Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
You didn't read my post. Lemon laws provide resolution. Why hasn't Nick accepted it? Porsche doesn't have a choice but to participate. It's Nick who's refusing the process because he wants more than what the law provides and he's attempting to force that through bludgeoning Porsche's reputation with a camera.

Seriously, it's amazing that so many have heard one side vs. your collective years of presumed satisfaction with Porsche. The solution is assured through lemon laws -- this is consumer legislation and it has been around for years.

I wouldn't want many of you on a jury -- you'll convict after the opening statement of the prosecutor.
Nicely put.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteHotPepper
Here is my 2 cents
35 years of Porsche ownership...
4 911's and 1 Cayenne...
Was going to buy a Macan...
Not any more!
The GT3 Fiasco and now Nicks Fiasco...
Lexus here I come
Jeff
I agree with this. I think there are a lot of people like us who could certainly buy another one, but are thinking twice now. P better get their act together and give people some 'value added'. I'll be interested to see if Nick can keep talking about this once the 'agreement' is signed. I have noticed that in many stories like this the original poster disappears, and wonder if this is b/c of non disclosure agreements...
Jim
Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^^^^
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Xaerran
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good Luck Nick!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I agree with this. I think there are a lot of people like us who could certainly buy another one, but are thinking twice now. P better get their act together and give people some 'value added'. I'll be interested to see if Nick can keep talking about this once the 'agreement' is signed. I have noticed that in many stories like this the original poster disappears, and wonder if this is b/c of non disclosure agreements...
Jim
Well, if they're smart and don't let lawyers run the show, they would want Nick to talk about how well PCNA resolved the issue. IMHO that is the only way to repair this - resolve it to Nick's expectations and beyond *and* let Nick share how happy he is with the resolution. To have him just "disappear" from forums because of some agreement would still leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
To have him just "disappear" from forums because of some agreement would still leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.
Keep a close eye out for a new guy on the forum sporting a blonde wig with a funny accent.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Roadrat -

http://jalopnik.com/

top of the page
You're welcome

Best of luck to Nick, from a fellow Aussie and 991 owner.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercel
I think Nick WAS refusing the process -- the arbitration was scheduled next week yet he timed a new video yesterday ahead of it? Sounds like he wanted something more than what he knew the law provides. Hmmm, that sounds like something that goes by a different name.

As for taking the side of Porsche: I'm neutral because I don't have all the facts. Neither do you.
At some point it may occur to you that Nick isn't the only Porsche owner who has gone through a ton of grief with his/her "dream" car. (Yes, I eventually came back to the fold and bought another one, but it took twenty years before I trusted Porsche enough to do so.)

Lemon law arbitration, as has been explained numerous times, involves a long, drawn-out process that results in arguably incomplete compensation. The strict remedies prescribed by law may be fine for a Cobalt owner, but as Porsche customers we have been led to expect better service. A standard of "excellence," if you will. What Nick experienced is not "excellence," I don't care how many gory details he's holding back.

It's a classic example of asymmetrical warfare. If my check to the dealership had bounced, you can bet that the Powers That Be wouldn't indulge my failure to deliver by letting me prorate their recovery and drag it out by several months. I would very quickly find myself in a world of legal and financial pain. But the rules are different on the other side of the desk.

Fortunately, as the manufacturers rely more on social media to maintain their reputation and build desire for their products, the asymmetries of the past are changing. Auto manufacturers need to be utterly terrified of the consequences of handling a customer-service issue the way they handled this one. Who but an auto manufacturer could possibly have a problem with that?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
At some point it may occur to you that Nick isn't the only Porsche owner who has gone through a ton of grief with his/her "dream" car. (Yes, I eventually came back to the fold and bought another one, but it took twenty years before I trusted Porsche enough to do so.)

Lemon law arbitration, as has been explained numerous times, involves a long, drawn-out process that results in arguably incomplete compensation. The strict remedies prescribed by law may be fine for a Cobalt owner, but as Porsche customers we have been led to expect better service. A standard of "excellence," if you will. What Nick experienced is not "excellence," I don't care how many gory details he's holding back.

It's a classic example of asymmetrical warfare. If my check to the dealership had bounced, you can bet that the Powers That Be wouldn't indulge my failure to deliver by letting me prorate their recovery and drag it out by several months. I would very quickly find myself in a world of legal and financial pain. But the rules are different on the other side of the desk.

Fortunately, as the manufacturers rely more on social media to maintain their reputation and build desire for their products, the asymmetries of the past are changing. Auto manufacturers need to be utterly terrified of the consequences of handling a customer-service issue the way they handled this one. Who but an auto manufacturer could possibly have a problem with that?

Insert golf clap! Very well put.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I was going to say the same thing! Thank you.....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:20 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

At some point it may occur to you that Nick isn't the only Porsche owner who has gone through a ton of grief with his/her "dream" car. (Yes, I eventually came back to the fold and bought another one, but it took twenty years before I trusted Porsche enough to do so.) Lemon law arbitration, as has been explained numerous times, involves a long, drawn-out process that results in arguably incomplete compensation. The strict remedies prescribed by law may be fine for a Cobalt owner, but as Porsche customers we have been led to expect better service. A standard of "excellence," if you will. What Nick experienced is not "excellence," I don't care how many gory details he's holding back. It's a classic example of asymmetrical warfare. If my check to the dealership had bounced, you can bet that the Powers That Be wouldn't indulge my failure to deliver by letting me prorate their recovery and drag it out by several months. I would very quickly find myself in a world of legal and financial pain. But the rules are different on the other side of the desk. Fortunately, as the manufacturers rely more on social media to maintain their reputation and build desire for their products, the asymmetries of the past are changing. Auto manufacturers need to be utterly terrified of the consequences of handling a customer-service issue the way they handled this one. Who but an auto manufacturer could possibly have a problem with that?

Very well put!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would bypass Porsche N. America and go straight to the factory video and all.

Good luck Nick!

Best,
Paul
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 PM
mti
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in thinking about buying a C2S and actually came across Nick's video on youtube while looking at review videos of the 911... then I saw the other video (Part 2) and decided to see if the issue he had were common and ended up perusing this forum only to find his first thread about the issues. I have been following this ever since and I find it difficult to understand Porsche's behavior granted we only know one side of the story.

Point is I'm honestly really disappointed and scared of spending hard earn money and get thrown a lemon and treated in such a manner. I'm rethinking the entire thing. Sigh...
Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 PM
p993c4
Advanced

This is really amazing. I have followed Nick's videos and comments; a true Porsche enthusiast, who will probably leave Porsche ownership for a very long time. I'm an 993 owner, who has planned to buy a 991 (without selling my 993). Nick's experience doesn't surely represent the general 991 quality level, but anyway... In the turbo forum, there are some corresponding experience, maybe not as bad as Nick's experience, but anyway...wow...

Last edited by p993c4; 04-18-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Mercel
Advanced

This will be my last comment, as no amount of reasoning will overcome the "Stick it to the Man" sentiment. What you're really saying is the end justifies the means. We can agree to disagree on that.

Simply, we don't know what Porsche offered and Nick isn't saying either. To conclude that Porsche is the "enemy" is premature and a bridge too far for me.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video