Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 12:32 PM
Cityfisher
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Purchasing early is very important, especially before 10,000 miles - the highest term optiona will disappear, specifically the 11 year, 10 year and 8 year terms - after 10,000 miles, you’ll see 84 months as the max term available, and at a MUCH higher cost.

Locking in before 10k is for sure the best scenario.

To obtain a free quote, please use the following link: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com
Do you offer any warranty options for Canadians?
Old 01-22-2024, 12:52 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 341 Posts

There are a couple requirements for Canadian residents that do not apply to US customers, you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 and we can see if you qualify.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 01-22-2024, 07:01 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Cityfisher
Do you offer any warranty options for Canadians?
So sorry, Canadian vehicles are not eligible. US vehicles only.

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 01-23-2024, 02:13 AM
shammas90
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was playing with your online quote Michael, I am in California so I had to choose an Arizona zipcode to get the quote, my car is 2013 Boxter S with 19k miles, but my car is Porsche Certified Pre Owned with unlimited mileage warranty till 1/2026, there is no place to factor that in, would that change anything in the quoted price since my car will be covered by Porsche warranty?
I did read in your previous old posts from 2021 that you can use a different address how it is confirmed to be mine rather than a friend's address?

Old 01-23-2024, 08:26 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by shammas90
I was playing with your online quote Michael, I am in California so I had to choose an Arizona zipcode to get the quote, my car is 2013 Boxter S with 19k miles, but my car is Porsche Certified Pre Owned with unlimited mileage warranty till 1/2026, there is no place to factor that in, would that change anything in the quoted price since my car will be covered by Porsche warranty?
I did read in your previous old posts from 2021 that you can use a different address how it is confirmed to be mine rather than a friend's address?
Great question - the system does not communicate with any outside systems, therefore adding a section for current CPO coverage will not impact any pricing/offerings, rather the system reacts with total vehicle age and current mileage. Current CPO status does not impact the pricing.

And about the address, we’re in the process of updating our Legal Disclaimer section to have the below added - should be added very soon:

“I confirm that the address information provided is accurate and that I am a legal owner of the property.”

What post are you referring to from 2021?

Old 01-23-2024, 01:18 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Highline Autos has no issues providing Fidelity coverage to California residents, I can be reached at tgibson@highline-autos.com (855) 924-1333 for pricing and an example contract that explains coverage.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 01-23-2024 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 03:42 PM
718TT
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking a used 2017 Cayman S

Hello.
I am looking at buying a used cayman S with about 35K miles on it. I’ve used the steingold Volvo link to get a quote on the warranty. I can post numbers if needed, but I’m mostly a bit confused on various tier and why I’d want one vs the other (power train/gold/platinum).

Gold seems to be a really nice sweet spot for me, but how much additionally does the Platinum actually cover? I’ve already called my local Porsche dealers to know they all accept fidelity, so that isn’t a concern.

It seems like reliability on the 718 S is really quite good, so it seems a bit unneeded for me to get one, but I do not know.

Thank you all.

EDIT: maybe to be more clear I should post items that I’m nervous about breaking.

PDK, water pump, axels leaking (seen a few reports of this), radiator getting cracked from a rock (where I live, glass can be included as part of comprehensive for insurance, that is to say, there’s a lot of rocks), vehicle has PDLS+ so I’m nervous about the headlights, also those dynamic engine mounts due to sport chrono/pasm.

I can post my list of what I’ve got, but it seems like either 4 years or 7 years are my best options.

Last edited by 718TT; 02-14-2024 at 03:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (02-15-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 04:25 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me but Platinum is exclusionary coverage, meaning just the things excluded will not be covered. Everything else will be.
Gold is not exclusionary so only the listed items are covered. Not listed=not covered. Have an obscure flux capacitor not listed? Better call Doc because you
can't call Fidelity.

I'd get the Platinum.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZenicaPA:
HelpMeHelpU (02-15-2024), SteingoldVolvoCars (02-19-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 04:27 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
If I'm wrong, someone will correct me but Platinum is exclusionary coverage, meaning just the things excluded will not be covered. Everything else will be.
Gold is not exclusionary so only the listed items are covered. Not listed=not covered. Have an obscure flux capacitor not listed? Better call Doc because you
can't call Fidelity.

