Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport V3 Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 11:48 PM
acwild70
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This may be a stupid question but does this work in Sport Plus. I have a ‘12 C2S. Manual Sport Chrono with PDCC and Sport PASM

im sure this has been asked prior but I couldn’t find it

jay
Old 11-12-2021, 11:06 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 951 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by acwild70
This may be a stupid question but does this work in Sport Plus. I have a ‘12 C2S. Manual Sport Chrono with PDCC and Sport PASM

im sure this has been asked prior but I couldn’t find it

jay
Your answer is below. Copy & paste from page 12 of the thread(post #167) :

With DSC installed the Suspension mode selection becomes independent from Engine/PDK mode selection.
There are only two Suspension modes, the two Suspension modes are Normal and Sport.
Sport PLUS is not a Suspension mode. Sport PLUS is a mode for the Engine/PDK.
With the stock PASM controller when Sport PLUS is activated, it bundles the Suspension Sport mode.
With DSC installed, the Suspension mode switching is not bundled to the Engine/PDK mode since DSC's Suspension mode switching is independent.
As you have pointed out, DSC remembers the Suspension mode that's last used, so the next time the car is started it remains in that mode.
With DSC installed the only way to switch Suspension mode between Normal and Sport is by using the Suspension button.
This is a feature, not a bug. This has been referenced on Rennlist threads and on other forums dozens of times.

In each DSC mode the dynamic suspension stiffness command range is very wide; DSC Normal mode range 5% to 100% , DSC Sport mode range is 20% to 100%.
I find that most drivers with DSC just leaves the Suspension mode in Sport since DSC's dynamic range covers the entire min and max of the stock PASM controller.
No, it is not possible to make DSC Suspension mode bundle to Engine/PDK PLUS mode.
Why? Because it is completely unnecessary to increase suspension static stiffness by 40-50% without dynamic load.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

The following 3 users liked this post by Tom@TPC Racing:
acwild70 (11-15-2021), Martin S. (11-16-2021), Need4S (11-20-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 05:49 PM
LargePuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 188 Posts

Just wanted to let you know that the controller arrived earlier this week and I installed it last night.

Amazing!

Thank you for the fantastic transaction; everyone needs to get this mod!

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
It was mailed to you yesterday.
USPS priority mail.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:58 PM
trinity510
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

When did you order and how long did it take??? They are quoting 2022.......
Old 11-15-2021, 10:01 PM
acwild70
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing

With DSC installed the Suspension mode selection becomes independent from Engine/PDK mode selection.
There are only two Suspension modes, the two Suspension modes are Normal and Sport.
With the stock PASM controller when Sport PLUS is activated, it bundles the Suspension Sport mode.
With DSC installed, the Suspension mode switching is not bundled to the Engine/PDK mode since DSC's Suspension mode switching is independent.
As you have pointed out, DSC remembers the Suspension mode that's last used, so the next time the car is started it remains in that mode.
With DSC installed the only way to switch Suspension mode between Normal and Sport is by using the Suspension button.
This is a feature, not a bug. This has been referenced on Rennlist threads and on other forums dozens of times.

In each DSC mode the dynamic suspension stiffness command range is very wide; DSC Normal mode range 5% to 100% , DSC Sport mode range is 20% to 100%.
I find that most drivers with DSC just leaves the Suspension mode in Sport since DSC's dynamic range covers the entire min and max of the stock PASM controller.
No, it is not possible to make DSC Suspension mode bundle to Engine/PDK PLUS mode.
Why? Because it is completely unnecessary to increase suspension static stiffness by 40-50% without dynamic load.

ThankYou Very Much

Jay
Old 11-20-2021, 02:01 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing

I’m one who has a DSC and uses Sport almost all the time. The only exception is extremely bumpy pavement. Otherwise, I find Normal a bit too floaty on freeway undulations. I can probably retune it for more rebound control, but it’s easier to just leave it on Sport.
The following 4 users liked this post by Need4S:
4 Point 0 (11-20-2021), acwild70 (11-23-2021), Liste-Renn (12-06-2021), Onad (11-20-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 12:58 PM
sixpins
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking to pick up a DSC controller module for my 991.2, my car has been put into hibernation for the winter now so won't be installing until spring however my local supplier only has one left in stock so I'm considering jumping on it to avoid having to possibly wait extended period for re-stock due to supply chain issues etc.

