Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 05:34 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 944 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
What I will say is the car is sensational. It's by far the best it has ever been. It seems soft on the track. Maybe because I have been driving around on the street in full track stiffness. Or maybe because the suspesion is actaully working and moving up and down, rather than just skipping across bumps. Anyway, I am very pleased with the unprecedented levels of grip I have at present. Thank you TOM.

A quick question. I noticed front wheels are negative values. if I see -10% and I want to increase by 5% do I change it to -5% or to I change it to -15%?
Awesome. If its a -10% and you want to increase by 5% then you would change it to -5%. Basically you are making it 5% closer to zero.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

The following users liked this post:
4 Point 0 (05-07-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 05:38 PM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

*NEW* DSC Sport Tuning Software Tutorial Video- Its has been 6 long years since the previous DSC Sport Tuning Software Tutorial video. Over the years we have made many advancements and added more applications! Checkout out our newest video for software overview, functions, and basic DIY tuning!

The following 5 users liked this post by DSC Sport:
David Borden (06-02-2021), jimjoe997 (05-21-2021), manifold danger (05-20-2021), pfbz (05-27-2021), spyderbret (05-20-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 10:12 PM
YetiRojo
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm hoping someone can help clear up some confusion on which files I should be using. I've read the whole thread, and I think I'm more confused now than I was before I started!

First of all, if I've got a 991 Turbo S with a Kline catless exhaust, should I be using the 9x1 w/ LNC or the 991 TT w/ Act Exh?

I like to use launch control whenever the opportunity (safely) presents itself. Since I have a stage 2 tune, I find the tires spinning a lot more than I did before I did the tune. I've seen comments about users that have made changes to include the grip at launch, but I don't understand what changes they've made.

As far as the maps go, my favorite type of driving is on twisty country backroads. What are the benefits of the GT3 Touring file compared to the Turbo file?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2021, 11:00 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by YetiRojo
I'm hoping someone can help clear up some confusion on which files I should be using. I've read the whole thread, and I think I'm more confused now than I was before I started!

First of all, if I've got a 991 Turbo S with a Kline catless exhaust, should I be using the 9x1 w/ LNC or the 991 TT w/ Act Exh?
For Vehicle Type selection use 9x1 w/ LNC.

The 9x1 w/ Act Exh selection is for future optional hardware upgrade to be able to DSC controller to control switching of exhaust sound on cars equipped with electronic valved exhaust system. It really doesn't matter even if you select this now because the extra hardware doesn't exist in the controller for this future option function. Also this option requires factory PSE or aftermarket exhaust system with control valves in order to be controlled by DSC.

As far as the maps go, my favorite type of driving is on twisty country backroads. What are the benefits of the GT3 Touring file compared to the Turbo file?
Both calibration files are great for twisty. The GT3 Tour is more popular probably bc the name sounds cooler. LOL. Both files achieve 100% output command at 1.0g. Can't go wrong with either. If you DSC is 2021 then its comes GT3 Tour file.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:30 AM
YetiRojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
For Vehicle Type selection use 9x1 w/ LNC.

The 9x1 w/ Act Exh selection is for future optional hardware upgrade to be able to DSC controller to control switching of exhaust sound on cars equipped with electronic valved exhaust system. It really doesn't matter even if you select this now because the extra hardware doesn't exist in the controller for this future option function. Also this option requires factory PSE or aftermarket exhaust system with control valves in order to be controlled by DSC.

Both calibration files are great for twisty. The GT3 Tour is more popular probably bc the name sounds cooler. LOL. Both files achieve 100% output command at 1.0g. Can't go wrong with either. If you DSC is 2021 then its comes GT3 Tour file.
Thanks Tom!

I've seen comments that people have made changes to reduce the wheelspin on launch for tuned cars. Which parameters do I adjust to improve the traction?
Old 05-27-2021, 12:33 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Tom!

I've seen comments that people have made changes to reduce the wheelspin on launch for tuned cars. Which parameters do I adjust to improve the traction?
Checkout vids in DSC Sport Youtube channel such as this one-
Just FYI, the 991 PASM button LED cannot be made to blink, its just how the button is wired from the factory.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:17 PM
YetiRojo
Instructor

I've watched that a couple of times.

