Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Huntington damaged my car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 11:44 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

All companies/ business, policies and manners start from the top, the CEO/Owner etc. This dealership has had bad form for many years and this all starts starts at the top. The pathetic response from an unnamed employee was in true form.
The following users liked this post:
duxsi (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 12:20 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm sorry to say this, but the person from the dealership comes across as a dunce.
There is no other way to describe such a lack of professional behavior.

They screwed up so do what it takes to fix the guys car (within reason). "Work with is, give us a change to fix our error and if you're not entirely happy we'll look at other options".
No, that would make far too much sense.

Instead you took the time to set up an account and litigate the issue in full public display AND post the estimate.
Why stop there? Post the owners full name (not just his first), his address and phone number. GO BIG!!

This post should go to Porsche AG to highlight the tremendous job their dealer network does on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by Eurolicious

I have been with Porsche for 10 years and always do the right thing......
Thanks,
Sean
If this is your idea of doing the "right thing", then perhaps you should spend some time focusing on not doing the wrong thing.

The right thing is clearly somewhat subjective.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:27 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
Post the owners full name (not just his first)
My full name was posted by him.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:30 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
My apologies. I was desperately trying to give him some credit.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSanta85 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 297 Posts

The fact that your name was on the attachment he posted is beyond the beyond. Sean from Huntington needs an *** kicking.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Old 09-18-2019, 05:37 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by duxsi
I've often wondered what professional (not technical) qualifications you need to work at (or own) a dealership.
Here are the qualifications. Looks like this job opening was posted on 9/13/19 (Friday).

Service Manager: Porsche Huntington, Hiring now, job immediately
  • REQUIREMENTS
  • Technical automotive knowledge
  • Demonstrated ability to manage others
  • Organized and friendly personality
  • Dealership experience preferred
  • CDK preferred

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 09-18-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default he will probably lose his next 6 figure

Job by being a dumb *** again. Unfortunately the world is stocked to the brim with dumb asses.

Here are the qualifications. Looks like this job opening was posted on 9/13/18 (Friday). Also looks like there are now openings for a Service Advisor and a Detailer as of yesterday.

Service Manager: Porsche Huntington, Hiring now, job immediately
  • REQUIREMENTS
  • Technical automotive knowledge
  • Demonstrated ability to manage others
  • Organized and friendly personality
  • Dealership experience preferred
  • CDK preferred
Old 09-18-2019, 07:04 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MY EXPERIENCE WITH PORSCHE HUNTINGTON

The subject dealership stated that a Porsche Regional representative examined my 2016 Porsche Cayenne (under warranty) and indicated it was safe to operate. I'm absolutely livid that a Porsche representative never even examined our vehicle and stated it was safe, prior to causing injuries. My vehicle was with Porsche Huntington for 19 days.

On April 16 @ 4:12pm, the manager of the service department acknowledges the vibrations at low rpm's and states that it's not normal. He further goes into detail about how he's been in touch with corporate and they have no idea what it can be.

On April 23 @ 3:04pm, they performed further tests directed by corporate and can't find a solution.

On April 30 @ 11:06am, Huntington states that a Porsche representative examined our vehicle on the afternoon of 4/29 and found the vehicle to be performing as per factory spec.

As per conversations with the litigation manager of PCNA, there was NEVER an inspection by any zone representative from PCNA.

The vibration at the low rpm range exceed 90db, serious ear injuries occurred during a 3.5 hour road trip.

Due to contradictory statements by the service department, I elected to record all telephone conversations. PCNA has been informed about this issue, all recorded telephone conversations have been preserved.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:15 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
That is your own fault since you actually let someone valet your car!

^ this right here. not since some idiot smoked weed in my Cayenne at the Texas Rangers Valet have I ever done valet since.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:24 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

Hoping all parties were aware of recordings being made! That's just beyond bizarre, it's like they're motivated to loose customers, not generate revenue and happy customer?!
Originally Posted by ELS
The subject dealership stated that a Porsche Regional representative examined my 2016 Porsche Cayenne (under warranty) and indicated it was safe to operate. I'm absolutely livid that a Porsche representative never even examined our vehicle and stated it was safe, prior to causing injuries. My vehicle was with Porsche Huntington for 19 days.

On April 16 @ 4:12pm, the manager of the service department acknowledges the vibrations at low rpm's and states that it's not normal. He further goes into detail about how he's been in touch with corporate and they have no idea what it can be.

On April 23 @ 3:04pm, they performed further tests directed by corporate and can't find a solution.

On April 30 @ 11:06am, Huntington states that a Porsche representative examined our vehicle on the afternoon of 4/29 and found the vehicle to be performing as per factory spec.

As per conversations with the litigation manager of PCNA, there was NEVER an inspection by any zone representative from PCNA.

The vibration at the low rpm range exceed 90db, serious ear injuries occurred during a 3.5 hour road trip.

Due to contradictory statements by the service department, I elected to record all telephone conversations. PCNA has been informed about this issue, all recorded telephone conversations have been preserved.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:38 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Default MY PORSCHE EXPERIENCE

PCNA has an entirely lackadaisical attitude. The vehicle had a transfer case replaced under warranty and without my authorization for no reason whatsoever while in for service at another Porsche dealership (new facility on LI Expressway service road). Once the transfer case was replaced, my Cayenne was never the same. It developed a vibration at 1100 rpm. Huntington wasted my time and falsely represented my vehicle was safe. Totally inexcusable! Hopefully I’ll have a face to face conversation with them one day! Ironically, their insurance companies automotive forensic engineer verified the issue. Maybe they should hire him full time.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:57 PM
ELS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by basic666
I contacted porsche, they basically said they have no direct control over dealerships, and potential resolutions. They can only act as liaisons to facilitate the communication between the dealership and i.

how useless
Contact their insurance carrier, Broadspire.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:02 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Old 09-18-2019, 08:07 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELS
Contact their insurance carrier, Broadspire.
Is this Porsche Huntington's insurance carrier? When I asked who their carrier was, I was told something else.

Quick Reply: Porsche Huntington damaged my car...