Just wondering if there is any talk of a V4 module coming out for the 991.2 anytime soon? I would hate to buy this unit in advance only to see a newer module come out before I have even installed the V3 lol
Old 12-02-2021, 12:14 AM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 117 Posts

Tom - sorry to ask but there are way to many lists to find my answer.

1. I just purchased a v3 for my 991.1 used
2. It was installed on a 2014 turbo s
3. I see there is an individual file for that vs. GT3 touring file.
4. I am about to also lower carbon either H&R springs or B16’s

my questions:

1. Will I need to delete and download new file for GT3 touring?
2. What’s the verdict on no track time but very spirited street driving? Spings or coils overs?
Old 12-02-2021, 12:27 AM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 117 Posts

Copy
Old 12-02-2021, 12:38 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

I have a 991.2 V3 DSC Sport Controller available with USB Cable and original box. Listed in the Marketplace as I just sold my C4 awaiting my BGTS4.0 build.

PS For anyone considering, Tom and Jeremy at TPC are fantastic and the DSC is miles above the stock PASM. There is no comparison, worth every penny and top mod I did along with my Soul cats.
The following 2 users liked this post by nicholascanada:
Brian Himmelman (12-12-2021), Tom@TPC Racing (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 04:17 AM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizo

my questions:

2. What’s the verdict on no track time but very spirited street driving? Spings or coils overs?

I run gt3 Touring on B16's on my V3. The previous owner of my V3 had it on a turbo and it was too floaty, once I swapped to the GT3 Touring file it was MUCH more to my liking.

I had the techart springs previous to my Damptronics, def an upgrade.
Flashing the V3 with the GT3 Touring file is super simple with their software, I have an old PC I use for this work.

Last edited by Joec500; 12-02-2021 at 04:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tom@TPC Racing (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 11:10 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sixpins
I'm looking to pick up a DSC controller module for my 991.2, my car has been put into hibernation for the winter now so won't be installing until spring however my local supplier only has one left in stock so I'm considering jumping on it to avoid having to possibly wait extended period for re-stock due to supply chain issues etc.

Just wondering if there is any talk of a V4 module coming out for the 991.2 anytime soon? I would hate to buy this unit in advance only to see a newer module come out before I have even installed the V3 lol
No plans for V4 on 991 since the V3's performance/versatility is extremely hard to beat, as we proven from street use, track days, to endurance racing.
New V3 controllers should available a week or two ahead of schedule despite of supply chain issues and labor shortage. We been working hard to make this happen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tom@TPC Racing:
acwild70 (12-02-2021), Need4S (12-11-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wizo

my questions:

1. Writing a new file automatically wipes the old file in the DSC controller.
2. Coilovers! Preferably from me.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:38 PM
rhody718
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey @Tom@TPC Racing ,

I tried searching the thread here but couldn't find an answer -- what's the special about the Carrera T calibration? Does it just account for weight reduction (vs a standard 991.2)?

I installed my v3 controller in my T today and love it so far, but I'm wondering what the difference is between that and the standard 991 calibration or the GT3T one.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2021, 10:08 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 962 Posts

Originally Posted by rhody718
Hey @Tom@TPC Racing ,

I tried searching the thread here but couldn't find an answer -- what's the special about the Carrera T calibration? Does it just account for weight reduction (vs a standard 991.2)?

I installed my v3 controller in my T today and love it so far, but I'm wondering what the difference is between that and the standard 991 calibration or the GT3T one.

Thanks!

Maybe I am missing something here, but the weight difference between a stock Carrera T and base.2 is similar to the weight difference of a Li-ion battery and couple of grocery bags. Why would 50-60 pounds require a whole other file?
Even similar trim cars ( two .2 base, 2 GTSs or Targas) can vary that much in weight simply because of the options picked at build..

Like I said, may be I am missing something

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module