Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 02:28 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 461 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by tunatoksoz
That makes sense, but i assume it doesn't consider "generation of the specific model" but probably uses 3-4 years as a threshold?
2019 cayenne and 2021 cayenne is mostly the same everything (Cayenne 9Y) , except small improvements here and there.

On top of that, 2021 models usually will have 1 year warranty left. I would have hoped CPO + existing warranty would have made a difference for fidelity quote, but oh well.

Now looking for a quote from porsche VPS to compare.
Correct, on a more general level, not specific to each vehicle and their individual life cycles.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-17-2024, 12:59 AM
Juc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fidelity not offering warranty for panamera ehybrid?

Having trouble getting a warranty for a car I’m about to purchase -2019 Panama turbo s ehybrid executive with 29k miles. Buying private party but called local dealers and they said fidelity doesn’t offer a warranty for my VIN. I checked an online quote for fidelity and had the same result. Why is that? I assumed the hybrid battery was excluded anyway so not sure why maybe considered higher risk? Unfortunately it’s out of warranty so need some kind of coverage. Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2024, 12:08 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juc
Having trouble getting a warranty for a car I’m about to purchase -2019 Panama turbo s ehybrid executive with 29k miles. Buying private party but called local dealers and they said fidelity doesn’t offer a warranty for my VIN. I checked an online quote for fidelity and had the same result. Why is that? I assumed the hybrid battery was excluded anyway so not sure why maybe considered higher risk? Unfortunately it’s out of warranty so need some kind of coverage. Thoughts?
I'm not sure why Fidelity will not cover the Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid, when a Turbo S and e-Hybrid are both eligible for coverage separately... The hybrid system and battery is covered under both Fidelity Platinum and Gold coverage, so not a big deal there either.

Our other provider Freedom Warranty does offer coverage on your Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid, send me an email at tgibson@highline-autos.com and I'll be able to get you coverage information, best we show respect to the Fidelity megathread and keep things focused here.
The following users liked this post:
itbme (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 03:23 PM
itbme
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Also having trouble trying to get a quote for fidelity in CA. (2017 carrera s.) I sent an email to TGibson, hopefully better luck there!
Highline-Autos.com (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 03:29 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by itbme
Also having trouble trying to get a quote for fidelity in CA. (2017 carrera s.) I sent an email to TGibson, hopefully better luck there!
You should already have an email back

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
itbme (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 432 Posts

This question may be slightly off topic but what are people's thoughts on Fidelity warranties for a Mercedes? I already have a Fidelity Platinum warranty for my 911.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:10 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
This question may be slightly off topic but what are people's thoughts on Fidelity warranties for a Mercedes? I already have a Fidelity Platinum warranty for my 911.
No different in use, Fidelity can be used at any of the OEM dealership service center / licensed independent. We see a lot more luxury systems and technology related claims with our Mercedes customers.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 05-26-2024 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2024, 02:51 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Hey all - just sharing the newest update release to our Fidelity Warranty Portal - promocodes are now itemized to clearly show the discount. The previous version of the portal simply reduced the pricing, and it left some confusion to customers whether the discount had been applied or not. The new version of the portal will clearly show the discount and has solved this issue. See below screenshot for example. Happy to help as always, and if any questions, don't hesitate!

Visit portal online here to get started: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/
hi
can you confirm the gold plan would cover pdk distance sensor repair ?

thx
Old 06-01-2024, 07:49 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by roadsession
hi
can you confirm the gold plan would cover pdk distance sensor repair ?

thx
Thanks for reaching out, happy to help. I always recommend the Platinum coverage to be fully certain items like that will be covered, but Gold is great too.

Since Gold is an “inclusionary” plan, it specifically lists the items that will be covered. Might be best to read the terms and conditions below for the covered components. Again, for a full guarantee, Platinum is best, but read the terms and conditions here: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...onditions.html

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 06-01-2024, 10:16 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for reaching out, happy to help. I always recommend the Platinum coverage to be fully certain items like that will be covered, but Gold is great too.

Since Gold is an “inclusionary” plan, it specifically lists the items that will be covered. Might be best to read the terms and conditions below for the covered components. Again, for a full guarantee, Platinum is best, but read the terms and conditions here: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...onditions.html

several of us have already bought plans from you - since we don’t have access to the underwriting company - couldn’t you ask on our behalf ?
Old 06-01-2024, 10:30 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

several of us have already bought plans from you - since we don’t have access to the underwriting company - couldn’t you ask on our behalf ?
For sure - I’ll send a note and confirm when I get a clear answer - can you send your VIN so I can use that as an example please? Back soon when I hear from Fidelity admin
Old 06-01-2024, 10:48 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I sent a note, not sure if I’ll heard back on the weekend, but reading the section below, it shows vehicle speed sensor as a covered component. Not sure if this is considered the same, but with that verbiage, it seems likely it would be covered with Gold. I still like to recommend Platinum for the firm confirmation, but will update when I hear back from admin.

Old 06-01-2024, 11:04 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

UPDATE: just made a phone call, and got clear confirmation that the sensor would be covered since it is an internal component to the transmission. You can clearly see in the photo below where the mechanic is pointing, that it is internal after the casing is removed. In fact, since it’s an internal component, this repair would be covered under powertrain coverage as well. Looks like we’re good to go with all coverage levels on this one!

Video Reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7U_HG-SXKM

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 06-01-2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2024, 12:24 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

UPDATE: just made a phone call, and got clear confirmation that the sensor would be covered since it is an internal component to the transmission. You can clearly see in the photo below where the mechanic is pointing, that it is internal after the casing is removed. In fact, since it’s an internal component, this repair would be covered under powertrain coverage as well. Looks like we’re good to go with all coverage levels on this one!

Video Reference: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7U_HG-SXKM
Thank you you are definitely the best dealer for aftermarket warranties that I have ever dealt with
The following 2 users liked this post by roadsession:
Jack F (06-01-2024), SteingoldVolvoCars (06-01-2024)
Old 06-01-2024, 04:04 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,380 Likes on 876 Posts

Thank you you are definitely the best dealer for aftermarket warranties that I have ever dealt with
+1. In 2020, I purchased a Fidelity warranty from you on my 2016 981S. Traded the car in Dec. 2021. Asked you to cancel the warranty and for a pro rata refund. No hassles whatsoever. Had a check for the pro rata amount in about 2 weeks. Great customer service! Thank you.
SteingoldVolvoCars (06-01-2024)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread