The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 05:06 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts

.... Anyways back to extended warranty coverage information. For those looking or are curious, pricing and example contracts available at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 03-26-2024, 12:00 AM
PCS911
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone know of a seller in California? The ones I have tried do not write policies in CA.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 12:21 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PCS911
Does anyone know of a seller in California? The ones I have tried do not write policies in CA.
No problem, tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.
vg247 (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 11:11 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Cur
Another happy customer Fidelity customer via Michael @SteingoldVolvoCars checking in. Not for my 911S, which I recently sold, but for it's replacement!

I was sold on getting one a while back with all the positive feedback in this thread, and because my family had actually bought a couple cars from their dealership being local to the area.
Glad to help - great working with you!

https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/

Promocode: RENNLIST for $200.00 discount

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 03-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Kilo Papa
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m seriously shopping extended warranty for our 2018 Targa 4S.

So far I have only shopped price. I’m now at the point of looking at service. In particular, trying to get a feel as to how the claim process works and how the “service” experience has been for other clients of Fidelity.

Admittedly I dislike the whole process of managed care. Having to ask for permission is akin to fingernails grating on a chalkboard for me.

So, in prep for the reality of an Extended warranty (Fidelity in particular), I would appreciate any and all insight other users might have.

For example-

-do I initiate a claim or does the shop initiate? Similar or dissimilar to healthcare process where you pretty much present your card and others in the back office handle the interaction? Or does it take a lot of user interaction?

Any and all feedback from other Fidelity clients as far as your experience(s) re claims process would be appreciated.

TIA

Last edited by Kilo Papa; 03-28-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:45 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kilo Papa

So far I have only shopped price. I’m now at the point of looking at service. In particular, trying to get a feel as to how the claim process works.p and how the “service” experience has been for other clients of Fidelity.

Admittedly I dislike the whole process of managed care. Having to ask for permission is akin to fingernails grating on a chalkboard for me.

So, in prep for the reality of an Extended warranty (Fidelity in particular), I would appreciate any and all insight other users might have.

For example-

-do I initiate a claim or does the shop initiate? Similar or dissimilar to healthcare process where you pretty much present your card and others in the back office handle the interaction? Or does it take a lot of user interaction?

Any and all feedback from other Fidelity clients as far as your experience(s) re claims process would be appreciated.

TIA
Glad to help - the claims process is extremely simple - your repair facility will handle all interactions with Fidelity. They just simply contact the claims department for any repairs and the communication is between Fidelity and the repair facility. You as a customer do not need to get involved.

To get started, visit below to purchase your coverage and it’s that simple - coverage will be valid nationwide.

https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com - use promocode RENNLIST for $200.00 discount

If any specific questions, reach out directly in a PM or email me: michael.bernardo@steingoldvolvocars.com or call 401-723-4700.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:11 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So far I have only shopped price. I’m now at the point of looking at service. In particular, trying to get a feel as to how the claim process works and how the “service” experience has been for other clients of Fidelity.

For example-

TIA
Your service manager at the dealership will do it all for you. Reimbursement is an option, but the preferred method by the warranty company is to have an approval prior, then they pay the repair facility directly, you just pay the deducible to the dealership upon picking up your repaired vehicle. If you plan on using an independent, make sure the independent is willing to communicate with the warranty company for you, I know some indie's just want to wrench, and do not perform much of the "office duties".

Fidelity Retailer: tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:22 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,321 Posts

I don't think you'll find many if anybody saying dealing with Fidelity was "BAD" or hard in any way.

I've had them on my last two Turbo S's and all claims (3 total so far on both cars) went perfectly!!

Dealer (Porsche) handles the claims as far as I know. My dealer handled everything on all three of my claims.

As it stands, My Fidelity Platinum has paid out almost $2000+ OVER what I actually paid for the warranty... (Old prices, as I know they've gone up a bit due to current times / inflation).

I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

OH, now I have heard that they don't cover "Convertible / Targa" tops and mechanical parts..... I could have "heard" wrong...Have them confirm.... That might be the only thing that change you mind.

For example-

TIA
Old 03-28-2024, 02:59 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Swole

OH, now I have heard that they don't cover "Convertible / Targa" tops and mechanical parts..... I could have "heard" wrong...Have them confirm.... That might be the only thing that change you mind.
The convertible top mechanics are covered under the Fidelity Platinum coverage, the "convertible top" in the exclusions is in regards to the physical top that is considered a body panel, and is covered by your traditional insurance policy.
Big Swole (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 03:02 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 2 Fidelity Platinum policies in the past and they are worth it from my experience. However, to save about $1,000 in premiums, it looks like the Freedom Warranty plan with $0 deductible is a better purchase. Are there any members here who can review any experience they have had using Freedom? I'm in California if that helps and I know Michael does not write policies here. Trenton does, but I would like real life experiences dealing with Freedom. Thanks in advance.
Highline-Autos.com (03-28-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joseesq
I've had 2 Fidelity Platinum policies in the past and they are worth it from my experience. However, to save about $1,000 in premiums, it looks like the Freedom Warranty plan with $0 deductible is a better purchase. Are there any members here who can review any experience they have had using Freedom? I'm in California if that helps and I know Michael does not write policies here. Trenton does, but I would like real life experiences dealing with Freedom. Thanks in advance.
We will keep this brief as to the respect of the "Fidelity Megathread", but check the link below to a fellow Rennlister who received $20K for PDK replacement by Freedom Warranty on his GT3 by Freedom Warranty.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post18516533
Post #198
Old 03-28-2024, 05:34 PM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Trenton for the information. It was very helpful.
Highline-Autos.com (03-28-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 01:46 AM
Pors911001
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats main difference between platinum and gold? Looking to get warranty for sub 10k mile gt4 6mt
Old 04-18-2024, 07:56 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pors911001
Whats main difference between platinum and gold? Looking to get warranty for sub 10k mile gt4 6mt
Platinum is exclusionary coverage, while gold is inclusionary coverage - most choose platinum - read complete terms and conditions below: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...onditions.html
Old 04-18-2024, 12:47 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pors911001
Platinum is what your dealership would call 'Bumper to Bumper", however there is a small list of exclusions, wear/maintence items like oil, brake pads, and aesthetics covered by your traditional insurance policy like body damage, paint and glass.

Gold is strictly what is listed is covered, coving all major components of the vehicle. The good thing about the GT4 is they're a mechanically simple machine, so you would not be giving up a lot of coverage going with the Gold vs. Platinum as if you had a loaded up Panamera or Cayenne with all the technology and deriving aids. However being in the lowest milage based pricing tier Fidelity offers, I'd go Platinum.

You can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 if you have any other Fidelity coverage questions.

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread