Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 09:54 AM
RP4S911
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 292 Posts

What you see on the Autocheck is an accident that Carfax didn't catch. Get a PPI and make sure they check for paintwork on the driver-side and rear. You will find some. Scuffed wheels don't show up on a Carfax/Autocheck lol.
Old 10-04-2023, 10:20 AM
RP4S911
Pro

Originally Posted by TBK911
Yes, seems like a steal. I just paid more for a 2013 4S with more miles!? Haha, or not... Plus, I don't usually like black/black but this looks good.
Right. I paid 106 for my '15 4S with 17k a couple in '21. Just a sign that the right NA car will be holding its value better?
Old 10-04-2023, 11:28 AM
FrozenX
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RP4S911
What you see on the Autocheck is an accident that Carfax didn't catch. Get a PPI and make sure they check for paintwork on the driver-side and rear. You will find some. Scuffed wheels don't show up on a Carfax/Autocheck lol.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I just want to note that the AutoCheck datasource does explicitly state damage report, not accident. It then sold at auction. So it could be just notation of what they noticed, I hope lol. They have sent videos and I couldn't see any proof of an accident, or even paint damage. It's going to PPI today so hopefully that is clear.
Old 10-04-2023, 11:52 AM
RP4S911
Pro

Originally Posted by FrozenX
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I just want to note that the AutoCheck datasource does explicitly state damage report, not accident. It then sold at auction. So it could be just notation of what they noticed, I hope lol. They have sent videos and I couldn't see any proof of an accident, or even paint damage. It's going to PPI today so hopefully that is clear.
Nope. You won't get anything on Autocheck or Carfax in regards to a Condition Report from a dealer auction. If the Carfax/Autochecks are clean there is a chance there was still an accident, but if one of them show anything then there 100% was an accident. "Damage" refers to an accident with a police report or insurance claim. To give you an example "Moderate Damage" on an Autocheck means airbags deployed, and "Major/Severe damage" usually means the car has been totaled in the past. Carfax is more self explanatory. I ran an exotic dealer for a decade. I saw damage in the rear and driver-side. You can't paint meter the bumper (because it's plastic) so it'll have to be examined, but the driver-side should be an easy find.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:25 PM
FrozenX
8th Gear

Nope. You won't get anything on Autocheck or Carfax in regards to a Condition Report from a dealer auction. If the Carfax/Autochecks are clean there is a chance there was still an accident, but if one of them show anything then there 100% was an accident. "Damage" refers to an accident with a police report or insurance claim. To give you an example "Moderate Damage" on an Autocheck means airbags deployed, and "Major/Severe damage" usually means the car has been totaled in the past. Carfax is more self explanatory. I ran an exotic dealer for a decade. I saw damage in the rear and driver-side. You can't paint meter the bumper (because it's plastic) so it'll have to be examined, but the driver-side should be an easy find.
Okay this is great to know, thank you for this information!

The damage does state minor. Price wise, any thoughts on that considering the PPI checks out? It seems like a really good deal with the packages it has, based on searching pcarmarket, BAT, and Autotempest.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:45 PM
FrozenX
8th Gear

I think I'm in the right thread to ask this question. Apologize if I'm not, please redirect me.

Looking at a 2017 C4S with 21K miles, PDK, coupe, sport package, premium package, lift, adapter cruise, etc. Retailed for ~$152K with these options. The ask is $100K flat. 2 of the wheels are scuffed a bit. Carfax is clear, but autocheck shows damage which I believe is the wheels. They sent a video where I couldn't see any issues, PPI is tomorrow.

Here are some pics, and a folder containing the auto check + carfax + pics.

PPI came back clear on mechanical and interior. All features function as intended. The rear bumper had been sprayed, but nothing else was. The wheels are repainted now, the exhaust tips and all parts sit exactly where they need to be. They liked the car and didn't find any red flags.

Brakes are at ~40% - 50%.
The following users liked this post:
Cur (10-09-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 11:49 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

I don't know... seems like an awful lot of Armor All on the tires.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:00 AM
FrozenX
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Cuda911
I don't know... seems like an awful lot of Armor All on the tires.
The tires have been fixed. These aren't the best pictures, but they gave me a video as well and for the PPI to check it as well. They look good now. Sandblasted then powder coated.

