Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 06:08 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Bizarre - I've heard nothing but good things about both Sean and Porsche Huntington.
I'm sure he's a great guy when you are making him money.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:15 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

Get 3 estimates. Providing they are all within the same range, pick the one you feel best with or that is closest to you or best reviews.

THEN SUE THE **** OUT OF THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

You dont need a lawyer, you will get back all of your court costs plus interest and the court has sympathy on individuals over companies, provided your case has merit which it does.

This is your only option and best option. Go fix it and sue.
The following users liked this post:
Honda (09-20-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Eurolicious
1st Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lets be honest.....

Hi,

Its easy to hurtle insults at the “Big Bad Dealer” when you assume they dont read the forums.....

As I said on the phone to you:

1) We will take your word about the damage tou reported after you left our facility.
2) We will pick Your car up at your house.
3) We will repair your bumper for free at our Porsche Approved Collision Center.

We will not pay a heavily padded estimate from a non Porsche approved shop which includes 4 hours of programming to paint a bumper?????

I have been with Porsche for 10 years and always do the right thing......

Thanks,
Sean
The following 3 users liked this post by Eurolicious:
AdamSanta85 (09-17-2019), shammerman (09-18-2019), The Ox (09-18-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:27 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

I wish every dealer would have someone look at the Forums once a week and at least search for their name so they can see if they need to chime in...I give credit where credit is due and I hope you can work this out, civilly.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:31 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

If I may make a suggestion to both of you..

OP: Accept this offer but, with a few modifications to make it easier on BOTH of you.

DEALER: Order a new bumper and have your Porsche Approved shop repaint it.
No need for a loaner, no need to pick up his car. Just get a new part painted and call him when its ready.

OP: After its completed, drive the car to then ONCE. Inspect the paint, See the invoice. Confirm shop is Porsche Approved.

If everything checks out, let them swap out the bumper while you wait. Go grab lunch, come back and drive home.

OP: If you end up suing, you are going to have to make the same trip, perhaps multiple times if they delay it or try and adjourn it.
DEALER: You made a fair offer and help your reputation provided the end result is of Porsche quality I think this is a fair compromise.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:43 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

I was actually hoping you read the forums. I just want you guys to do the right thing. I bought my car for enjoyment, not drama/stress.

Originally Posted by Eurolicious
1) We will take your word about the damage tou reported after you left our facility.
Thank you for doing that. At no point have I said you guys were questioning where the damage happened.

2) We will pick Your car up at your house.
Like I said from the first phone call. I don't want my car at the dealer anymore. When cars get ferried around, they get damaged. I want to take it myself to the body shop and get it fixed in a timely manner. I don't want to deal with a body shop in Westchester county. My body shop quoted me 3 days.

3) We will repair your bumper for free at our Porsche Approved Collision Center.
I am not comfortable using a body shop of your choosing, as I stated from the first phone call.

We will not pay a heavily padded estimate from a non Porsche approved shop which includes 4 hours of programming to paint a bumper?????
This is the cheapest estimate I have received. I have another estimate from the closest local Porsche approved body shop for $1443.. I am expecting one more estimate from a recommended different Porsche Approved shop tomorrow. Both of those shops are the closest Porsche Approved shops to my house. Both of those shops have relationships with the other local Porsche dealers. As I told Porsche NA on Friday, I am willing to take my car to one of those shops. It is unreasonable to expect me to deal with a body shop over an hour away, more with traffic and tolls.

Additionally those quotes are them repairing instead of replacing the corner light that is scuffed.

Care to post that $350 estimate that you will honor to others?

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 09-17-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Fair offer? They are doing the absolute minimum to make this right. They damaged his car. I would expect them, at a minimum, to make him whole.

He will still be left with a car with a repainted bumper and the hassle of dealing with all of this which shouldn’t have happened in the first place. When I drop off a car at any dealership, I don’t expect the dealer to play demolition derby in the parking lot or service bays.

I am not sure what the answer is here but the absolute minimum seems like a rather low bar. Dealer is still not coming across well here.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

To the OP, as suggested above, file a collision claim with your insurer and have the car repaired at a local body shop of your choosing. You insurer will then subrogate against Porsche Huntington to recover the repair cost and your deductible.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim991
To the OP, as suggested above, file a collision claim with your insurer and have the car repaired at a local body shop of your choosing. You insurer will then subrogate against Porsche Huntington to recover the repair cost and your deductible.
^ this
Old 09-17-2019, 10:03 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I dont think they are doing the absolute minimum at all.
They have accepted responsibility and are willing to pay to have it repaired. Do you expect them to give him a new car?
Ever park in a NYC garage and have them fight you to the very end that the damage on your car was there when you brought it in? Thats a scumbag and thats what they are told to do.

The issue here is that the OP wants it painted at HIS shop and the Dealer clearly has the right to have it done at their shop provided its Porsche approved.
We can all agree and accept that the Dealer will certainly get it done for much less than the OP can and if they can save $$ it shouldn't be looked upon as lower quality or cheap.

I think if this went to court that the Judge would reimburse the OP 70% of his bill because its not really fair to force the Dealer to pay more to do the same work.

Thats my thoughts on it..
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (09-18-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,354 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
They have accepted responsibility and are willing to pay to have it repaired. Do you expect them to give him a new car?
Ever park in a NYC garage and have them fight you to the very end that the damage on your car was there when you brought it in? Thats a scumbag and thats what they are told to do.

The issue here is that the OP wants it painted at HIS shop and the Dealer clearly has the right to have it done at their shop provided its Porsche approved.
We can all agree and accept that the Dealer will certainly get it done for much less than the OP can and if they can save $$ it shouldn't be looked upon as lower quality or cheap.

I think if this went to court that the Judge would reimburse the OP 70% of his bill because its not really fair to force the Dealer to pay more to do the same work.

I second it - the dealer is offering to repair the car and as one that has been through a similar situation in the past I was not 100% happy either but it could have been worse and they could have said it was not reported when the car was still at the dealer so it is not their responsibility.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
Honda (09-20-2019), shammerman (09-18-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:08 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

"To the OP, as suggested above, file a collision claim with your insurer and have the car repaired at a local body shop of your choosing. You insurer will then subrogate against Porsche Huntington to recover the repair cost and your deductible."

Let me tell you why this is wrong on many levels.

1. It will be on your record and on the Carfax so the car will always show a replaced bumper which will effect resale.
2. Your premiums will go up regardless of whether you win or lose. In the remote chance the Ins companies decide to split the costs, you will be much worse off
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS-BRG:
Honda (09-20-2019), shammerman (09-18-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

The insured is entitled to the fair value of the repair. He is not required to accept a repair performed by the negligent party. If my car is rear ended by a driver who happens to own a body shop I don't have to accept a repair done at his shop. I am entitled to the actual cost of the repair.

The insured is also entitled to recover diminished value if such is permitted under NY law.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jim991:
George from MD (12-06-2022), Honda (09-20-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:24 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

I just want my car fixed at a good local body shop. I understand **** happens, it just a plastic bumper, just make it right. I don't want my car fixed as cheap as possible. I want it fixed right. It is my car.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:27 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Jim you may be right, but in this case the negligent party isn't the one doing the repair, an authorized Porsche repair shop is, who is an unrelated 3rd party.
Again, you may very well be right and a Judge can honestly rule any way they like, but if the OP goes his own way I do think the Judge would consider the difference between shops and cut the baby in half.

We'll see..

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...