Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Is there some reason Nick is afraid to use the the Lemon Law remedy in his state? Porsche is bound by the decision the of the lemon law arbitrators, which will result in a refund or a replacement vehicle. Posting videos is a good way to gain sympathy and perhaps diminish the brand world wide but does not solve his problem. Nick is not the first person to have an non fixable problem with a car. That is why the lemon law was created. You don't even have to have a lawyer to file. I think this whole problem could have been resolved months ago had he went this route. Just my 2 cents.
The issue with the lemon law is that arbitration is the final step and takes months to get to that point. It's obvious to everyone that his car is a lemon, and the lemon law will eventually work out in his favor. However, Porsche NA and his dealer both know that his car is a lemon, and they should have done something about it long ago rather than making him drive it after haphazard repairs and numerous dangerous break downs.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nick, i feel sick after watching your video.

I have referred countless of people to Porsche, whom ended up purchasing cayeene/ panameras because i had great cars / customer service / reliable etc.

You can rest assure i wont be referring Porsche car to friends/ colleagues again. My next car won't be a Panamera like i intended.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nmurray22
No LL arbitration is next Friday, I would just have liked PCNA to come to the party without having to go through that.
I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche offered you a replacement car a day before arbitration. Either way, I think you problem will be resolved satisfactorily by Friday. Good Luck!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Nick wanted to be a real annoyance he could have as many videos come up on all of the search engines organically... With titles that would maker any perspective buyer play......
Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

penny smart and pound foolish on PNC end
Old 04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Not that Nick needs to answer but I would be interested to know if he would even take a new car at this point or just get his $$$ and try another brand....................
Old 04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
You can rest assure i wont be referring Porsche car to friends/ colleagues again. My next car won't be a Panamera like i intended.
Case in point, can you imagine Elon Musk putting a Tesla owner through this? He'd show up at Nick's house with a screwdriver in one hand and a check in the other, and ask him what he wants to do.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Case in point, can you imagine Elon Musk putting a Tesla owner through this? He'd show up at Nick's house with a screwdriver in one hand and a check in the other, and ask him what he wants to do.
given the nature and size of telsa vs porsche/vag, this comparison is not even worth discussing.

if you think other brands don't do the same thing in isolated cases, I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

Not buying a car you like because of such an incident is stupid.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:01 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL funny/ironic. I'm a Tesla owner and I love it. Great customer service. Maybe because i'm in the bay area / signature model ? Who knows.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

sorry, maybe its the contractor in me but it seems too bizarre for a profit-seeking company to engage in this kind of behaviour especially given the circumstances and capabilities of the customer. since this is a public thread, i think it needs another side. yes, this is almost too weird to believe, sorry Nick. and yes, i attribute some of the blame in this incident to yourself because you were indeed too patient and NOT profane. maybe by posting videos prior to unsuccessful negotiation you compromised future discussions?? (if they have anything that can be negotiated at this point!)?

i'm not sure.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
given the nature and size of telsa vs porsche/vag, this comparison is not even worth discussing.

if you think other brands don't do the same thing in isolated cases, I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.

Not buying a car you like because of such an incident is stupid.
Market cap of VAG = about 94 billon USD (May 2013 figure)
Market cap of TSLA = about 24 billion USD
Number of models produced by VAG = Probably close to 100 (I can't find a source on this one)
Number of models produced by TSLA: One

Any other questions?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Nick,

How about the new Jag F Type R..?? 550 HP and a beaut of a car for 100k
Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Market cap of VAG = about 94 billon USD (May 2013 figure) Market cap of TSLA = about 24 billion USD Number of models produced by VAG = Probably close to 100 (I can't find a source on this one) Number of models produced by TSLA: One Any other questions?
It's just the value of issued shares. Take a look at the reserves, and profit (including margins). So no, you can't compare those companies. Nice try though.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 991999R
sorry, maybe its the contractor in me but it seems too bizarre for a profit-seeking company to engage in this kind of behaviour especially given the circumstances and capabilities of the customer. since this is a public thread, i think it needs another side. yes, this is almost too weird to believe, sorry Nick. and yes, i attribute some of the blame in this incident to yourself because you were indeed too patient and NOT profane. maybe by posting videos prior to unsuccessful negotiation you compromised future discussions?? (if they have anything that can be negotiated at this point!)?

i'm not sure.
I also worry that it is a little unfair that I only tell my side of the story with PCNA must have their own view and issue with me.

I have been back and forth on whether or not to show all, some or parts of the email correspondence from PCNA throughout this mess. That in my eyes is the most interesting/entertaining/alarming piece of this whole saga. I really hope I can do that at some point without getting myself in legal hot water because you guys will just not believe it.

It's like dealing with an angry schizophrenic, one email is all apologies and promises to put things right no matter what it takes and an hour later it can be strong insistence that I need to take their advice or things will turn bad for me. Something is going on in the background I don't get to see and I have no clue what that might be. The cost of this to their PR is so much more than the few thousand they are niggling over.

Oh well we can just do our best and hope for the best.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
It's just the value of issued shares. Take a look at the reserves, and profit (including margins). So no, you can't compare those companies. Nice try though.
you can compare anything you want which is what i think is the point of this exercise...its a comparison but a very weak one. Noah you made some good business points on this thread but this is definitely not one of them. one's a producer the other is a hobby (i definitely do not mean that as a pejorative as i do respect tesla greatly but its the only way i know how to emphasize "comparison" between the two)

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video