Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 07:44 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 469 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by thelampire
Could someone tell me what's the best way to assure that you get the car you want?
I was ready to pull the trigger on an awesome deal (white 991.1 base MT with 31k miles for 50kUSD), told the guy I'm ready to transfer the deposit, then he sold it to someone who could actually go there in person. An entire year into my search, I find something finally and then this. Grrrrr

On a different note, if someone has a speed yellow 991.1 base MT for sale, let me know
Sorry about that! Ugh, very frustrating.

I too searched for about 6 months and found a car that didn't end up working out (1 month of work remotely with them - long story).
I then found a CPO car and bought it immediately from Cali.

Here's the two main issues with the car you're seeking. Needle in a haystack.
1. Manual transmission - you know from your search that about 10% at best of the cars for sale are manual
2. Yellow - I've only seen one or two yellow cars for sale in either base or S trim. This is going to be super rare to find.

When I was in the middle of the paperwork of the car I bought (not yet finalized) I saw a very base 991.2 with only 5K miles come up for sale. It was yellow and the same price as I was paying for my car, plus it was closer to where I lived (I could have driven to get it).
It lasted a couple days and was gone. I did have the opportunity to get it, but it literally had no options other than the color yellow, passenger storage net and crests on the headrests. I haven't seen another yellow car up for sale since (other than GTS).
Old 06-06-2021, 08:33 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869
Sorry about that! Ugh, very frustrating.

I too searched for about 6 months and found a car that didn't end up working out (1 month of work remotely with them - long story).
I then found a CPO car and bought it immediately from Cali.

Here's the two main issues with the car you're seeking. Needle in a haystack.
1. Manual transmission - you know from your search that about 10% at best of the cars for sale are manual
2. Yellow - I've only seen one or two yellow cars for sale in either base or S trim. This is going to be super rare to find.

When I was in the middle of the paperwork of the car I bought (not yet finalized) I saw a very base 991.2 with only 5K miles come up for sale. It was yellow and the same price as I was paying for my car, plus it was closer to where I lived (I could have driven to get it).
It lasted a couple days and was gone. I did have the opportunity to get it, but it literally had no options other than the color yellow, passenger storage net and crests on the headrests. I haven't seen another yellow car up for sale since (other than GTS).
Of course this had to have happened on the single day in probably the last year when I didn't check the listings.

I think I have seen one yellow C2S MT, but that was like 2 years ago. I'm actually OK with carrera white, aqua blue, lime gold (not for 78.5k, though, as it is listed here), just not silver, black or red. Most of the "fun" colored cars are red instead of yellow, unfortunately.

Last edited by thelampire; 06-06-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:15 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Of course this had to have happened on the single day in probably the last year when I didn't check the listings.

I think I have seen one yellow C2S MT, but that was like 2 years ago. I'm actually OK with carrera white, aqua blue, lime gold (not for 78.5k, though, as it is listed here), just not silver, black or red. Most of the "fun" colored cars are red instead of yellow, unfortunately.
It was last June when I saw the yellow car listed. It was either NY or Mass if I'm not mistaken. Didn't last long at all.

The car that I didn't end up getting was Miami Blue. Exactly the color I wanted but there was an issue with the paperwork that I didn't like (arbitration clause), so I walked away from it. I don't regret it for a second.
My plane jane agate grey metallic won't look so plane soon enough. My title will be "Just a C2."

Just did a quick search and found this listed two days ago. Not sure what your price range is, but this was a very nice build!
https://www.bostonmotorsportsmaserat...14d3646ba3.htm
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A91HS123443/

The exact same car is listed here as a private sale as well. Not sure what's going on there, but it's $13K cheaper through the private sale
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

GLWS! Keep the course and use Autotempest daily. You'll find what you're looking for.

What exactly are you looking for? Must haves etc. I'll keep an eye out. I LOVE finding cars for people.

Last edited by rugu6869; 06-06-2021 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Added ad
Old 06-06-2021, 10:29 PM
thelampire
Instructor

It was last June when I saw the yellow car listed. It was either NY or Mass if I'm not mistaken. Didn't last long at all.

The car that I didn't end up getting was Miami Blue. Exactly the color I wanted but there was an issue with the paperwork that I didn't like (arbitration clause), so I walked away from it. I don't regret it for a second.
My plane jane agate grey metallic won't look so plane soon enough. My title will be "Just a C2."

Just did a quick search and found this listed two days ago. Not sure what your price range is, but this was a very nice build!
https://www.bostonmotorsportsmaserat...14d3646ba3.htm
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A91HS123443/

The exact same car is listed here as a private sale as well. Not sure what's going on there, but it's $13K cheaper through the private sale
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

GLWS! Keep the course and use Autotempest daily. You'll find what you're looking for.

What exactly are you looking for? Must haves etc. I'll keep an eye out. I LOVE finding cars for people.
I have 18 bookmarks in a folder which I open like 3 times a day I would like a clean title, accident free C2 or C2S Couple MT around or below 50k miles for around 50-65kUSD. I think my only must is a sunroof. Not that I want it, but if I decide to sell the car, nobody will want one without a sunroof. I used to have higher standards like SE or BOSE, but I don't think I care about them anymore. The 14-18way adjustable seats would be nice. In this market this seems quite impossible, but there are some good examples popping up for mere hours once in a while. That white one was one of them.
I am really curious how this stupid inflation is going to escalate in the long term.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:43 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Umm you got this backwards

People search after and will pay more for a non-sunroof car. A engineer friend said it best, why would you drill a hole in a perfectly good roof. They are known for rattles, leaking and failure. Talk to some pca guys or other enthusiast not sure where you got the sunroof idea but not correct.

