Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 12:40 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 962 Posts

@TPC Racing can you please clear if PDCC has any impact on how the V3 reacts?

My previous .1 GTS did not have PDCC and the new-to-me .1 GTS does have PDCC

Both my personal (human) g-meter and car's in-built (subjective) G-meter confirm that I am not going as fast through some of my favorite butterfly ramps. (Both cars had new MP4S tires. new car has new MP4s tires with 800 miles)
may G meter readouts on PDCC car through a couple of sustained angle ramps are 1.25 when older non-PDCC car used to hit 1.33-1.35. TO me that is a significant difference, one I felt before I confirmed via so-called G meter.
Car starts to understeer and tires begin to squeal on the new car with PDCC when the previous car never exhibited this behavior with DSC V3.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by desmotesta; 04-13-2022 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 951 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
@TPC Racing can you please clear if PDCC has any impact on how the V3 reacts?

My previous .1 GTS did not have PDCC and the new-to-me .1 GTS does have PDCC

Both my personal (human) g-meter and car's in-built (subjective) G-meter confirm that I am not going as fast through some of my favorite butterfly ramps. (Both cars had new MP4S tires. new car has new MP4s tires with 800 miles)
may G meter readouts on PDCC car through a couple of sustained angle ramps are 1.25 when older non-PDCC car used to hit 1.33-1.35. TO me that is a significant difference, one I felt before I confirmed via so-called G meter.
Car starts to understeer and tires begin to squeal on the new car with PDCC when the previous car never exhibited this behavior with DSC V3.

Any input is appreciated.
PDCC has its own controller and works independently from DSC controller. With the tire size/model and tire pressure and road surface conditions being equal the difference you're feeling could be the alignment setting on the two cars or the PDCC sway bar stiffness rate between the two different cars. PDCC controls the sway bar stiffness to load; can turn sway bar stiffness off/on as programmed by the factor people. I don't know if the sway bar rate itself is different between PDCC and non. DSC controller controls the four shock dampers and dynamic engine mounts.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 04-13-2022, 01:49 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 962 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
PDCC has its own controller and works independently from DSC controller. With the tire size/model and tire pressure and road surface conditions being equal the difference you're feeling could be the alignment setting on the two cars or the PDCC sway bar stiffness rate between the two different cars. PDCC controls the sway bar stiffness to load; can turn sway bar stiffness off/on as programmed by the factor people. I don't know if the sway bar rate itself is different between PDCC and non. DSC controller controls the four shock dampers and dynamic engine mounts.
Thank you for your prompt response

My next step was going to be alignment, your response confirmed that.

If that doesn't get me to where I want, I will start paying with DSC settings.

Thanks again
Old 04-14-2022, 07:35 PM
Throttlesteer68
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long time lurker, but decided to register for real. I've been running the DSC Tuner in my 981 CS for a couple of years right out of the box. However, I plan to customize a few of the configurations but have a few questions before I go too far. I've watched the videos and followed many of the threads on here. I've got some ideas in mind regarding the recommended areas to realize the most benefit. However, I'm curious whether I need to zero the ride height when swapping wheels back and forth? The car is primarily used for autocross, but I run 18" wheels with Hoosier A7s vs. the 20" stock wheels and street tires. In theory, it would make sense. If I only did so in Sport setting, could I retain the Normal settings without the damper button selected?

Besides the G Sport parameters, shock calibration, and velocity, are there any areas I should strongly consider? In addition to the Hoosiers, I'm running GT3 LCA, GT3 Sways S/M, and Tarret Toe links. I've got roughly -2.7/-2.0 camber F/R and things are pretty tidy. The opportunities seem to be further minimizing nose dip and flattening things out a bit more laterally. I'm also interested in maintaining grip through sweepers with uneven or off camber surfaces. I appreciate any advice.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:38 PM
Z996Z
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

@Tom@TPC Racing or anyone else you has their DSC controller for a 991.1 handy, can you confirm whether the pins that are bent together in the pics linked in the folder below supposed to be like that? I had a couple error message come up upon install and unsure if it’s related to these pins or if there’s another (hopefully easy) fix. I reverted back to stock and no more error messages. Thanks in advance!

Pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GwkxoVyo6C5-t-

EDIT: Couldn't resist straightening the pin and getting the controller back in the car. No more error codes and the car feels great!