I'd get the Platinum.
Correct!
Old 02-14-2024, 04:35 PM
718TT
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
can't call Fidelity.

I'd get the Platinum.
Yes, that I do understand.

I suppose what I’m asking for is examples of what Platinum would cover but Gold wouldn’t.

For instance, I was reading the forums and a user had a claim denied because the underlying cause wasn’t covered. Is that applicable to Platinum vs Gold?

From what I can see, it seems like Gold covers all of the things that I really care about, but I am not sure.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:59 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

I can't speak to that scenario. My claims were all honored and covered, granted I haven't had too many.
Without context it is hard to know why the claim was denied. What was the underlining cause? Was it related to misuse
of the vehicle? Act of god? Theft? Those would all be disqualified underlining causes.

I look at this way, chances are the car has parts for which I couldn't begin to name and wouldn't have any idea if Fidelity's
nomenclature is the same as Porsche's and the same as mine. I prefer not to leave any ambiguity with a part not covered because
it's not listed by Fidelity.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZenicaPA:
HelpMeHelpU (02-15-2024), Highline-Autos.com (02-14-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 02:41 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by 718TT
Hello.
I am looking at buying a used cayman S with about 35K miles on it. I’ve used the steingold Volvo link to get a quote on the warranty. I can post numbers if needed, but I’m mostly a bit confused on various tier and why I’d want one vs the other (power train/gold/platinum).

Gold seems to be a really nice sweet spot for me, but how much additionally does the Platinum actually cover? I’ve already called my local Porsche dealers to know they all accept fidelity, so that isn’t a concern.

It seems like reliability on the 718 S is really quite good, so it seems a bit unneeded for me to get one, but I do not know.

Thank you all.

EDIT: maybe to be more clear I should post items that I’m nervous about breaking.

PDK, water pump, axels leaking (seen a few reports of this), radiator getting cracked from a rock (where I live, glass can be included as part of comprehensive for insurance, that is to say, there’s a lot of rocks), vehicle has PDLS+ so I’m nervous about the headlights, also those dynamic engine mounts due to sport chrono/pasm.

I can post my list of what I’ve got, but it seems like either 4 years or 7 years are my best options.

All the other comments are spot on. I would not want an INCLUSIONARY policy for fear I wouldn't know what I am missing, as others have said.

Most of these policies trade-off between miles and duration, so depending upon how you plan to use the car will influence which way you go. Personally, I would go as long as possible because, well, you never know, and the policy itself may have value to a new buyer...or simply a pro-rata refund for the unused portion.

For my GT4 I bought the longest Platinum policy I wanted to afford.

You mentioned dynamic engine mounts. I had these fail, fortunately under original or CPO warranty, on both a 981 CS and a 991 C4S. I have no idea why they failed, and the Porsche tech wasn't helpful, either. I asked if it was something I did ....or didn't do. The only thing he said was that Porsches are like race horses and do better when they are driven as intended instead of piddling around town.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:49 AM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Hey Steingold, I'm needing a plan(s) for a Taycan, rhyme unintended, are there any discount codes I can apply?

Any way to use Applepay? It might seem trivial but Accepting Applepay awards me 2% instead of the 1%.

Last edited by ZenicaPA; 02-15-2024 at 10:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SteingoldVolvoCars (02-19-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 01:56 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@ZenicaPA We are Fidelity warranty providers as well, with pricing is in line with other Rennlist vendors, but we go a step future and offer post sale customer support. You can send me your VIN and current miles to tgibson@highline-autos.com or reach out at (855) 924-1333. Applepay accepted.

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 02-15-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:17 PM
Bagger76
5th Gear

This is good news that the warranty period has been extended to cars 15 years younger than the current model. Tried entering a 2009 911 S, 43000 miles, for a Platinum VSC quote and it said sorry, unable. Do I need to call to inquire? Thanks.
Bill

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread