Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 01:27 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Txtonyo
Just to comment on RAC Performance - total misrep on a recent transaction. I had several bites on a transaction to sell my car. An "investor" of that shop contacted me through a PCA ad I had listed (also joined here and listed on marketplace). The entire time I was told this was for his personal use. He balked at the PPI results he thought seemed odd after I took time to arrange locally and seemed disputatious with the shop owner on a few things, none of which were anything remarkable.

Eventually the car was sold to them in an easy transaction. About a week later, I was alerted it was listed on their site. Texted this "investor" and was told "to be clear this was for personal use." Total liar. Next it went to sale pending and was sold, all within 3-4 weeks after it left me. Don't know the ultimate price but it was listed about 9k above my selling price. Went out of my way to include extra mats and did not remove some OEM upgrades that weren't exactly designed to be part of the sale as I thought it was going to an enthusiast. Had I know the tactic, I would not have sold it to them but obviously a personal decision (and it was not at full asking price).

Just my thoughts but I'd skip buying from a place that operates in this manner. In fact, I saw RAC ****** a BAT listing after mine and predicted it would be a flip for them on the comments. Was exactly right on the call for that one too as it showed up there and is gone. Not illegal in any way but just underhanded when I was told one thing and something else occurred - that part is unfortunate and completely disingenuous.

My advice, check reviews on yelp, google, and on here for dealing with these places. Although some are dedicated enthusiasts, at the end of the transaction it is just another car in many cases to them.
If you are looking for a non-Sport Chrono CPO warranty car as I was, you are covered If you purchase it from a Porsche Dealer offering it as a CPO car, or a private party having some of the 24 month CPO remaining. If the car is sold by a non-Porsche dealer, and if the original factory warranty has expired, you'll have no warranty. You'll have to take a chance...or buy an aftermarket warranty. They ain't cheap....and maybe they will, and maybe they won't honor a claim.

I wanted a CPO car, 24 month warranty, didn't really care about Sport Chrono, so I could shop[ the dealers. Those wanting a Sport Chrono car with a CPO, your only option is to buy it from a private party. If you can live without Sport Chrono, as I decided to do, and want some, or all of a 24 month CPO warranty, you can either buy it from a Porsche dealer, or a car from a private party with X months of warranty remaining. No way I am spending $80,000 on a 8 year old Carrera S lacking a Factory Warranty. But that's just me...

Last edited by Martin S.; 05-30-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:21 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
Here you go, maybe this will help-
​​​​​​Price:$109,265.00
Exterior:Guards RedInterior:Black standard interiorWarranty Startecember 19, 2011Warranty Endecember 20, 2017 BASE
Doppelkupplung (PDK)276Automatically dimming mirrors342Seat heating (front)42320-inch Carrera S wheel583Smoking package603Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)630Light Design Package636ParkAssist (front and rear)651Electric sunroof658Power Steering Plus672Navigation Module680BOSE® Surround Sound System690SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver and HD Radio® Receiver748Electric folding exterior mirrors762Launch vehicle844Multi-function Steering WheelAGBlack standard interiorG1Guards RedP06Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Seems like a very reasonably priced 991S. You should also post the carfax and larger images if you can.
Seems like a ridiculously overpriced 10 year old Base 991.1 launch vehicle already out of warranty 3-1/2 years.
And it doesn't even have premium pkg plus, leather, sunroof, keyless entry, Sport Chrono or ventilated seats?
Is this a zero mileage 911? Even so, you could buy a 2019 Base for less than $109k.
I missed and don't see where this came from.
Is this a joke?
Old 05-30-2021, 10:45 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Seems like a ridiculously overpriced 10 year old Base 991.1 launch vehicle already out of warranty 3-1/2 years.
And it doesn't even have premium pkg plus, leather, sunroof, keyless entry, Sport Chrono or ventilated seats?
Is this a zero mileage 911? Even so, you could buy a 2019 Base for less than $109k.
I missed and don't see where this came from.
Is this a joke?
Someone posted this car for 61k without a good description so I ran the VIN and posted the options. The poster took down the ad and a few small images shortly after. The original MSRP was 109k.
They should only allow paying members to run classified ads.
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (05-31-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 07:52 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,072 Likes on 446 Posts

Seems like a decent deal (for today) on a 991.1 base.

https://www.carmax.com/car/20382344
Old 06-03-2021, 01:20 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
Seems like a decent deal (for today) on a 991.1 base.

https://www.carmax.com/car/20382344
The history does show a rear ender with "moderate" damage.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by BGLeduc
The history does show a rear ender with "moderate" damage.
70k for a 2015 38k mile base stripper car with a significant rear-end incident? Sheesh.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:50 AM
cclcal
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Ive become a new member! No longer just a user!