Last edited by Z996Z; 05-30-2022 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:12 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 128 Posts

Yep, those are the exact errors you will receive with a bad connection/bad module. I had my V3 go haywire and once replaced everything was fine. Connection pins are not designed that way. to accept a doubled up pin, so it must have been slightly bent when you installed it. You should be able to just straighten it out and go with it.
Tom at TPC will chime in to get you going. Great customer service.
Good Luck
Old 05-29-2022, 04:16 PM
Z996Z
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmarino
Yep, those are the exact errors you will receive with a bad connection/bad module. I had my V3 go haywire and once replaced everything was fine. Connection pins are not designed that way. to accept a doubled up pin, so it must have been slightly bent when you installed it. You should be able to just straighten it out and go with it.
Tom at TPC will chime in to get you going. Great customer service.
Good Luck
The pics of the pins are actually how I received the unit from a previous owner and from before I installed the controller. It almost looked like it was supposed to be that way and was told the PO didn't have any issues/errors when running it in his car. I'll hold off on messing with it until I hear back from Tom. Thanks for your input, I was really excited to finally get this on the car so hopefully we can figure something out.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:20 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 830 Likes on 551 Posts

Yikes that pin is mangled, hope it straightens out without breaking.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:24 AM
Z996Z
Advanced

Originally Posted by B Russ
Yikes that pin is mangled, hope it straightens out without breaking.
Surprisingly I was able to straighten the pin and reinstall in the car without any error codes. In the limited time I had to go for a quick test drive, the car definitely feels a lot smoother driving normally but more planted in the few underpass U turns and tight corners I was able to run through. Looking forward to more seat time this week!
Old 05-30-2022, 01:06 AM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z996Z
Surprisingly I was able to straighten the pin and reinstall in the car without any error codes. In the limited time I had to go for a quick test drive, the car definitely feels a lot smoother driving normally but more planted in the few underpass U turns and tight corners I was able to run through. Looking forward to more seat time this week!
Great to hear you got it worked out!
Old 05-31-2022, 01:39 AM
Z996Z
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmarino
Great to hear you got it worked out!
Thanks! Felt like I was doing open heart surgery straightening it out but thankfully with some patience and lots of praying it came out pretty good and I'm enjoying every minute of the smooth drive!
Old 05-31-2022, 03:31 AM
AlexZTuned
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 127 Posts

Thought I would reach out and ask if anyone has played with the launch control settings.

I don’t think the standard setup works well with my C4 + hybrid turbos - are there any recommended settings for AWD big power setups? I’m running R888R’s on all 4 corners and still bounce off the rev limiter in 1st gear
before it hooks up.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:20 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 638 Likes on 236 Posts

@Tom@TPC Racing or anyone else you has their DSC controller for a 991.1 handy, can you confirm whether the pins that are bent together in the pics linked in the folder below supposed to be like that? I had a couple error message come up upon install and unsure if it’s related to these pins or if there’s another (hopefully easy) fix. I reverted back to stock and no more error messages. Thanks in advance!

Pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GwkxoVyo6C5-t-

EDIT: Couldn't resist straightening the pin and getting the controller back in the car. No more error codes and the car feels great!

I had the EXACT same errors on my car. It was my 5th track day using the new DSC controller with the RS file. Very strange it came up, I am going to check if the pins are bent like this.

Edit: My unit was out of the car as I needed to bring it back to dealership for some things. I checked the pins and they were not bent. Head scratcher for sure....

Last edited by LWG; 05-31-2022 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:58 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Thanks! Felt like I was doing open heart surgery straightening it out but thankfully with some patience and lots of praying it came out pretty good and I'm enjoying every minute of the smooth drive!
Usually the pin materials in connectors is fairly ductile as it needs to be formed into weird shapes at times, or at least be able to take the abuse that your connector did.
Enjoy the ride.........
Old 05-31-2022, 03:03 PM
tmarino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LWG
I had the EXACT same errors on my car. It was my 5th track day using the new DSC controller with the RS file. Very strange it came up, I am going to check if the pins are bent like this.

Edit: My unit was out of the car as I needed to bring it back to dealership for some things. I checked the pins and they were not bent. Head scratcher for sure....
I also experienced the errors a year ago and TPC exchanged out the unit but it can be re-flashed, over the air if I remember right, to put it back to it's original state. Not something that happens often but error combo leads right to it. You can also isolate the DSC module by swapping back to the original really quick.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module