Sponsored by:

Annoying Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Annoying Drivers

Not sure if this thread is to see what annoys others on the road or just for the catharsis that will come with writing these down.

Things that mess with my driving Zen:
1. The car in the next lane swinging a foot into yours to make a wider turn on the other side.
2. The car in the turn lane that leaves a whole car length in front of them preventing the pressure plate from tripping the light.
3. The slow car that pulls out in front of you even though there is no one behind you.
4. The car that is looking for an address, turn signal on, then off, speeds up, slows down, repeat. Oblivious to the line of cars building up behind them.

There...I feel better. Others?
Old 06-07-2019, 01:52 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 185 Posts

1. Aggressive drivers with zero chill, regardless of their car - they usually land up being the overall bad drivers
Old 06-07-2019, 02:02 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Prius, Corolla, Camry drivers are the bain of my driving life here in the bay area. Worst drivers you see on the roads here in the bay area in general. If you wonder why there is ghost traffic in the freeway it's one of those cars in the fast lanes slowing everyone down. As they try to make the leaves grow on the dash of their Hybrid or electric cars. They also love to police the roads. It doesn't matter what type of person that drives those cars, it seems to me as the minute they get in those cars their driving brains and simple logic goes out the door.

They tend to pull out of driveways, change lanes, without looking or paying attention.
A bunch tends to stop 2 or 3 cars away from the light so, yes it doesn't trigger the light.
They don't pay attention to the freeway light entrances that have 2 cars per green light, so they go one at a time, Monkey See Monkey Do.
A bunch of accidents I've seen or issues tend to have these vehicles as part of the accident.
They don't pay attention to motorcycles filtering through traffic.
They love to go 40-50 mph in the freeway where speed is 65

I tend to see this only in the bay area for some reason as to when I go to Vegas, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, I don't notice this much.
To makes matters worse, BayArea is chock full of Uber/Lyft drivers that don't' follow driving rules/regulations and a bunch of times drive these cars as well, so it's a double whammy. Yes, Uber/Lyft drivers are the 2nd bain of my driving life here in the bay area. Traffic, in general, has gotten a lot worse with more and more of them around.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:21 PM
Aatish
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Not indicating that they are turning.

Hogging left lane

Anybody who uses their phone while driving
Old 06-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Aatish
Not indicating that they are turning.

Hogging left lane

Anybody who uses their phone while driving
100%
Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Distracted driving of any type.

Unsecured loads, gravel trucks and those damned blown out retread carcasses from semis.

Don't get this as much where I live now, but the idiots that are in too much in a hurry cutting in and out of heavy traffic, it doesn't get them anywhere any faster.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:49 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

the worst drivers are those who dont use turn signals
Old 06-07-2019, 04:09 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 263 Posts

The driver who brakes, moves into the turn lane and then turns on their signal! No sh*t, your turning, painfully obvious!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:18 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 182 Posts

Drivers that don't use cruise control on the highway. You know. The guy going 85 that gets right on your bumper in the left lane forcing you to let him pass. 5 minutes later you catch up to him going 65 and now he's in your way. And again and again.

And the guy who stops to make a left turn on a surface road and waits for opposing traffic to subside without pulling as far left as possible in order to allow you to drive around him on the right.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:45 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Haha, these are good, and great minds think alike. re 2010panny: ever since living in the bay area, I seem to be saying on a daily basis "mind the toyota" re 737gdog: you'd think some cars' steering wheel movement is limited if the turn signal isn't on. Indicate then maneuver, people!
Old 06-07-2019, 05:22 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Driver's making a left where there's no dedicated left turn signal on that don't move into the intersection so at least two cars can go when the light changes to red. Using turn signals after they've already moved into your lane, or no turn signal at all.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Another Bay Area characteristic is the fact that a lot of drivers are from foreign countries where they have different laws, formats, etc. I have to respect the ones from India, Japan, UK, Australia/NZ, etc., who have to navigate these roads in the opposite format as their home countries. It is a little frustrating when you have very timid drivers in front of you, though.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

I forgot one. Coming up to a stop sign and a car sits at one of the three other stop spots waiting for you to come to a complete stop before they go.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:54 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
Another Bay Area characteristic is the fact that a lot of drivers are from foreign countries where they have different laws, formats, etc. I have to respect the ones from India, Japan, UK, Australia/NZ, etc., who have to navigate these roads in the opposite format as their home countries. It is a little frustrating when you have very timid drivers in front of you, though.
you know you love dealing with these Prius, Camry and Corolla drivers on the same roads in the bay area.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:01 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 156 Posts

In the last year I’ve seen many examples of very young girls who probably have not had their license for long driving extremely aggressively. Most of the time these are incidents going on ahead of me involving other drivers, but recently on a half re-paved freeway on a dark rainy night a car came flying across the median right in front of me showering my car with rocks.

Next morning noticed the big chip in my windshield which knocked $1k off the value of my car which I’m in the process of trading in on my first 911!

Quick Reply: Annoying Drivers