I have 18 bookmarks in a folder which I open like 3 times a day I would like a clean title, accident free C2 or C2S Couple MT around or below 50k miles for around 50-65kUSD. I think my only must is a sunroof. Not that I want it, but if I decide to sell the car, nobody will want one without a sunroof. I used to have higher standards like SE or BOSE, but I don't think I care about them anymore. The 14-18way adjustable seats would be nice. In this market this seems quite impossible, but there are some good examples popping up for mere hours once in a while. That white one was one of them.
I am really curious how this stupid inflation is going to escalate in the long term.
The following users liked this post:
Bulldawgfan1000 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 09:57 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Got it.
I'll keep my eyes open for anything, but it looks as though you have the search taken care of.

Interesting, I saw a yellow GTS listed for $30K more than it sold for on BAT in December! Sold for $99K and is now listed for $130K.

Right now, I don't know if your price and mileage criteria are feasible in this market. As you stated, not sure where this stupid inflation is going. Seems to be crazy in quite a few industries (housing, construction and cars).
I imagine everything will come back down to earth at some point, but no one knows exactly when.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:21 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Right now, I don't know if your price and mileage criteria are feasible in this market.
I know, that's why I was bummed out this much about that white one going to someone else. 50kUSD would have been perfect.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:59 PM
NA2
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts
Default yep

I know, that's why I was bummed out this much about that white one going to someone else. 50kUSD would have been perfect.
for $50k your options are probably only flavors of 996 in this market
Old 06-07-2021, 03:09 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts

Unfortunately, $50k will not put in you in a 991 unless it's high mileage early base example or with a title history. Even decent 997's are going for more than that right now.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:34 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by NA2
for $50k your options are probably only flavors of 996 in this market
Well, he did imply he was ok with a car up to 50K miles. Maybe $55K for a 60-70K miles car?
Old 06-07-2021, 05:10 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Here's a quite rare car for sure. Stripper, 2016 in Lava Orange with 35K miles for $75K.
Literally, the only options that cost anything are the paint and the ornamental crest.
It has 19" wheels, no sunroof and is manual.
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/911-Carrera-337334
https://www.porschewestpalmbeach.com...aa2a95gs106730
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A95GS106730/
thelampire (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 05:18 PM
thelampire
Instructor

Originally Posted by visitador
Well, he did imply he was ok with a car up to 50K miles. Maybe $55K for a 60-70K miles car?
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1252352
This would be OK, if the seller was not acting the way he is, and the car wasn't silver. I don't think that my mission is impossible, even given the current market. It's impossible for sure from a dealer.

Here's a quite rare car for sure. Stripper, 2016 in Lava Orange with 35K miles for $75K.
Literally, the only options that cost anything are the paint and the ornamental crest.
It has 19" wheels, no sunroof and is manual.
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/911-Carrera-337334
https://www.porschewestpalmbeach.com...aa2a95gs106730
https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AA2A95GS106730/
This is exactly what I'm looking for. For 20k less, Ok, 15k less, but only because of the color Anyway, I'm not in a rush. Although, it would be awesome if the 991.1 didn't fall into the same pit as like the older NSX, Supra, Skyline etc. with constantly increasing values.

Last edited by thelampire; 06-07-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:38 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

This is exactly what I'm looking for. For 20k less, Ok, 15k less, but only because of the color Anyway, I'm not in a rush. Although, it would be awesome if the 991.1 didn't fall into the same pit as like the older NSX, Supra, Skyline etc. with constantly increasing values.
It looked like you were willing to go up to $65K, so it'd be about $10K more than you wanted to pay. That's exactly what I paid for the car that I wanted, $10K more than I was "willing" to spend.
If it's the exact car you are looking for, I would suggest you look into it for sure. You know full well how hard it is to find the needle in a haystack. I'm am sure this build is one-of-one. Base in Lava Orange, slick top and manual. Not going to last.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:11 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Since I have no idea what is HFS anymore, here is an ad I just saw in my FB group. 991.2 with the coveted manual in camine red. It is not even on that dealer’s website yet.
thelampire (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 09:00 PM
thelampire
Instructor

It looked like you were willing to go up to $65K, so it'd be about $10K more than you wanted to pay. That's exactly what I paid for the car that I wanted, $10K more than I was "willing" to spend.
If it's the exact car you are looking for, I would suggest you look into it for sure. You know full well how hard it is to find the needle in a haystack. I'm am sure this build is one-of-one. Base in Lava Orange, slick top and manual. Not going to last.
It's certainly a sweet car, but I really don't think the pricetag is justified. This white one (link) was almost the same simple build, but for 50k. I know this is incredibly rare and it's price would have been low even a year ago, but I'm looking for these kind of deals. My limit, 65k is already stretching it, I really cannot do 75k.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991