Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Right on! Marketing is what I do and I was thinking the exact same thing. The anger finally got some attention to this subject and that headline is brilliant. It will get massive exposure (and GUARANTEED some attention from Porsche). On M5 Post we have a sub-forum called "M5 vs." where us Porsche guys have a record thread (approx. 1,400 replies and counting) going and one guy just started a thread titled "Remind me not to buy a Porsche anytime soon." Word needs to get out because it either hasn't gotten to the right person at Porsche just yet or they outright don't care. I hope this helps Nick. Has to be about the nicest guy on the planet.
Lol! That M5 vs. 911 thread got me banned.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 PM
ebling
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
This has, in 1-day, gone viral around the World.

Wow ya.. facebook page is taking a hammering.. as it should.. I mean really..

Looking forward to see how this unfolds.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Right on! Marketing is what I do and I was thinking the exact same thing. The anger finally got some attention to this subject and that headline is brilliant. It will get massive exposure (and GUARANTEED some attention from Porsche). On M5 Post we have a sub-forum called "M5 vs." where us Porsche guys have a record thread (approx. 1,400 replies and counting) going and one guy just started a thread titled "Remind me not to buy a Porsche anytime soon." Word needs to get out because it either hasn't gotten to the right person at Porsche just yet or they outright don't care. I hope this helps Nick. Has to be about the nicest guy on the planet.
Agree. This thing must have been stuck in middle management. It got big fast, so now they're busy covering their own asses and distancing themselves from it. It will sit there until someone on the exec team sees what's going on.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Lol! That M5 vs. 911 thread got me banned.
Haha! I was wondering what happened to you and then saw your name on here tonight! How are you man?

You don't know the half of it. After the first crazy thread got shut down just before 1,000 replies we started a second. Then it got locked right away. Then a few other guys started them then finally the admin just started a whole sub forum called "M5 vs.". It's the most active art of the whole board-lol! Our big thread is called "Dark Side-Light Side...I Don't Really Know Anymore" It's hilarious! Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's never gonna stop!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:08 PM
ebling
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Flowmacks
Agree. This thing must have been stuck in middle management. It got big fast, so now they're busy covering their own asses and distancing themselves from it. It will sit there until someone on the exec team sees what's going on.
Whoever was handling this will hopefully get torn a new *******. Porsche definitely is.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

This is now the number one video on reddit /r/videos with a score of 4945. For anyone not on reddit, this is a big deal.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
This is now the number one video on reddit /r/videos with a score of 4945. For anyone not on reddit, this is a big deal.
Yeah, it's blowing up over there.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 PM
ebling
Intermediate

Not sure if this has been posted yet, found it on 6 speed.
"I emailed Jason Nelson, their manager of customer commitment. Here's his response. None of us (besides Nick and Jason) know both sides of this story.

Mr. Gois,

Thank you very much for sharing your concern. Since I cannot divulge the details of a confidential offer between ourselves and another customer I can only tell you that we believe we have gone above and beyond to provide Mr. Murray with what is fair, much more than what the law provides in his situation. He has asked for additional concessions which I felt were unreasonable and could not oblige.

Please understand that you are dealing with only one side of a story and I assure you Mr. Murray has left out a number of important details in his video. We take our commitment to our customers very seriously and we deal with every one of them in a fair and equitable manner. We step up to our responsibility when it is required of us and have done no different in this case.

Thank you again for reaching out to me directly. We stand at your service should you require any assistance with your Porsche vehicles.

Jason Nelson
Manager, Customer Commitment
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Dr, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328

phone: 770 290 3446
fax: 770 290 3583
email: jason.nelson@porsche.us"
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I had to come back here to report this if it wasn't already said. This is insane and blew up way bigger than I thought it ever would. (Which is great! But WOW.)

Some user said that Nick bought "a Nine-A-Lemon." Haha!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm I wonder what he claims I have missed out. It is pretty straight forward.

I have not named names or given details because that would be stepping over the line. The offer on the table is money back minus a percentage for the miles I have covered. How much they take off is really what I am pressing them on.

Maybe that is unreasonable, but all things considered I think not. I have no idea what I would get if I take it to litigation but I think I will find out next week.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

#1 on main page
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:14 AM
RichardC
Instructor

Over 170,000 views now.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:24 AM
blinsc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about two months out from taking delivery of my first Porsche and someone texted me the Facebook "Recent Posts" link for Porsche with the message "You still want a Porsche?!"

I clicked it... saw a couple posts load... then my phone locked up. I've loaded the same page on my PC while my phone reboots and tried to scroll to the end of the posts... I'm still scrolling... holy moly this thing blew up!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is blowing up nicely. Luv the grassroots effort.

Lets keep it going. Soon Nick will be invited to Leno's Garage.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

PCNA has to be aware of the fallout of this by now. If just 10 people pass on buying a Porsche due to this, and I'll bet it's more than than that, that's $230k in profit loss based on average profit/car sale.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video