Since I enjoy the car I ended up never going in to autonation to trade car in, spoke w them on phone and just didnt feel right. Felt like a used car salesperson - which i guess they are. I think they overpromise and under deliver.

When I picked up the car, i wondered how could anyone in their right mind part w a porsche 911, toyota camry ok (no offense to camry owners, ive owned 2!), but 911?? ive done what I never thought I would do - list the car for sale. Like I stated in the ad - Number of kids > number of back seats.
Old 06-05-2021, 01:13 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 298 Posts

So, I know this should be in the Turbo forum, but just throwing this out there since the prices are definitely overlapping for many 991.1 GTS and 991.2 cars ATM.

Here's a 2015 911 Turbo that has 38K miles with an MSRP of $169K for $113K.
I've seen quite a few 991.2 S cars going for similar money and GTS for similar or more money.

Right now, for the money, this would be HFS for me if I were looking for a PDK car.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AD2A90FS166162/
Old 06-05-2021, 04:25 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

lOOKS LIKE A 6SPEED TO ME!
Old 06-06-2021, 03:55 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Could someone tell me what's the best way to assure that you get the car you want?
I was ready to pull the trigger on an awesome deal (white 991.1 base MT with 31k miles for 50kUSD), told the guy I'm ready to transfer the deposit, then he sold it to someone who could actually go there in person. An entire year into my search, I find something finally and then this. Grrrrr

On a different note, if someone has a speed yellow 991.1 base MT for sale, let me know
Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thelampire
Could someone tell me what's the best way to assure that you get the car you want?
I was ready to pull the trigger on an awesome deal (white 991.1 base MT with 31k miles for 50kUSD), told the guy I'm ready to transfer the deposit, then he sold it to someone who could actually go there in person. An entire year into my search, I find something finally and then this. Grrrrr

On a different note, if someone has a speed yellow 991.1 base MT for sale, let me know
There’s no guarantees. Even people on this forum will sell something to someone else after you agreed to buy it.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by thelampire

Don't know all the details or conversations you had with the seller, but possibly giving the seller a deposit would have allowed you the first right of refusal to purchase the car.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:20 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Don't know all the details or conversations you had with the seller, but possibly giving the seller a deposit would have allowed you the first right of refusal to purchase the car.
I asked him for the VIN, if the title is clean and told him that if everything checked out I would like to put down a deposit. He told me that "the car is still available" (even though someone else had already scheduled a visit).Two hours later I ran the carfax, checked the specs and told him that I want to buy it and asked for details on how to put down the deposit. Then in the morning he told me people were going to check it out. The rest is history. Anyway, It's a bummber, but at least I didn't buy her from somebody who doesn't really give a damn.

Originally Posted by CayenneBlack
There’s no guarantees. Even people on this forum will sell something to someone else after you agreed to buy it.
That's good to know. I didn't quite want to play the dirty game, even though I could have offered a few thousands more than the other buyer. It's not the end of the world though, just really frustrating.

Last edited by thelampire; 06-06-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:40 PM
awittig
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 102 Posts

This posting was marked sold because i contacted the seller and wired him a deposit on it last weekend.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1253516

It was originally way underpriced at $62,500. I contacted the seller and he said he's now at 66,500. While on the phone the price becomes 70,000. Ok, whatever, still a good deal.

I found the car (same VIN #) listed online at a dealer in the area a few days later. Seller ignored my text messages until i told him my police officer brother found his REAL name, address, and that he'd been arrested twice. Seller responded and returned my deposit only after i threatened to have him arrested for a third time. I recommend banning this criminal from the forum. Apparently he was "just about to get a hold of me"

I don't know if this guy even owned the car. Or was just trying to hustle me with pictures from the dealer listing. Either way he was clearly ignoring me until i provided him with his real name, address, and criminal record.

Just a warning to others...
Old 06-06-2021, 06:39 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Originally Posted by awittig
This posting was marked sold because i contacted the seller and wired him a deposit on it last weekend.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1253516

It was originally way underpriced at $62,500. I contacted the seller and he said he's now at 66,500. While on the phone the price becomes 70,000. Ok, whatever, still a good deal.

I found the car (same VIN #) listed online at a dealer in the area a few days later. Seller ignored my text messages until i told him my police officer brother found his REAL name, address, and that he'd been arrested twice. Seller responded and returned my deposit only after i threatened to have him arrested for a third time. I recommend banning this criminal from the forum. Apparently he was "just about to get a hold of me"

I don't know if this guy even owned the car. Or was just trying to hustle me with pictures from the dealer listing. Either way he was clearly ignoring me until i provided him with his real name, address, and criminal record.

Just a warning to others...
Oh, wow, what a story. It seems like people are willing to pull off anything for some quick dough.

Last edited by thelampire; 06-06-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991