will carry over with no issues until mid-2025, plus a bunch of other undocumented warranties on its file that were originally added to the car until 2027. I put a deposit on it and should be flying out next week to look at it in person.
As far as pricing, any thoughts on if this is considered a "HOT" deal, average, of bad price?
I cannot comment on pricing but if you put a deposit and fly out it may be touch to negotiate unless you find an issue. But you can take a run at it.
Old 07-21-2023 | 04:31 PM
itogliano
Intermediate

This is interesting. https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WP0CB2A93ES155024. $140 original build
Minor damage to right rear at one point but depending on details this might be a pretty nice deal. The wrap needs to come off imo. The interior would look much nicer with the original Mahogany Metallic exterior and the blinding blue

BASE 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
176 Sport Exhaust System
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
427 20" Carrera Classic Wheels
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
583 Smoking package
603 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
640 Sport Chrono Package
658 Power Steering Plus
840 SportDesign steering wheel
970 Two-tone leather interior BL Leather Interior in Black/Luxor Beige
EED Mahogany Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior & PDK P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P3E Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P3H BOSE® Audio Package
XHG Center console trim in Mahagony
XSC Porsche Crest on headrests
XXG Clear Glass Taillights
Y8 Mahogany Metallic
The following users liked this post:
mhconley (07-22-2023)
Old 07-21-2023 | 04:42 PM
rephlex71
Advanced

Originally Posted by DarienA
Autotempest tags it as a "good" deal vs great, and also tags it as Hot which I assume is associated with # of recent views for what all that is worth... those tags might be coming from cars.com since it shows the good deal vs great and hot tag as well.
Personally I don't trust any of these car sites algorithms to accurately determine value. Look at this car https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5...-74188b78f228/ which cars.com rates as a great buy. It was in an accident with airbags deployed!
Old 07-21-2023 | 05:02 PM
George from MD
Drifting

If the airbags were deployed I'd avoid it like the plague.
Old 07-21-2023 | 05:36 PM
overland04
Track Day

I cannot comment on pricing but if you put a deposit and fly out it may be touch to negotiate unless you find an issue. But you can take a run at it.
I don’t feel that I’d try to bargain them down in the listed price. I felt it was a fair deal considering all other similar year/mileage/CPO cars like this are 105k and up currently.

I was just trying to get a feel for what you guys think as a real world enthusiast value. Not caring too much about what any of the used car sites say.

Last edited by overland04; 07-21-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991