Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what about compensation to Nick for having to drive his lemon car while they tried to fix it? his time, the inconvenience he suffered and the loss of peaceful and quiet enjoyment of an extremely expensive car?

I am amazed that this is happening in the US.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm great, thanks! Hope you are as well! My ban over there was a long time in the making... Jason and I just don't play well together, and I was pushing it. It's his forum, his rules.

OP: sorry for the thread-jack.

Originally Posted by ColdList
Haha! I was wondering what happened to you and then saw your name on here tonight! How are you man?

You don't know the half of it. After the first crazy thread got shut down just before 1,000 replies we started a second. Then it got locked right away. Then a few other guys started them then finally the admin just started a whole sub forum called "M5 vs.". It's the most active art of the whole board-lol! Our big thread is called "Dark Side-Light Side...I Don't Really Know Anymore" It's hilarious! Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's never gonna stop!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

617,500 views now on youtube. Yikes! I have a feeling it might be a busy day at PCNA today.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This video at 600k views in 2 days
Porsche would want it down as part of any settlement
Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by stealthboy
617,500 views now on youtube. Yikes! I have a feeling it might be a busy day at PCNA today.
I would not underestimate their arrogance. Kinda sad that it had to come to this, but I seriously doubt anybody who is looking to buy a new 911 will be really influenced by these videos or story.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Had a situation which gave me the choice of arbitration vs lawsuit. In my mind
I couldn't figure out why I needed to arbitrate - I did nothing wrong.

The judge proved me right.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:25 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Originally Posted by sfo
what about compensation to Nick for having to drive his lemon car while they tried to fix it? his time, the inconvenience he suffered and the loss of peaceful and quiet enjoyment of an extremely expensive car?

I am amazed that this is happening in the US.
yup. Porsche isnt just a car co, its a luxury/lifestyle co that sells cars based on its reputation.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
pvr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It reached UK car forums as well, similar sort of response as to the GT3 issue.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
There are two sides to every story. I'm a little dismayed that many have been so quick to denounce Porsche, a brand that has built an enviable reputation based on years of customer satisfaction. One guy with a camera isn't going to change that for me. I'll trust my experience, thank you very much.

Lemon laws are sufficient to render a fair judgement to both sides. This case belongs in arbitration proceedings, not the internet, where only one side is presented. And while you're cheering this mudfest, consider that some of it might stick to the resale value of your second largest purchase.
Good for you. So I suppose Nick taking on Porsche doesn't benefit you at all right? If Nick doesn't get any resolution from Porsche then I hope for your own sake (because that's all that matters right) that your 991 doesn't eat ****.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Good for you. So I suppose Nick taking on Porsche doesn't benefit you at all right? If Nick doesn't get any resolution from Porsche then I hope for your own sake (because that's all that matters right) that your 991 doesn't eat ****.
LOL! Agreed.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should see what ppl are posting on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Porsche
Porsche reputation taking a beating over a few basterds at the dealership and PCNA

"Stop jerking you're customers around. You are changing childhood dreams with your actions, and causing people like myself, who has had the goal of owning one of your cars in my life time to reconsider."

Name:  MmDi01f.png
Views: 13
Size:  303.5 KB

"Hi, how much is the musical window extra, since the foot spa is out of my budget."
Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
There are two sides to every story. I'm a little dismayed that many have been so quick to denounce Porsche, a brand that has built an enviable reputation based on years of customer satisfaction. One guy with a camera isn't going to change that for me. I'll trust my experience, thank you very much.

Lemon laws are sufficient to render a fair judgement to both sides. This case belongs in arbitration proceedings, not the internet, where only one side is presented. And while you're cheering this mudfest, consider that some of it might stick to the resale value of your second largest purchase.
There are two sides to every story, yes... Porsche's side is that they know they supplied a lemon, thus the offer to buy it back. If he'd done anything to contribute to the cause (ie. mods) they wouldn't put a cent on the table so it's fair to assume Nick hasn't. They also want a discount for their non-effort by short changing this guy. So in their eyes whilst they failed Nick in not providing what he paid for, he should also have to pay a price for months of inconvenience and heartache in getting around in a **** heap??? I think not... He should get every last dime he paid for that **** heap AND a nice $10k voucher to put towards a new car purchase should he ever decide to spend another dime with them... The least they could do to compensate his deplorable experience to date...
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
There are two sides to every story, yes... Porsche's side is that they know they supplied a lemon, thus the offer to buy it back. If he'd done anything to contribute to the cause (ie. mods) they wouldn't put a cent on the table so it's fair to assume Nick hasn't. They also want a discount for their non-effort by short changing this guy. So in their eyes whilst they failed Nick in not providing what he paid for, he should also have to pay a price for months of inconvenience and heartache in getting around in a **** heap??? I think not... He should get every last dime he paid for that **** heap AND a nice $10k voucher to put towards a new car purchase should he ever decide to spend another dime with them... The least they could do to compensate his deplorable experience to date...
well said!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have zero sympathy for porsche. they (VAG) don't give a **** about you personally and if you want to engage in social media and reap the benefits that come with it, don't act like a bitch when it goes the other way. never f&*$ with your consumers especially enthusiastic ones. i just asked my dealership why i should be plunking $150k+ down on a vehicle that, in the event something goes catastrophically wrong, doesn't appear to have support from PCNA to rectify sufficiently?
Old 04-17-2014, 11:08 AM
roadrat
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

http://jalopnik.com/

top of the page

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video