Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:40 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 724 Posts
Default Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Scheduled appointment to bring car in for a simple warranty issue and 6 year/60k maintenance.

1. Cancelled two appointments on me, both the night before.

2. Took 20 days to complete work on car.

3. After picking up my car, immediately upon arriving home I noticed that someone either hit something with my car, or someone hit my car while in their possession. Damaged my front bumper on 911. No one at dealership informed me.

Call Service Advisor to tell them about the damage. Send photo of the damage. Get repair estimate from my body shop to have repairs completed. Now they are insisting I must use their body shop to repair the damage they did to my car because it will save them money. I just want my car repaired correctly, the first time.

Ask to speak to service manager, not available, supposed to call me, haven't heard from them in two days. Completely unapologetic about the entire situation. They are acting like they are doing me a favor for crashing my car.

All I want is my car fixed correctly and to be done with this place. Porsche Huntington is unfortunately the gift that keeps on giving. If you value your car, don't take it here. Completely unprofessional.

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 09-12-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:02 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to see this, that is painful, good luck w. the repair.. Whenever im forced to leave my car with stealerships for warranty services I do a full walk around video with my SA to ensure they can't contest any surprise damage
Old 09-12-2019, 06:24 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

If you want to drive about 35 miles to Connecticut, Porsche of Fairfield might be the best Dealership I have ever dealt with. I live in Greenwich and rather than go to my local dealer (5 miles from me) I drive 20 miles to Fairfield to get anything done. If you want a connect over there, just message me.

Sorry to hear about this..
Old 09-12-2019, 06:42 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 751 Posts

VW leadership is not likely to be helpful in the upcoming years.
Unfortunately the bar is set low, where you gotta be happy they're willing to fix instead of denying it ever happened. That's what I would expect from my local dealer
Old 09-12-2019, 06:47 PM
scottlma
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Danbury Porsche also good.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:28 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Mclane
VW leadership is not likely to be helpful in the upcoming years.
Unfortunately the bar is set low, where you gotta be happy they're willing to fix instead of denying it ever happened. That's what I would expect from my local dealer
I just don't want to deal with them again. If I have them repair and some issue arises in a year or two I’m stuck dealing with them. My body guy is great, and if there was a problem, which there won’t be, I can just go 5 min down the road.

I was polite and courteous throughout my dealings with them. Said nothing about the cancelled appoinments, was easy going about them taking nearly 3 weeks to touch the car. I was even nice when dealing with them about accident until they started pushing back.

I should have taken it to Gold Coast as they are next closest.

Luckily it’s just a plastic bumper repair and paint. My guy said he should be able to match the rest of the car no problem.
The following users liked this post:
TrackJunke (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:35 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

I would document the whole thing and contact Porsche with your complaints. They will remedy this problem.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:58 PM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to see this happen.

I highly recommend Chris & team at Porsche South Shore. I once left my car with Gold Coast and received the car back with +58 miles on it.

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
I just don't want to deal with them again. If I have them repair and some issue arises in a year or two I’m stuck dealing with them. My body guy is great, and if there was a problem, which there won’t be, I can just go 5 min down the road.

I was polite and courteous throughout my dealings with them. Said nothing about the cancelled appoinments, was easy going about them taking nearly 3 weeks to touch the car. I was even nice when dealing with them about accident until they started pushing back.

I should have taken it to Gold Coast as they are next closest.

Luckily it’s just a plastic bumper repair and paint. My guy said he should be able to match the rest of the car no problem.
OMTarga4S (12-04-2022)
Old 09-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

I do not want to turn this around on you but I would never have left any dealership, with any car, and not noticed that damage. They could have told you they did not do it since again, that is pretty noticeable, but it sounds like they did not even question you. What is wrong with using the shop they use? Are they on the Porsche-approved list? If not I can see a possible argument on your part that you want it repaired at an approved shop but I doubt they are using a crappy shop. There are no excuses for the other problems so I will not defend them for those but I think you need to be reasonable and they may not have noticed it since someone could have done it just before you got there. I do wish you the best though and I feel your pain.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:07 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I do not want to turn this around on you but I would never have left any dealership, with any car, and not noticed that damage.
When I got there the car was behind the building. When I was at the service counter they radioed someone to drive it around, who then, backed it into the parking spot, front facing away from me. I did (quickly) look at passenger side, rear bumper, and obv drivers side. I should have done a walk around, but I guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, this is the first time I have had an issue like this. I noticed the damage as soon as I got home and immediately called.

If this was any accident going through insurance, I could take it to any body shop I want. This should be no different.

I'm not looking for a discount, depreciation, free oil changes or key chains, I just want my car fixed correctly the first time, and be done with this.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:18 PM
0luke1
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

Bunch of dickd
Old 09-12-2019, 10:38 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I do not want to turn this around on you but I would never have left any dealership, with any car, and not noticed that damage. They could have told you they did not do it since again, that is pretty noticeable, but it sounds like they did not even question you. What is wrong with using the shop they use? Are they on the Porsche-approved list? If not I can see a possible argument on your part that you want it repaired at an approved shop but I doubt they are using a crappy shop. There are no excuses for the other problems so I will not defend them for those but I think you need to be reasonable and they may not have noticed it since someone could have done it just before you got there. I do wish you the best though and I feel your pain.
I had a similar problem about 20 years ago. In my case the dealership denied doing the damage, but after about 30 minutes of complaining and escalating, they finally agreed to repair the car. So from that time till today, I go through a two step process.

1. Before handing my car to the dealership,I and the SA do a thorough inspection of my car, inside and out, including the wheels. If there is even the smallest imperfection, it is noted and documented.
2. Before driving my car off the lot, the same inspection is conducted by the SA and me.

I believe that this process protects both the dealership and the customer. Moreover, this inspection only takes a couple of minutes at most, and I'm surprised that everyone doesn't do it.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:49 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

They damaged my '96 Turbo with 90 miles on it during a recall and absolutely refused to accept any responsibility. I wrote a letter to the then CEO of PCNA and he replaced the part which was the intercooler in 3 days. Sounds like not much has changed in 20 plus years.
The following 2 users liked this post by white6speed:
AdamSanta85 (09-13-2019), maschinetheist (12-29-2020)
Old 09-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Yeesh. I attended the 992 launch party last night at a local dealership and saw a valet person sitting in my T, attempting to re-park it. I walked up and enquired and asked him "Do you realize it's a manual transmission. Do you know how to drive one?" And he answered, "Oh, no, I don't". Holy crap! Come on people!
Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

That is your own fault since you actually let someone valet your car!
Zeus993 (09-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...