Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 10:46 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Any thoughts on this one? I know it is NOT an "S" model, but I do love the unique options it has, this is probably a unicorn of some sort-

https://www.porschegoldcoast.com/inv...aa2a91hs106757
Old 07-10-2020, 10:47 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 462 Likes on 299 Posts

I decided I'm going to cut to the chase and ended up going with a CPO 2017 C2 manual in Agate Grey Metallic. CPO warranty will run till 6/2023.
It wasn't necessarily the color I wanted, but it had all the other options I was looking for. I just couldn't see paying the same price for cars with less mileage, but lacked $15K in options that I would really enjoy.
I am literally in the middle of the paperwork, but this is through an actual Porsche dealership so I'm not expecting any funny business like the last one.

I slept all of four hours last night! Couldn't fall asleep and then woke up early. Excited is about the biggest understatement of the world!

Options are:
Sport Exhaust System
20" Carrera S Wheels
Lane Change Assist - please tell me this can be disabled FOREVER!
Deletion of Model Designation
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
BOSE Surround Sound System
Standard Black Interior
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Sport Chrono Package
Instruments dials in Racing Yellow
Gear Lever in Carbon Fiber

MSRP $110,005. Bought for $80K, which was about the best deal out there that I could find at this time. Yes, it's the car at Irvine Porsche.
We did a FaceTime so I could look at everything closer live (I'm in PA) and the car is in stellar shape. They never mount the front plate on their cars (this was a returned lease) and the front seat looks perfect. No rim damage either and the CPO inspection looked great.
For a lease car, it really looks to be well taken care of. Based on the options, it was owned by someone that really likes driving and their car.
Stay tuned...
The following 5 users liked this post by rugu6869:
Catharpin (07-11-2020), Class5Kayaker (07-16-2020), shake1 (07-10-2020), sr5959 (07-10-2020), vtgt (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 12:17 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869
I decided I'm going to cut to the chase and ended up going with a CPO 2017 C2 manual in Agate Grey Metallic. CPO warranty will run till 6/2023.
It wasn't necessarily the color I wanted, but it had all the other options I was looking for. I just couldn't see paying the same price for cars with less mileage, but lacked $15K in options that I would really enjoy.
I am literally in the middle of the paperwork, but this is through an actual Porsche dealership so I'm not expecting any funny business like the last one.

I slept all of four hours last night! Couldn't fall asleep and then woke up early. Excited is about the biggest understatement of the world!

Options are:
Sport Exhaust System
20" Carrera S Wheels
Standard Black Interior
Sport Chrono Package

MSRP $110,005. Bought for $80K, which was about the best deal out there that I could find at this time. Yes, it's the car at Irvine Porsche.
We did a FaceTime so I could look at everything closer live (I'm in PA) and the car is in stellar shape. They never mount the front plate on their cars (this was a returned lease) and the front seat looks perfect. No rim damage either and the CPO inspection looked great.
For a lease car, it really looks to be well taken care of. Based on the options, it was owned by someone that really likes driving and their car.
Stay tuned...
Congratulations! Seems like a great spec and I think Agate Grey looks great!
The following users liked this post:
rugu6869 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 12:57 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
Any thoughts on this one? I know it is NOT an "S" model, but I do love the unique options it has, this is probably a unicorn of some sort-

My only "negative" is the light color dash that will reflect under certain lighting conditions to the windshield (I thought they quit doing these and went to dark color dash on all, but I guess not). I had the same interior as this one has on my 2011 4S and found it at times disturbing. Not a deal breaker, but something you should be aware. Other than that - great color and options.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:11 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Now that is a well spec'd car. Very unique with a high option msrp of $131k
Old 07-10-2020, 03:59 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Well, that was quick and painless! They emailed me the document, I signed on my phone and sent it right back to them. Took about 10 minutes to explain everything to me because I've never purchased a vehicle remotely before. Once all my questions were answered I was good-to-go!
They'll overnight the documents to a local notary who will contact me and take care of all the paperwork on the spot. Once that's done, they'll overnight the paperwork back to the dealership. As soon as I sign with the notary, they'll schedule the transportation - i.e. They won't wait till they receive the paperwork so as to not hold things up.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE DEALING WITH ACTUAL PROFESSIONALS!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by rugu6869:
RDG_RCR (07-10-2020), sr5959 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 04:14 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Also, for those that are interested in cars with low options and low mileage, these are two you might like. I seriously considered these two as well as their prices are essentially the exact same that mine was.

