Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 08:00 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by mtuomi
I bet a seepage is not a breakdown and thus not covered.

From 16. "Correction of oil consumption" is excluded.
Wonder if they are playing that card.
Turns out it was this the whole time... Valve Cover Gasket failure is covered, but there has be to be a definite oil leak, a sort of metric I have seen if that if the oil is hitting the exhaust headers, it is indeed a "leak" and needs to be repaired.

Originally Posted by griskait
Remember that another part of the problem with using the warranty is car down time.
They often requires inspections to be performed, so you have to wait for it.
If something goes wrong you are stuck with nobody to discuss the claim with, and you have to start the long process of dealing with their pointless appeal process and eventually arbitration or court.
Another thing to keep in mind even the Platinum has his own limitation i.e. the value of the vehicle. So do some math before signing up and thinking that everything (and now I know how far from the truth that is) is covered.
Based on my experience I am more and more convinced that self insurance, in many instances make more sense, especially when you account for everything (down time, limitation, exclusion, time spent dealing with the issue).
Hope this help
I'm sorry you have had such a poor experience with all of this, and it looks like your Fidelity retailer I kept telling you to reach out to, is in fact the one in this very thread that should have been receiving the same email notifications of your concerns as I was, but has not said a word... This whole situation could have been avoided, if proactive communication between all parties had taken place.

If you or anyone else as any questions about Fidelity warranty coverage, here is my information. tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 07-07-2023, 08:05 PM
griskait
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Turns out it was this the whole time... Valve Cover Gasket failure is covered, but there has be to be a definite oil leak, a sort of metric I have seen if that if the oil is hitting the exhaust headers, it is indeed a "leak" and needs to be repaired.

I'm sorry you have had such a poor experience with all of this, and it looks like your Fidelity retailer I kept telling you to reach out to, is in fact the one in this very thread that should have been receiving the same email notifications of your concerns as I was, but has not said a word... This whole situation could have been avoided, if proactive communication between all parties had taken place.

If you or anyone else as any questions about Fidelity warranty coverage, here is my information. tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.
not sure how you came to that conclusion, but I can tell you that you're wrong.
If you can please avoid using me sharing my experience as your advertising it would greatly appreciated and attacking others does not show professionalism and trustworthiness.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:14 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

not sure how you came to that conclusion, but I can tell you that you're wrong.
If you can please avoid using me sharing my experience as your advertising it would greatly appreciated and attacking others does not show professionalism and trustworthiness.
I'm sorry? I've been trying to help you with your extended warranty problems this entire time, and you didn't even purchase the policy through me. I've been trying to make sense of this whole thing myself with what Information I have available to me.
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 11:33 PM
griskait
Track Day

You look up my previous posts, so you know where I purchased my plan, but anyway while trying to "help" you insisted in asking who was my dealer.
Again don't use my experience for your advertising.
Old 07-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You look up my previous posts, so you know where I purchased my plan, but anyway while trying to "help" you insisted in asking who was my dealer.
Again don't use my experience for your advertising.
...When I requested more information they told me that they were investigating my appeal to the claim denial and to do so they were talking to a person at the dealership who sold the warranty. So apparently instead of talking to the dealer where the vehicle is they allegedly were talking to the warranty broker....
This is why I kept asking who sold you your Fidelity warranty, because I knew Fidelity was going to use them to communicate with you... I was trying to tell you that from the beginning!
Old 07-08-2023, 11:56 AM
griskait
Track Day

Talking

This is why I kept asking who sold you your Fidelity warranty, because I knew Fidelity was going to use them to communicate with you... I was trying to tell you that from the beginning!
The motivations of your morbid interest, in requesting who the dealer was, are self serving, it is laughable that you try to change the narrative.
Go ahead...
Old 07-08-2023, 06:28 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

-Reach out to whomever sold you the coverage, they should be the ones reaching out to Fidelity and talking to Fidelity on your behalf.
-What is the dealership/Fidelity saying the reason for the denial?
You need to talk to your selling Fidelity retailer, that have access to all claims and claim documents.
Talking to your retailer who sold you your policy is much easier than calling the national corporate with specific claim questions... like OP said, those at the corporate number are so far removed from the situation, it would be just the same as calling Porsche headquarters for updates on your local service repair, it takes time and there is some disconnect.
Who did you purchase your Fidelity warranty through that they will not help resolve any issues?

Also the dealership where you revived your repair work is not gong to the be person that can talk to Fidelity on your behalf, it is the retailer you bought it from. The dealership where your repair was denied would be a good place to ask what Fidelity is saying the reason for the denial, the repairing dealership should have the information, they're the ones who filled the initial claim. I sounds like both your dealership/ Fidelity retailer your purchased your contract with are the ones having communications issues.
On the 4th attempt of telling you who to speak to your selling retailer, the person who Fidelity was going to use to communicate the situation with you, did I ask who your retailer was, no "changing the narrative" here sir.
Old 07-08-2023, 07:04 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 459 Posts

I have been out of this thread for a while as I purchased my Fidelity Platinum policy almost 3 years ago but reading this has had me thinking and a little concerned. If the effectiveness of the policy is only as good as the determination of the seller (retailer) to purse the repair shops, then what does this say about Fidelity? From time to time I come to this thread just wanting to read about people's experiences with claims but reading it seems overwhelmed with people trying to sell you a policy. (No offense to the sellers as I know you're just trying to make a living). I'm tempted to start a separate thread where people can share their experiences with claims, pro-rated refunds, etc., and NOT who or where they purchased it from. The way this current thread reads I feel like it should be moved to the Marketplace.