On the Turbo S file, the Fronts are set at 75% and the Rears are at 25%. In the video the fronts were at 100% and the rears were at 10%. Does this mean that if I have wheelspin on launch I should take the rears down to 10% or 15%, and should I increase the front? Again, my car has a stage 2 tune and is probably around 600 hp and 700 ft/lb of torque according to Sam. I've got time on a Dyno on Saturday so I'll know for certain where I am after that.

Also, the video shows the "quick stab" of the gas while standing on the brake. Is that something I have to do in addition to standing on the brake and then flooring the gas to activate the launch control on the car, or can I just stand on the brake, stand on the gas, and because the car knows it is in launch mode the DSC controller knows to preset the suspension for launch?

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2021, 01:23 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've watched that a couple of times.

On the Turbo S file, the Fronts are set at 75% and the Rears are at 25%. In the video the fronts were at 100% and the rears were at 10%. Does this mean that if I have wheelspin on launch I should take the rears down to 10% or 15%, and should I increase the front? Again, my car has a stage 2 tune and is probably around 600 hp and 700 ft/lb of torque according to Sam. I've got time on a Dyno on Saturday so I'll know for certain where I am after that.

Also, the video shows the "quick stab" of the gas while standing on the brake. Is that something I have to do in addition to standing on the brake and then flooring the gas to activate the launch control on the car, or can I just stand on the brake, stand on the gas, and because the car knows it is in launch mode the DSC controller knows to preset the suspension for launch?

Thanks!

Suspension tuning a black art. There are external condition factors involved. 90 front /10 rear would be a good place to start. Respectfully I cannot teach or custom tune for every user so you'll have the experiment with these numbers.
YetiRojo (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 01:54 PM
YetiRojo
Instructor

Makes sense. I didn't intend to ask for a custom tune, I was just looking for clarity on where to make the adjustments.

Does the DSC need the extra blip of the throttle to know to engage the launch control function, or does just doing the standard procedure on the 911 Turbo set the suspension properly?

thanks!
Old 05-27-2021, 01:57 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Makes sense. I didn't intend to ask for a custom tune, I was just looking for clarity on where to make the adjustments.

Does the DSC need the extra blip of the throttle to know to engage the launch control function, or does just doing the standard procedure on the 911 Turbo set the suspension properly?

thanks!
One hard blip as per the video.
YetiRojo (05-27-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 03:59 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

@Tom or any other member with experience.

My 991.2 GTS with DSC V3 controller and SPAM will visit Nurburgring soon for a 2 days Master Training.
As I will be next to Manthey Racing I am considering install lower springs and get the sport car alignment from Manthey.
The DSC controller will have any issues if I lower the car?
I mainly drive the car in road and visit track days 1-2 times per year.
Thank you,
Old 06-19-2021, 10:20 PM
911toR8
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Selling mine if anyones interested!
Old 06-21-2021, 01:23 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Basic question with DSC v3 on my Carrera T - what is the big difference if the sport suspension button is selected or not?

I thought the DSC allows more travel but reacts faster than stock sport setting to travel and stiffens up - where as before the sport suspension before was stiffer to start with and stays stiffer.

In "regular" suspension mode does the DSC stiffen up the suspension as travel increases?

Old 06-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by nilaz
@Tom or any other member with experience.

My 991.2 GTS with DSC V3 controller and SPAM will visit Nurburgring soon for a 2 days Master Training.
As I will be next to Manthey Racing I am considering install lower springs and get the sport car alignment from Manthey.
The DSC controller will have any issues if I lower the car?
I mainly drive the car in road and visit track days 1-2 times per year.
Thank you,
DSC GT3 Tour file is excellent. Use Chassis Sport mode for track.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:29 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Basic question with DSC v3 on my Carrera T - what is the big difference if the sport suspension button is selected or not?

I thought the DSC allows more travel but reacts faster than stock sport setting to travel and stiffens up - where as before the sport suspension before was stiffer to start with and stays stiffer.

In "regular" suspension mode does the DSC stiffen up the suspension as travel increases?

On 2021 DSC V3 controllers:
DSC Normal mode has dynamic operating range for 1% to 100%.
DSC Sport mode has dynamic operating range for 15% to 100%.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport V3 Control Module