Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 10:10 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 962 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Finally got to put some road under the dsc today. I think its made the car a bit more calm and not as jittery. Seems to have smoothed out the ride in all situations. Is this whats to be expected?
That is about what is expected when driving/commuting like a normal car. I can attest from having just done a back to back comparison (with OEM module) that the car is deceptively better in everyway.
The more you push the car the more you will feel the car being more flat through turns, far less dive and squat in acceleration and braking and factory Firm level of suspension stiffness when pushed very hard even in normal mode.
At the end of the day, the more the car is pushed the more DSC shines
Old 10-21-2022, 08:17 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 830 Likes on 551 Posts

Got to put another 120 miles today and I am quite happy with it.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:37 AM
LoodorneGT4
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

@DSC Sport

-Which map should be loaded into the DSC V3 build in 04-2020 for 718 GT4?
-Any performance difference between V3 2018-2020 generation and the newest build?
Thanks

Last edited by LoodorneGT4; 11-22-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:34 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 962 Posts

@TPC Racing@Tom@TPC Racing

Tom,

Please chime in on my issue when you have a moment.

I had PDCC issues later last year (clunking sound from front PDCC) due to PDCC being disconnected for a repair and not being correctly bled/refilled after repair. Dealer was eventually able to bleed and fix that issue.

I am now having the same issues in the rear and have swapped my DSC for the OEM unit and have dropped the car at dealer for diagnostics. I am guessing the PDCC still wasnt bled properly or there is another issue.. BUT, as I swapped the DSC and replaced it with OEM unit, the problem went away.

The problem: at very low speeds, 15 MPH or lower, when going over bumps, potholes or parking lot speed bumps, I hear a clunk from rear as if there is "play" in either sway bar or other suspension piece.
Issue happens more when rear goes over bumps in an uneven fashion and chassis sways/moves side - to -side. With DSC installed, the problem is less severe if I activate Sport suspension.

Any idea what this could be.. and why DSC seems to be exaggerating the issue and OEM unit is Hiding it?

My uneducated guess is that OEM Stock unit's settings are so stiff that suspension/chassis doesnt move side to side and hence it hides the issue with PDCC. DSC is supple (in straight line) thus allowing the "play" in suspension and hence the underline issue with PDCC is more evident.

Any ideas are appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
LoodorneGT4 (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 951 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
I am now having the same issues in the rear and have swapped my DSC for the OEM unit and have dropped the car at dealer for diagnostics. I am guessing the PDCC still wasnt bled properly or there is another issue.. BUT, as I swapped the DSC and replaced it with OEM unit, the problem went away.

The problem: at very low speeds, 15 MPH or lower, when going over bumps, potholes or parking lot speed bumps, I hear a clunk from rear as if there is "play" in either sway bar or other suspension piece.
Issue happens more when rear goes over bumps in an uneven fashion and chassis sways/moves side - to -side. With DSC installed, the problem is less severe if I activate Sport suspension.

Any idea what this could be.. and why DSC seems to be exaggerating the issue and OEM unit is Hiding it?

My uneducated guess is that OEM Stock unit's settings are so stiff that suspension/chassis doesnt move side to side and hence it hides the issue with PDCC. DSC is supple (in straight line) thus allowing the "play" in suspension and hence the underline issue with PDCC is more evident.

Any ideas are appreciated.
I agree with your guess. The PDCC dampers(sway bars dampers) are actuated by hydraulic pressure. If there's any cavitation(air pocket) in the PDCC damper's hydraulic circuit it will then create sort of a dead spot in it's travel range. With DSC controller's softer chassis damper commands in Normal mode, it may be soft enough to approach that spot in the sway bar damper's travel. Also, check the sway bar nuts, a loose sway bar nut can make noise.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

desmotesta (01-09-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 02:45 PM
blraider97
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Default DSC Availability

Is there a vendor that has these in stock for a ‘19 C4S with PASM? Some of the usual suspects show that the units are on back order status while other don’t specify. Will call on Monday/Tuesday but would prefer to get feedback sooner if possible. Ready to order yesterday.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by blraider97
Is there a vendor that has these in stock for a ‘19 C4S with PASM? Some of the usual suspects show that the units are on back order status while other don’t specify. Will call on Monday/Tuesday but would prefer to get feedback sooner if possible. Ready to order yesterday.
PM sent.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:00 AM
DarienA
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I had one in my Carrera and the improvements were very noticeable(loved it), with that being said now that I have a TTS(sold the DSC when I sold the car) I've gone back and forth on how much of an improvement this would add to the TTS. I felt like I needed it in the Carrera when I first bought it (hated the ride before I had it installed), but I've had my TTS for a few months now and I have no qualms with stock feel in normal, sport and sport +....

