Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 05:28 PM
carrera4esq
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

At least we now all have a shop that does a front bumper repair/ respray for only $350. I think the paint/ flex agent, etc.alone probably costs near that much. I would suggest anyone on this forum that needs this service to contact Huntington Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSanta85 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 05:49 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
Unfortunately I have experienced similar problems. You have the right to request who their insurance carrier is and file a claim through them.

Or, put the claim through your policy and let them subrogate as said above.

Then you will have your insurance company telling you where to fix the car and for how much.
You could at least give me a footnote for attribution!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:54 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera4esq
At least we now all have a shop that does a front bumper repair/ respray for only $350. I think the paint/ flex agent, etc.alone probably costs near that much. I would suggest anyone on this forum that needs this service to contact Huntington Porsche.
If you guys start calling there to get front bumper repair quotes I would die laughing.
BlueNorther (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 06:02 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

Heyyyyy, so yeah, I heard you guys do bumper repair / resprays for $350... so I have like 4 cars, do you think you can start scheduling me from next Wednesday?

It's Friday, working from home...... I kinda almost want to call and see if they'll bite! I'll tell em I'm even willing to drive from NJ if they'll play ball

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
If you guys start calling there to get front bumper repair quotes I would die laughing.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Sad story. Lots of good advice above. I've noticed several dealerships taking walk around pics /video lately at vehicle checkin. I've never really wanted to be the weird customer doing the same, but like a few comments above, I'd agree ask/challenge the SA on check in to find any damage on your car and take your own video. To the OP I'd get the car repaired where you want it done and then try and recover. Even if its not the cheapest route, you are taking control are more likely to be happy with the result. And to the manager suggesting they are fluffing up the bid, I'd respond if you didn't crash my car we wouldn't have this problem. Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by JB 911:
AdamSanta85 (09-13-2019), Jim137a (09-19-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 01:38 AM
cclcal
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

hey @fast1
I brought my 2013 Nissan minivan in for some warranty inspection. Before they even take the key, the intake person walks around the vehicle w iPad in hand and documents every ding and scratch w a description and a photo. Took an extra 3-4 minutes to get me checked in but they are protecting themselves and me. The minivan had a few large scratches and dings from ski trips and kids so the lady had numerous items to note. Porsche should definitely be doing this as their parts and labor are significantly higher than Nissan.

good luck w the dealership...probably not going to get very far, Definitely voice your opinions and send documentation to Porsche NA. I had to go through Nissan NA to get anywhere for a poor transmission replacement on the minivan. I ended up with new transmission, extended warranty to 7 years/100K miles, and a 3500$ check for my troubles.
maschinetheist (12-29-2020)
Old 09-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

Had tires installed this week at the dealer. Check in guy does a walk around the whole car and wheels noting any imperfections.
After check in guys looks at me says we call that Pristine, I said I'd like it back that way.

Don't let them fix your car. Do it yourself at a reputable and push them to pay for it or most of it. In the end it's your car do you want it back half assed because of a $700 difference.
AdamSanta85 (09-16-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 08:26 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
I just don't want to deal with them again. If I have them repair and some issue arises in a year or two I’m stuck dealing with them. My body guy is great, and if there was a problem, which there won’t be, I can just go 5 min down the road.

I was polite and courteous throughout my dealings with them. Said nothing about the cancelled appoinments, was easy going about them taking nearly 3 weeks to touch the car. I was even nice when dealing with them about accident until they started pushing back.

I should have taken it to Gold Coast as they are next closest.

Luckily it’s just a plastic bumper repair and paint. My guy said he should be able to match the rest of the car no problem.
As long as you are in a contest with them, I would demand a new bumper cover. There will be no overspray to detect and the match is perfect when painted on a new cover. Why should you accept a repair? You did not bring a previously repainted/ repaired bumper to them, why settle for receiving one.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:55 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

Sorry to hear this. I've been going there for 4 years, never had a problem, they always go out of their way to accommodate me whether it's service or an interesting loaner car. I hope this is resolved quickly.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:11 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

Man, I have been reading this thread for days and I'm saying to myself "what would I have done"

So, let me give you the solution. Its guaranteed to get you exactly what you want..
Repair the bumper as you see fit. That means, if you want a new cover then buy the part. If you have a shop you love and trust then have them paint it.

