Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
You sir need to watch ALL of the videos and read the entire saga.
Well my goodness, alright then.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
He is going to arbitration next week.
He was simply hoping to resolve it with Scumbag AG ahead of time and in a more civilized manner...
In a more civilized manner than arbitration? Lol, okay. Anyway, I'm aware of how close Nick's arbitration date is -- hence my query.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:09 PM
hzoenvy33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Car Throttle" (at least 231k Facebook Followers) has the story.

http://www.carthrottle.com/this-hila...-a-must-watch/

Let's see what is going to happen next...
Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
Well my goodness, alright then.

This was the video that Nick showed true frustration... Long overdue imo

Before I ordered my car I watched his reviews and his demos helped me decide on options and got me excited about my purchase...

In the beginning he was rolling with the issues like they were no big deal..

And if they were fixed he would have been totally cool...................

After the car stopped in the fast lane in the pouring rain that would have been the last straw for me...... But Nick gave them more chances.....

Thank God noboby was hurt when that happened.........................

Let the lawyers handle it from here on out... Get your money back and then some and find a car you can enjoy with your hard earned money............
Old 04-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Best of luck to Nick, makes my ordeal with my wife's 328 HT Conv. very tame in comparison. To this day I won't set foot in the Nashville BMW dealership.

Hugely disappointed in PCNA over this.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:27 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Nick, I saw your video on Reddit today - it really made me sad. I'm a huge Porsche fan (on my 5th) and I hate to see your experience with the marque ruined like this.

Like others in the thread I am most disappointed with how PCNA is handling this. You have a clear lemon here, and they should make it right by ordering a new car with the same exact specs, and putting you in a nice loaner while you wait for it to arrive. (That's what I'd want anyway, in your shoes.)

It seems to me most of the problems stemmed from the bad harness shorting out and killing electrical subsystems...then all the other issues of parts falling off and leaks were introduced by incorrect disassembly/reassembly during repairs.

Most of all I feel for you having saved five years to get your dream car and instead having this terrible experience.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

To be fair I do understand where Nicoli35 is coming from, I never wanted to be ugly about this.

I have tried and tried to keep calm about this but PCNA behavior towards me has broken me as late and I need to stand up for myself and hit back but at the same time be fair and just tell it like I see it. No need to lie or name names or make threats.

I hope people understand this. I am not normally someone that goes around saying F this and F that.

I also worry that it is a little unfair that I only tell my side of the story with PCNA must have their own view and issue with me.

I have been back and forth on whether or not to show all, some or parts of the email correspondence from PCNA throughout this mess. That in my eyes is the most interesting/entertaining/alarming piece of this whole saga. I really hope I can do that at some point without getting myself in legal hot water because you guys will just not believe it.

It's like dealing with an angry schizophrenic, one email is all apologies and promises to put things right no matter what it takes and an hour later it can be strong insistence that I need to take their advice or things will turn bad for me. Something is going on in the background I don't get to see and I have no clue what that might be. The cost of this to their PR is so much more than the few thousand they are niggling over.

Oh well we can just do our best and hope for the best.

Thank you everyone for your support.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:15 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Remember one of my posts where I said Porsche could face a social media **** storm over this?

Its beginning PCNA! Motoring Middle East has just picked this up and I wonder what will happen once Jalopnik does?

http://www.motoringme.com/meet-world...est-911-owner/
I think Nick should be pissed, but fair or not, Nicoli has a point.

Because of the swearing and sarcastic tone in the latest video, it was picked up by Motoring Middle East and titled "Meet The World's Angriest Porsche Owner"

Yes, he should be angry. Yes, Nick is entitled to be upset.

Thing is, and I think this is Nicoli's point, is when you ARE right, swearing and coming across as angry doesn't add value to your message. Instead, it diminishes it.

Minus the swearing and sarcastic overtones, maybe it would have been titled "Meet The Poor Guy That Porsche Is Screwing Over Royally" instead of The Worlds Angriest.

I know which title I find more sympathetic.

All that aside, Nick got screwed and I understand his anger. Better to keep your composure and leave the foul language out or lest the focus be on that, rather than your important message
Old 04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

^^^Bollocks...

I also know which " TITLE " sells better and why they chose to use it...
Old 04-16-2014, 02:28 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

To each his own.

This swearing debate reminds me of an old tale:

An old bull and a young bull are standing on a bluff overlooking a field of cows.

