Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Annoying Drivers (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1146744-annoying-drivers.html)

Jay-S 06-07-2019 01:50 PM

Annoying Drivers

Not sure if this thread is to see what annoys others on the road or just for the catharsis that will come with writing these down.

Things that mess with my driving Zen:
1. The car in the next lane swinging a foot into yours to make a wider turn on the other side.
2. The car in the turn lane that leaves a whole car length in front of them preventing the pressure plate from tripping the light.
3. The slow car that pulls out in front of you even though there is no one behind you.
4. The car that is looking for an address, turn signal on, then off, speeds up, slows down, repeat. Oblivious to the line of cars building up behind them.

There...I feel better. Others?

LargePuppy 06-07-2019 01:52 PM

1. Aggressive drivers with zero chill, regardless of their car - they usually land up being the overall bad drivers

2010panny4S 06-07-2019 02:02 PM

Prius, Corolla, Camry drivers are the bain of my driving life here in the bay area. Worst drivers you see on the roads here in the bay area in general. If you wonder why there is ghost traffic in the freeway it's one of those cars in the fast lanes slowing everyone down. As they try to make the leaves grow on the dash of their Hybrid or electric cars. They also love to police the roads. It doesn't matter what type of person that drives those cars, it seems to me as the minute they get in those cars their driving brains and simple logic goes out the door.

They tend to pull out of driveways, change lanes, without looking or paying attention.
A bunch tends to stop 2 or 3 cars away from the light so, yes it doesn't trigger the light.
They don't pay attention to the freeway light entrances that have 2 cars per green light, so they go one at a time, Monkey See Monkey Do.
A bunch of accidents I've seen or issues tend to have these vehicles as part of the accident.
They don't pay attention to motorcycles filtering through traffic.
They love to go 40-50 mph in the freeway where speed is 65

I tend to see this only in the bay area for some reason as to when I go to Vegas, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, I don't notice this much.
To makes matters worse, BayArea is chock full of Uber/Lyft drivers that don't' follow driving rules/regulations and a bunch of times drive these cars as well, so it's a double whammy. Yes, Uber/Lyft drivers are the 2nd bain of my driving life here in the bay area. Traffic, in general, has gotten a lot worse with more and more of them around.

Aatish 06-07-2019 02:21 PM

Not indicating that they are turning.

Hogging left lane

Anybody who uses their phone while driving

Porsche_nuts 06-07-2019 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Aatish (Post 15892725)
Not indicating that they are turning.

Hogging left lane

Anybody who uses their phone while driving

100%

BSO 06-07-2019 02:46 PM

Distracted driving of any type.

Unsecured loads, gravel trucks and those damned blown out retread carcasses from semis.

Don't get this as much where I live now, but the idiots that are in too much in a hurry cutting in and out of heavy traffic, it doesn't get them anywhere any faster.

koven 06-07-2019 02:49 PM

the worst drivers are those who dont use turn signals

737gdog 06-07-2019 04:09 PM

The driver who brakes, moves into the turn lane and then turns on their signal! No sh*t, your turning, painfully obvious!

JW911 06-07-2019 04:18 PM

Drivers that don't use cruise control on the highway. You know. The guy going 85 that gets right on your bumper in the left lane forcing you to let him pass. 5 minutes later you catch up to him going 65 and now he's in your way. And again and again.

And the guy who stops to make a left turn on a surface road and waits for opposing traffic to subside without pulling as far left as possible in order to allow you to drive around him on the right.

_RS_ 06-07-2019 04:45 PM

Haha, these are good, and great minds think alike. re 2010panny: ever since living in the bay area, I seem to be saying on a daily basis "mind the toyota" re 737gdog: you'd think some cars' steering wheel movement is limited if the turn signal isn't on. Indicate then maneuver, people!

saeyedoc 06-07-2019 05:22 PM

Driver's making a left where there's no dedicated left turn signal on that don't move into the intersection so at least two cars can go when the light changes to red. Using turn signals after they've already moved into your lane, or no turn signal at all.

whiteducktail 06-07-2019 05:27 PM

Another Bay Area characteristic is the fact that a lot of drivers are from foreign countries where they have different laws, formats, etc. I have to respect the ones from India, Japan, UK, Australia/NZ, etc., who have to navigate these roads in the opposite format as their home countries. It is a little frustrating when you have very timid drivers in front of you, though.

Jay-S 06-07-2019 05:39 PM

I forgot one. Coming up to a stop sign and a car sits at one of the three other stop spots waiting for you to come to a complete stop before they go.

2010panny4S 06-07-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by whiteducktail (Post 15893183)
Another Bay Area characteristic is the fact that a lot of drivers are from foreign countries where they have different laws, formats, etc. I have to respect the ones from India, Japan, UK, Australia/NZ, etc., who have to navigate these roads in the opposite format as their home countries. It is a little frustrating when you have very timid drivers in front of you, though.

you know you love dealing with these Prius, Camry and Corolla drivers on the same roads in the bay area. :roflmao:

sr5959 06-07-2019 06:01 PM

In the last year I’ve seen many examples of very young girls who probably have not had their license for long driving extremely aggressively. Most of the time these are incidents going on ahead of me involving other drivers, but recently on a half re-paved freeway on a dark rainy night a car came flying across the median right in front of me showering my car with rocks.

Next morning noticed the big chip in my windshield which knocked $1k off the value of my car which I’m in the process of trading in on my first 911!