THEN, you just go to the local courthouse and file a $35 Small Claims suit in the amount of the total repair. If its $600 or $2600, keep the receipt and sue them.
I PROMISE YOU, they will not fight it. They will not hire a lawyer to defend it. If they really do decide to fight it, call the local paper to send a reporter to the trial.
Get the negative PR in the local press, post negative reviews on Yelp and Google and get your pound of flesh.

At WORST, the Judge will deem it as your word against theirs and anyone with a 100k Porsche going through this much trouble will be deemed credible.
Not likely you are going through all of this just to beat a dealer for a bumper. In addition, the burden is on them to provide video or even a check sheet showing it came in like that.

Stop wasting your time arguing with them, in the end they are going to remain obstinate because they can. Once you sue them, it will be a whole other matter.
They also have to contact their insurance company as is policy if they are being sued, which wont help; their premiums regardless. You got this.
The following 4 users liked this post by PTS-BRG:
AdamSanta85 (09-16-2019), dak911 (12-06-2022), Honda (09-20-2019), jimmiejam (12-06-2022)
Old 09-14-2019, 09:15 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Here ya go, save you some trouble..

Third District Court
(Small Claims, Civil Court, Huntington Town Ordinance)
(631) 381-6070

1850 New York Avenue
Huntington Station, NY 11746
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS-BRG:
AdamSanta85 (09-16-2019), Honda (09-20-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 09:23 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

One more thought... File the suit regardless. it will take weeks before you are scheduled for trial and during that time it may help get it resolved or at least you can have it repaired prior to trial to show proof of repair.
Get multiple estimates, thats the right move and even if yours isnt the lowest, if it is a 10% range of all others, you wouldnt be unfairly viewed by choosing the one you felt best with, or closest to you, etc..

IF, you decide to let them do it, have them purchase a new bumper and have them get it painted. Once its completed, THEN you drive to them, inspect the work on the new bumper and do the swap.
Removing your bumper or leaving it with them is far too inconvenient. Loaner car or actual car out of commission for a week or more. They messed up, make it inconvenient for THEM not You.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:53 AM
0luke1
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Man, I have been reading this thread for days and I'm saying to myself "what would I have done"

So, let me give you the solution. Its guaranteed to get you exactly what you want..
Repair the bumper as you see fit. That means, if you want a new cover then buy the part. If you have a shop you love and trust then have them paint it.

THEN, you just go to the local courthouse and file a $35 Small Claims suit in the amount of the total repair. If its $600 or $2600, keep the receipt and sue them.
I PROMISE YOU, they will not fight it. They will not hire a lawyer to defend it. If they really do decide to fight it, call the local paper to send a reporter to the trial.
Get the negative PR in the local press, post negative reviews on Yelp and Google and get your pound of flesh.

At WORST, the Judge will deem it as your word against theirs and anyone with a 100k Porsche going through this much trouble will be deemed credible.
Not likely you are going through all of this just to beat a dealer for a bumper. In addition, the burden is on them to provide video or even a check sheet showing it came in like that.

Stop wasting your time arguing with them, in the end they are going to remain obstinate because they can. Once you sue them, it will be a whole other matter.
They also have to contact their insurance company as is policy if they are being sued, which wont help; their premiums regardless. You got this.
I’ve done this twice, works great. Judges are just people like us.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:08 PM
ADC1
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I would start at the top. Go back to dealership and ask receptionist for name of dealer principal. Then ask to speak with him or set appointment with him. Most DP's hate dealing with trivial matters like this.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
If you want to drive about 35 miles to Connecticut, Porsche of Fairfield might be the best Dealership I have ever dealt with. I live in Greenwich and rather than go to my local dealer (5 miles from me) I drive 20 miles to Fairfield to get anything done. If you want a connect over there, just message me.

Sorry to hear about this..
How is Fairfield 35 miles from Huntington on Long Island!?!

Maybe if you airlift it by chopper over the sound?

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...