The excited young bull says, "Hey, why don't we run down there real quick and f*&^ one of the cows?!?"

The older bull casually looks at him and replies "Why don't we just walk down there and f*&^ them all...?"
Old 04-16-2014, 02:33 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Angry is okay.

If the dealer or PCNA has any sense, they will never let this get to the lemon law position because that means they have admitted abject failure in doing the one thing they were paid (handsomely) to do: deliver on a promise.

I can appreciate that cars are complicated things. No manufacturer is perfect. I dont even begrudge Porsche for making a car that just never worked. Things happen and the world is an imperfect place. But its how you represent yourself and own a problem that defines who you are -- or who you are not.

Nick has been exceedingly gracious in all of this. His car reviews and features walk-through were the mark of a true enthusiast attempting to embrace his problematic car with Porsche spirit. I watch his Canon videos b/c I love Canon stuff too. And I follow his chopper vids. Hes as reasonable and grounded as they come. The man has earned the editorial license to drop a couple f-bombs.

One more thing: Nick ordered his car specific to his tastes. Even a car off the lot will not make him whole again. He deserves to order a new car to his tastes with a credit based on the MSRP of his lemon car, and if the powers-that-be are "in this to win this", they will provide him a Cayman, 911, Boxster, etc for him to drive -- gratis -- until his new car is built and delivered. Then when its all over, the dealer and a PCNA rep brings Nick into the brand and allows him to speak about his experience directly to those that are paid to monitor these things so they can learn how to better handle a situation like this in the future.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there some reason Nick is afraid to use the the Lemon Law remedy in his state? Porsche is bound by the decision the of the lemon law arbitrators, which will result in a refund or a replacement vehicle. Posting videos is a good way to gain sympathy and perhaps diminish the brand world wide but does not solve his problem. Nick is not the first person to have an non fixable problem with a car. That is why the lemon law was created. You don't even have to have a lawyer to file. I think this whole problem could have been resolved months ago had he went this route. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:53 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
To each his own. This swearing debate reminds me of an old tale: An old bull and a young bull are standing on a bluff overlooking a field of cows. The excited young bull says, "Hey, why don't we run down there real quick and f*&^ one of the cows?!?" The older bull casually looks at him and replies "Why don't we just walk down there and f*&^ them all...?"
Obviously my comment wasn't related to the kind of language Nick should be using in his videos or which approach would be more effective. I won't comment on that having watched his past videos and knowing he's been beyond reasonable. I believe you haven't watched all his past videos...but I might be wrong.
Anyway,my comment was strictly related to your statement that that particular publication would have used a different title,more compelling,had Nick would've used another approach. I am of the opinion that they still would've used that particular title because I know how publications think and act when it comes to what " sells " better.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
Is there some reason Nick is afraid to use the the Lemon Law remedy in his state? Porsche is bound by the decision the of the lemon law arbitrators, which will result in a refund or a replacement vehicle. Posting videos is a good way to gain sympathy and perhaps diminish the brand world wide but does not solve his problem. Nick is not the first person to have an non fixable problem with a car. That is why the lemon law was created. You don't even have to have a lawyer to file. I think this whole problem could have been resolved months ago had he went this route. Just my 2 cents.
No LL arbitration is next Friday, I would just have liked PCNA to come to the party without having to go through that.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I think Nick should be pissed, but fair or not, Nicoli has a point. Because of the swearing and sarcastic tone in the latest video, it was picked up by Motoring Middle East and titled "Meet The World's Angriest Porsche Owner" Yes, he should be angry. Yes, Nick is entitled to be upset. Thing is, and I think this is Nicoli's point, is when you ARE right, swearing and coming across as angry doesn't add value to your message. Instead, it diminishes it.
Can't disagree more. The language brands the message. Without it, the message would be lost in the noise floor.

If I were Nick, I'd actively be looking to trademark "The World's Angriest Porsche Owner." It's not much of an exaggeration to say that a more media-savvy guy could earn the car's price back on YouTube. PCNA should thank their lucky stars that they don't appear to be dealing with someone who's inclined to make them look really bad.

And another thing... if I were a brand manager at any number of luxury marques from Aston-Martin to Cadillac, I'd be paying very close attention, looking for an opportunity to jump in and make my own brand look good at Porsche's expense.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video