Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 AM
slimmn
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bradskiba
yep, same, getting divorced, dropped it off at this fake shipping company and you don't have to see the car because you have 5 days to return it. lol. hopefully these people get busted because I'm sure some people are dumb enough to believe their website.
LOL...I got the same response, from two separate listing. Led them on but got bored after a while. Reported to autotrader but never heard back from them.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:38 PM
kakakaxqwe
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like a good deal for a c2s for anyone interested,
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1434...FHbnVrNW1OUiJ9

The following 2 users liked this post by kakakaxqwe:
Arrowsigns (06-23-2020), vtgt (06-22-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 06:28 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,274 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by vahallo
#TeamYellow all the way
Love my Racing Yellow Carrera T! Cheers me up even on the dullest day!
Old 06-23-2020, 11:21 PM
greggcoff
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

delete
Old 06-23-2020, 11:23 PM
greggcoff
Rennlist Member

very good on both! I honestly dont know why the car sat for so long, but I guess COVID can cause crazy situations. Southern California, there are tons and tons of 911s around here, so maybe a saturated market had something to do with it.

amazing purchase and congrats!

was that the yellow car at dealer in santa ana? has yellow seat belts?
Old 06-24-2020, 04:00 AM
vahallo
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greggcoff
amazing purchase and congrats!

was that the yellow car at dealer in santa ana? has yellow seat belts?
yep! You in the area? I’m in Irvine. Honestly I was a little worried about the fact that it was sitting on there lot for so long, but after inspecting it and driving it all the concerns went away. They even gave me a 50% warranty for a month which was nice. They’re honestly very very nice dudes that work there. They’re having some trouble with finances right now, he was telling me about it, so I think that’s why they took my offer, I was surprised honestly.

were you looking at that one too? I saw you were in the market. Did you take a look at it? Hopefully you didn’t see anything I didn’t catch and I didn’t make a mistake there were some minor paint things that I noticed, but most of the front panels had a clear bra that saved the paint from the “scratches” I saw. A few little knicks here and there but nothing I really cared too much about.

Last edited by vahallo; 06-24-2020 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:59 PM
greggcoff
Rennlist Member

yep! You in the area? I’m in Irvine. Honestly I was a little worried about the fact that it was sitting on there lot for so long, but after inspecting it and driving it all the concerns went away. They even gave me a 50% warranty for a month which was nice. They’re honestly very very nice dudes that work there. They’re having some trouble with finances right now, he was telling me about it, so I think that’s why they took my offer, I was surprised honestly.

were you looking at that one too? I saw you were in the market. Did you take a look at it? Hopefully you didn’t see anything I didn’t catch and I didn’t make a mistake there were some minor paint things that I noticed, but most of the front panels had a clear bra that saved the paint from the “scratches” I saw. A few little knicks here and there but nothing I really cared too much about.

oh, that's awesome. yes, I'm in Manhattan Beach and saw it online and was interested / had it on my list. similar to you, I had reservations about it sitting for so long but amazing you got such a deal. COVID discount FTW and their loss is your gain!

drive it, enjoy it, and congrats again!

Old 06-24-2020, 02:16 PM
vahallo
AutoX

Originally Posted by greggcoff
oh, that's awesome. yes, I'm in Manhattan Beach and saw it online and was interested / had it on my list. similar to you, I had reservations about it sitting for so long but amazing you got such a deal. COVID discount FTW and their loss is your gain!

drive it, enjoy it, and congrats again!
Thanks! They got the car from auction from Phillip's Auto in newport, which is like one of the premiere porsche indy dealerships, so I know if it was from phillips auto it was a good car because they don't take bad cars in.
The following users liked this post:
greggcoff (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 07:48 PM
slimmn
Instructor

very good on both! I honestly dont know why the car sat for so long, but I guess COVID can cause crazy situations. Southern California, there are tons and tons of 911s around here, so maybe a saturated market had something to do with it.
Tons, eh? I searched on various websites, and didn't really see anything that fits my budget. My selection (C2S, PDK, SC, mileage) and budget is very similar to yours. Will consider coupe or cabriolet. Can you share your secret? You can PM me if you prefer.I'm in MN and can fly out there to close the deal if I have to. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:58 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 462 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by slimmn
Tons, eh? I searched on various websites, and didn't really see anything that fits my budget. My selection (C2S, PDK, SC, mileage) and budget is very similar to yours. Will consider coupe or cabriolet. Can you share your secret? You can PM me if you prefer.I'm in MN and can fly out there to close the deal if I have to. Thanks.
My search started with www.autotempest.com. You can set parameters of exactly what you're looking for (including all the options you're looking for).
They pull in multiple channels to one location to make your search quick and easy (cars.com, ebay, carguru.com etc.)

I also used the Porsche Pre-Owned website. It lists cars from dealers all over the country. Most are CPO's.
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/

These sources are pretty comprehensive for sure. I'm not sure what else can be done to search.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:14 PM
slimmn
Instructor

Originally Posted by rugu6869
My search started with www.autotempest.com. You can set parameters of exactly what you're looking for (including all the options you're looking for).
They pull in multiple channels to one location to make your search quick and easy (cars.com, ebay, carguru.com etc.)

I also used the Porsche Pre-Owned website. It lists cars from dealers all over the country. Most are CPO's.
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/

These sources are pretty comprehensive for sure. I'm not sure what else can be done to search.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually just learned about autotempest a few days ago from this thread. It's most helpful pulling from craigslist....that got really tiring. I did search at autoguru and autotrader too. Guess I'm doing it correctly then. The search continues.

Last edited by slimmn; 06-24-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-25-2020, 04:29 AM
vahallo
AutoX

Originally Posted by slimmn
I mean tons of porsches around here in general, not necessarily for sale in my price range.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:30 AM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 462 Likes on 299 Posts

I saw this one listed. It's not CPO (three owners - one for only 2 months), but it's also about $7K cheaper than anything else with this kind of mileage.
If I were looking to spend around $90K, I'd be all over this.
2017 Miami Blue C2S, manual, slick roof, 15K miles, MSRP $120,420.
https://www.westmontporsche.com/used...efca49ca53.htm

This same dealer has a CPO car for $98K. MSRP $119,805.
2017 GBM C2S, manual, slick roof, 13K miles.
https://www.westmontporsche.com/used...9b54c575d1.htm
Old 06-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 294 Posts

$75K and no wheels, but it hovers!
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/...Edition-166696

Old 06-25-2020, 05:23 PM
greggcoff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Catharpin