Old 10-05-2023, 01:50 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Was kidding on my comment. Looks like a great car.
The following users liked this post:
FrozenX (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Paint meter reading on door was good ?

You will take an accident value hit but I would want to see a picture of the paint meter reading for proof on door.

PPI came back clear on mechanical and interior. All features function as intended. The rear bumper had been sprayed, but nothing else was. The wheels are repainted now, the exhaust tips and all parts sit exactly where they need to be. They liked the car and didn't find any red flags.

Brakes are at ~40% - 50%.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:24 AM
RP4S911
Pro

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
You will take an accident value hit but I would want to see a picture of the paint meter reading for proof on door.
Since the rear was hit good enough to affect exhaust too, it may not have even been the door. It could have been the rocker or rear hip/quarter and just noted as "driver side" for the Autocheck. (Edit: It could have just damaged both driver wheels pretty good and that was what was noted for that side). If they metered the whole driver side there should be some proof to show either way. However, If they OK'ed the rear of the car through a good PPI, that would have been my main concern.

Yes, the car is worth less with paintwork and a bad autocheck/report, but you also pay alot less initially so you're just as evened out as paying much more for a "perfect" one. It all ends up being the same. It's not a collector car, it's a driver, and honestly it'll make you less scared to bang it around if it's already "not perfect". We're all **** until our cars get those first scratches or dings, then we use it like we stole it, worry-free.

Last edited by RP4S911; 10-05-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:56 PM
FrozenX
8th Gear

Since the rear was hit good enough to affect exhaust too, it may not have even been the door. It could have been the rocker or rear hip/quarter and just noted as "driver side" for the Autocheck. (Edit: It could have just damaged both driver wheels pretty good and that was what was noted for that side). If they metered the whole driver side there should be some proof to show either way. However, If they OK'ed the rear of the car through a good PPI, that would have been my main concern.

Yes, the car is worth less with paintwork and a bad autocheck/report, but you also pay alot less initially so you're just as evened out as paying much more for a "perfect" one. It all ends up being the same. It's not a collector car, it's a driver, and honestly it'll make you less scared to bang it around if it's already "not perfect". We're all **** until our cars get those first scratches or dings, then we use it like we stole it, worry-free.
Good points. Thanks for the response.

There wasn't any indication it hit the exhaust. They just stated the parts are dead center exactly where they need to be, so if they did replace things they did it exactly right because they can't notice anything.

They did paint meter the panels and stated they're within 1mm of each other. No evidence of paint. They also noted indication of painless dent repair on the driver side rear fender.

The bumper isn't noticble paint wise in normal conditions.

Overall, they really liked the car. Especially mechanically and interior wise. The PPI was done by Zims Autotechnik, which I've gotten as recommendation from this forum.

Any thoughts on the price? It seems right on.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:03 PM
FrozenX
8th Gear

Some exhaust pics:

Old 10-05-2023, 02:03 PM
RP4S911
Pro

Good points. Thanks for the response.

There wasn't any indication it hit the exhaust. They just stated the parts are dead center exactly where they need to be, so if they did replace things they did it exactly right because they can't notice anything.

They did paint meter the panels and stated they're within 1mm of each other. No evidence of paint. They also noted indication of painless dent repair on the driver side rear fender.

The bumper isn't noticble paint wise in normal conditions.

Overall, they really liked the car. Especially mechanically and interior wise. The PPI was done by Zims Autotechnik, which I've gotten as recommendation from this forum.

Any thoughts on the price? It seems right on.
Price is great! Sounds like a great PPI especially with everything mechanical being good. That is huge. I paid 100+ for my 991.1 4S not that ago, so If you feel good about it, go for it!

Last edited by RP4S911; 10-05-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:36 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

2019 GTS coupe w/ PDK and 17k miles white PCCB and rear axle steering rubber dash $113k. 2019 GTS

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991