I know this car was "sold" on Rennlist a while back. Not a CPO car, but Miami Blue with sport seats/crests and GT Steering wheel. Looks like 7,700 miles and asking $79,991. MSRP $96,575
https://www.leejohnson.com/auto/used...d-wa/47013950/

I couldn't believe that I found a yellow car at all, especially one with so few options. This one is CPO with seat heating, Bose and yellow dials. This has 13,600 miles and asking $79,992. MSRP $93,775
https://www.jackdanielsmotors.com/ce...b820503960.htm
Old 07-10-2020, 06:26 PM
RDG_RCR
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts

Timing is everything, and unfortunately it’s not on my side. Check out the build sheet!

https://www.espimotors.com/inventory...T-140,190MSRP/

The following 4 users liked this post by RDG_RCR:
artsd (07-11-2020), shammerman (07-10-2020), slimmn (07-11-2020), vtgt (07-10-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 06:40 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

^ Nicely spec'd, just missing a third pedal for me.
The following 3 users liked this post by rugu6869:
dd356 (07-11-2020), seoulshakers (07-10-2020), vtgt (07-10-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 05:32 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by rugu6869

Options are:
Sport Exhaust System
20" Carrera S Wheels
Standard Black Interior
Sport Chrono Package

Stay tuned...
Congrats! Great buy with nice build. Just curious why do you want LCA to be disabled? I think it's a pretty cute/helpful thing that I probably will swallow the $700 price tag if I were to build one, and I'm cheap on add-ons.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:38 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Any thoughts on these 2? They are both at the same dealership and were both Demo's. Pretty well equipped overall. They have the Red and Blue almost identical MSRP, just a few different options.

https://www.hoffmanporsche.com/used-...anchor-model-0
Old 07-11-2020, 11:05 AM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 294 Posts

Any thoughts on these 2? They are both at the same dealership and were both Demo's. Pretty well equipped overall. They have the Red and Blue almost identical MSRP, just a few different options.

https://www.hoffmanporsche.com/used-...anchor-model-0
Blue one is SWEET!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:34 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Catharpin
Blue one is SWEET!
I agree the Blue is the better of the 2, the wheels I like a lot better and it just looks really good the way they optioned it.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:46 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Congrats! Great buy with nice build. Just curious why do you want LCA to be disabled? I think it's a pretty cute/helpful thing that I probably will swallow the $700 price tag if I were to build one, and I'm cheap on add-ons.
Yes, for the vast majority of people this will be helpful. I thought that it would actively steer you back into the lane, but it's just more of a warning.

The reasons I would never spec this are:
1. I am always paying attention while driving - no messing with my phone or anything else
2. I am always aware of who's around me - including motorcycles
3. I have my SCCA and BMWCCA Comp Licenses - I have my mirrors set where there is basically no blind spot (yes, this can be done on the vast majority of cars - I'll go into details below)
4. I don't want to ever get "lazy" and rely on something that I should be doing myself - watching where I am and others are

Setting your SIDE VIEW MIRRORS:
1. They are not rear view mirrors - if you can see any part of your car in the mirror, they're set way too close and you'll have a huge blind spot
2. You want to adjust the side view mirror so that when the following occurs:
a. When a vehicle pulls out from behind you and you can no longer see them in your rear view mirror....
b. They instantly become visible in your side view mirror
c. As they come past you and the tail end of their car is just about to go out of view of your side view mirror (either side of the car)...
d. You can actually see the nose of the car next to you out of your peripheral vision

This becomes super apparent when you're in a caged race car with six-point harnesses and a helmet with a HANS device on. Your outward vision is very limited, plus you can't even turn your head all that much (HANS device limits movement side-to-side as well). Mirror placement is critical to being able to see all around you. Some race cars have essentially an entire row of mirrors overhead all placed at various angles to help see all around the car.
You have to make split second decisions regarding passing/being passed while going at speeds way in excess that you'd ever see on the street. Plus, these situations come up multiple times per lap, not several times in a entire drive. I typically do endurance races (9 or 12 hour races) and have been in the car up to 3 hours straight. It's hyper critical to remain focused the entire time. Your life and someone else's depends on it - no different in the street.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope this is helpful to someone. My wife loves the placement of the mirrors and now hates it when the mirrors aren't set properly. I've gotten a few buddies to change them as well and they now love it (at first it was very weird, but they got used to it).
Old 07-11-2020, 09:03 PM
artsd
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RDG_RCR
Timing is everything, and unfortunately it’s not on my side. Check out the build sheet!

https://www.espimotors.com/inventory...T-140,190MSRP/
Wow, unless pictures of this car show up on Copart, this looks like a great deal to me.
Love the red/beige and the options.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991