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by DarienA; 01-17-2023 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 02:38 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Hi, I know it's not the right forum but has anyone heard of anyone using the DSC module on the GT4 RS? Works?
Old 01-17-2023, 03:10 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tdlondon
Hi, I know it's not the right forum but has anyone heard of anyone using the DSC module on the GT4 RS? Works?
Yes, it works! Right away it makes the ride in Normal mode more comfortable. Makes Sport mode more dynamic by starting with softer damping force and then increases to g-force and load, also adjusts to suspension travel velocity(High/Med/Low speed Compression and Rebound). This is great for different sections of twisties and canyon runs. This beautiful car is not our shop car, our shop car's build has been delayed by Porsche. This car belongs to a local customer who is a lifelong sports car driver and a GT3 Cup racer. So far all street use since the tracks are closed for Winter. All positive feedback thus far. Will be on track in mid-March.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tom@TPC Racing:
pfbz (01-17-2023), tdlondon (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 03:32 PM
tdlondon
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
Yes, it works! Right away it makes the ride in Normal mode more comfortable. Makes Sport mode more dynamic by starting with softer damping force and then increases to g-force and load, also adjusts to suspension travel velocity(High/Med/Low speed Compression and Rebound). This is great for different sections of twisties and canyon runs. This beautiful car is not our shop car, our shop car's build has been delayed by Porsche. This car belongs to a local customer who is a lifelong sports car driver and a GT3 Cup racer. So far all street use since the tracks are closed for Winter. All positive feedback thus far. Will be on track in mid-March.
Awesome news, thank you! I am about to receive my car if they stop pushing it out... and all I hear is that the OEM suspension setup is much better than the base GT4/Spyder is/was, but yes people complain that in normal daily strolls the ride is too harsh. So if it does make it a better ride in normal mode, that's very promising! Would the programming be the same of the base GT4 or is there another file?

This guards red example is gorgeous!! This is my exact setup other than platinum wheels. Everything else the same!

Last edited by tdlondon; 01-17-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:46 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tdlondon
Awesome news, thank you! I am about to receive my car if they stop pushing it out... and all I hear is that the OEM suspension setup is much better than the base GT4/Spyder is/was, but yes people complain that in normal daily strolls the ride is too harsh. So if it does make it a better ride in normal mode, that's very promising! Would the programming be the same of the base GT4 or is there another file?

This guards red example is gorgeous!! This is my exact setup other than platinum wheels. Everything else the same!
That's what the car owner said. The ride on street is improved with DSC. Makes him want to drive this car all the time. LOL
I used the standard DSC calibration file which commands the full output range of the dampers on the car. Didn't change anything in the file. Only zero'ed the ride height sensors.
The standard DSC file command range in Normal mode starts at 3% and goes up to 100% as the load increases to max. I could have tried starting at 1% but he liked on the first drive and said don't change it.
pfbz (01-17-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 10:30 AM
Tfk
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
I'd glad to. Presuming for high performance street with occasional track use:

Front camber -1.7
Front toe + 6' per wheel
Rear camber -2.0
Rear toe +14' per wheel
may I use these alignment specs for a 991.1tts with bilstein damptronics?

thank you
Old 03-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tfk
may I use these alignment specs for a 991.1tts with bilstein damptronics?

thank you
Yes, this is a good set of numbers for high performance street that can be used for all 991 models. May have to reduce camber slightly(like by 0.2 or 0.3) since the final ride height affects the achievable camber range, and cars that have GT3 type control arms can add more camber. Without know specifics its not easy to provide numbers. I am actually not asking for specifics, that'd be chassis setup person's job to do. I am just pointing out that the specifics such as ride height and other parts on the car will vary the achievable numbers. Just for reference OEM GT3 camber is -1.3/-1.3. Anything close to that for camber the car should handle good.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:14 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Hey @Tom@TPC Racing , I seem to have a dead DSC unit, when I connect and try to "read all" it times out. Have a PASM fail message on the car. Stock unit seems to clear the error. Question, are these repairable if I'd send it in?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module