I'm nearly 3 years into a 10 year / 100k Platinum policy which I only paid $4200. I don't typically put more than 5k miles / year on my car so I expect the warranty to expire at the 10 year mark. Given how cheaply I obtained the warranty for, it seems like a no brainer to keep it at this point but I wonder about anyone who has gotten a prorated refund on theirs and what that experience was like. Most likely I'll just keep the warranty but the thought of cancelling it for a prorated refund has crossed my mind on occasion.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tier1Terrier:
doctj (07-09-2023), griskait (07-11-2023), pkalhan (07-08-2023), SteingoldVolvoCars (07-09-2023)
Old 07-08-2023, 07:13 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I have been out of this thread for a while as I purchased my Fidelity Platinum policy almost 3 years ago but reading this has had me thinking and a little concerned. If the effectiveness of the policy is only as good as the determination of the seller (retailer) to purse the repair shops, then what does this say about Fidelity? From time to time I come to this thread just wanting to read about people's experiences with claims but reading it seems overwhelmed with people trying to sell you a policy. (No offense to the sellers as I know you're just trying to make a living). I'm tempted to start a separate thread where people can share their experiences with claims, pro-rated refunds, etc., and NOT who or where they purchased it from. The way this current thread reads I feel like it should be moved to the Marketplace.

I'm nearly 3 years into a 10 year / 100k Platinum policy which I only paid $4200. I don't typically put more than 5k miles / year on my car so I expect the warranty to expire at the 10 year mark. Given how cheaply I obtained the warranty for, it seems like a no brainer to keep it at this point but I wonder about anyone who has gotten a prorated refund on theirs and what that experience was like. Most likely I'll just keep the warranty but the thought of cancelling it for a prorated refund has crossed my mind on occasion.
I think this is a good idea. Maybe a poll with options where people can select whether or not they have had issue with claims. It would be interesting to see what the results were. I always thought Fidelity Warranties were rock solid but am now starting to have some doubts.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:44 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Very well said - that's exactly why this thread originated, and it was very helpful for everyone. Questions asked, questions answered - and recommendations from current policy holders/users on where to purchase their Fidelity coverage plan. As soon as new sellers join the party, they try to make a name for themselves, but just end up pushing the real users of the forum away.

And as far as the "sellers of the plan" getting involved in claims? That should never happen, in anyway - Fidelity claims department is the ONLY party that should be involved in the decision-making process for claims. We sell HUNDREDS of plans per month, and NOT ONCE do we get involved in any claims, never have in all my years. We simply sell the plan at a discounted rate, and Fidelity takes it from there.

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 07-09-2023 at 11:47 AM.
shammerman (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 11:45 AM
SConn
Drifting

Received 975 Likes on 579 Posts

I had a Freedom warranty thru Trent at Highline on my TTS for just under a year. Decided to cancel it as my husband ended up taking over my car as I hunt for something new.

Trent's communication has always been top notch and he got my refund to me quickly. No issues whatsoever. He's also gotten me a couple warranty quotes on different vehicles over this weekend. I think the attacks on him are honestly a bit harsh. If I was having issues with a warranty and my sales guy was MIA, it would sure be nice to have SOMEONE in the industry offering advice on how to proceed in mitigating the issues.
The following 3 users liked this post by SConn:
Highline-Autos.com (07-09-2023), mamsp (07-09-2023), pkalhan (07-09-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 02:44 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SConn
I had a Freedom warranty thru Trent at Highline on my TTS for just under a year. Decided to cancel it as my husband ended up taking over my car as I hunt for something new.

Trent's communication has always been top notch and he got my refund to me quickly. No issues whatsoever. He's also gotten me a couple warranty quotes on different vehicles over this weekend. I think the attacks on him are honestly a bit harsh. If I was having issues with a warranty and my sales guy was MIA, it would sure be nice to have SOMEONE in the industry offering advice on how to proceed in mitigating the issues.
Thank you @SConn , I appreciate the feedback.
The following 3 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
mamsp (07-09-2023), pkalhan (07-09-2023), SConn (07-09-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,439 Likes on 910 Posts

Tier 1 Terrier - Responding to your question about refunds. I had a 2016 Cayman 981S with a Fidelity Platinum policy purchased through Steingold/Michael. Traded my 981S in on my 992S. Reached out to Michael re refund. Submitted paperwork and had my prorated refund check in 10-14 days. Simple and easy process.Thank you Michael.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fullyield:
911T4ME (07-10-2023), SteingoldVolvoCars (07-10-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 02:45 PM
ahhprods
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Recently purchased the fidelity platinum from Trent at highline. Smooth and easy. I am comforted that he is willing to step in if my own communications fail with fidelity… fingers crossed it never happens and claims are paid appropriately, but glad I’ve got someone who will fight for me if my claim is reasonable! I’ll post if I have any further activity with my plan, good or bad. (You don’t want your car to break, but you don’t want to have paid $$$ and never use the plan either lol!)
The following 4 users liked this post by ahhprods:
Highline-Autos.com (08-24-2023), mamsp (08-24-2023), pkalhan (08-24-2023), Sledge911 (08-24-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 08:19 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

I have a question for those of you who bought a Fidelity warranty or any aftermarket warranty.

Would you all be willing to buy a used Porsche from a Porsche dealership that wasn't CPO'd but then bought a Fidelity warranty shortly after purchase? I know CPO gives piece of mind, but the price of those cars are a little higher than used/non CPO cars (I am guessing $3k more?).
SteingoldVolvoCars (11-24-2023)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread