Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 11:52 AM
derpington
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts

17K miles on Option B, so fairly average. Cyberbug's car, unfortunately, does not have LWBS, and that, like manual, is a non-negotiable option for me I had them in my 981 Spyder, and I definitely could not bring myself to own a car that had them available that did not have them.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:43 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Nice mention in Total 911

911T
The following 7 users liked this post by roketman:
BA73 (09-28-2022), MannyLon (09-24-2022), Oileater (09-25-2022), S S (09-24-2022), Wilder (09-25-2022), Wing Commander (09-24-2022), zap city (09-25-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,317 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
Option C. If it isn't what you want, you'll not be happy with it. If you could live with it, you would have bought one already and been driving vice posting! Plus:

- 50k in 4ish years is a lot. That's surpassing even Wing Commander who is Hero Status...
- Miles on Option B? Anything else to warrant it being over MSRP?

SS

Not being put off by highish miles (shame about the sunroof) I’d opt for the white one.

Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
S S (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 05:17 PM
MannyLon
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by roketman
911T
When was this wriiten?
Old 09-24-2022, 05:32 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 219 Posts

I’d get the silver. With LWBS I don’t feel the Carrera T interior package is necessary, to me it detracted from Miami Blue maybe not GT silver or white but either way not necessary. The PCCBs are awesome but if I was going to track I’d prefer upgraded steel braking system. All that being said it depends on your usage, if you plan to track get the silver and upgrade the brakes. If your bent on giving your interior some flare with the LWBS I’d just talk to P1desings for the inserts in silver sportex or whatever color you want. Can’t get rid of a sunroof but you can definitely upgrade brakes.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:20 AM
parkman4
7th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey fellas, been a long time reader of this thread and although I've seen some discussion of this, for those that have the time, wanted feedback from you fellow T owners regarding SPASM as well as those who have modded their suspensions, does/did the stock damping ever feel unnatural to you? Sometimes I don't always have the utmost confidence in the body control. There's some bumps/undulations on my favorite roads that I get a little bobbing/bouncing going on. Specifically in the front end, rather than dealing with certain bumps in one motion, there's that secondary one. I have a Type R that I often compare to, and that does deal with bumps usually in one motion, but it is quite stiff, too stiff on a lot of roads so that you're skipping and actually losing traction. But I would like to achieve a suspension which both absorbs and maintains contact with the road, while keeping the body movement a little more in check.

I know many tout the DSC controller, I just always found it hard to believe that Porsche engineers didn't get the most out of the hardware they were given, but maybe I'm overlooking something and am still open to DSC. Is this just a case of a compromise with the T being geared more towards street use perhaps? Or a damper quality thing? Or a software tuning thing?

Definitely open to Ohlins R&T or any other recommendations.

Currently running -1.5 camber F&R, but plan on getting GT3 LCA to get a little more out of the front. Primarily a canyon driven car with some track. Michelin Cup 2 tires

Also, gotta say, we really got a good one boys. Owned the T for 2 years now and it just keeps getting better and better to me.. the T is probably my favorite car I've ever had, and I've had quite a few. ND->981BS->Lotus Exige->Ariel Atom 2->ND2->911T+FK8 Type R.
Best damping was the Ariel though

Pictures 😁
​​​​​

Last edited by parkman4; 09-25-2022 at 08:58 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by parkman4:
BlackOptic (09-27-2022), MingusDew (09-25-2022), S S (09-25-2022), Wilder (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 07:36 AM
MannyLon
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by parkman4
Hey fellas, for those that have the time, wanted feedback from you fellow T owners regarding SPASM as well as those who have modded their suspensions, does/did the stock damping ever feel unnatural to you? Sometimes I don't always have the utmost confidence in the body control. There's some bumps/undulations on my favorite roads that I get a little bobbing/bouncing going on. Specifically in the front end, rather than dealing with certain bumps in one motion, there's that secondary one. I have a Type R that I often compare to, and that does deal with bumps usually in one motion, but it is quite stiff, too stiff on a lot of roads so that you're skipping and actually losing traction. But I would like to achieve a suspension which both absorbs and maintains contact with the road, while keeping the body movement a little more in check.

I know many tout the DSC controller, I just always found it hard to believe that Porsche engineers didn't get the most out of the hardware they were given, but maybe I'm overlooking something and am still open to DSC. Is this just a case of a compromise with the T being geared more towards street use perhaps? Or a damper quality thing? Or a software tuning thing?

Currently running -1.5 camber F&R, but plan on getting GT3 LCA to get a little more out of the front. Primarily a canyon driven car with some track. Michelin Cup 2 tires

Also, gotta say, we really got a good one boys. Owned the T for 2 years now and it just keeps getting better and better to me.. the T is probably my favorite car I've ever had, and I've had quite a few. ND->981BS->Lotus Exige->Ariel Atom 2->ND2->911T+FK8 Type R.
​​​​​
I suppose it depends on the roads that you drive. For smooth roads, I find the stock suspension fine. On UK country lanes I drive it in normal mode as the lanes tend to be bumpy. Yes, there is a bit of "play" in the suspension, but I find this fun. It's a compromise as if the you change the suspension, it'll probably becoming harder and more "crashy", affecting the touring ability IMO.
Whats's LCA?
Old 09-25-2022, 08:52 AM
parkman4
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MannyLon
I suppose it depends on the roads that you drive. For smooth roads, I find the stock suspension fine. On UK country lanes I drive it in normal mode as the lanes tend to be bumpy. Yes, there is a bit of "play" in the suspension, but I find this fun. It's a compromise as if the you change the suspension, it'll probably becoming harder and more "crashy", affecting the touring ability IMO.
Whats's LCA?
Yes, that's very true. I would want to be pretty careful to not ruin the well-rounded nature of the T, by making it too harsh and crashy.

LCA = Lower Control Arms. The GT3 ones simply allow more negative camber adjustment in the front. Again, the -1.5 you can get out of the stock setup is pretty good though, and with proper trailbraking you can really get that nose to turn in pretty well, but ultimately in most situations the front is going to give up and wash a bit before the rear does so that would help make it a little more neutral.
MannyLon (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 11:10 AM
lngebrown
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by derpington
I have been on the lookout for a 991 T for about the last six months without luck (at one point missing one with pretty much my ideal spec by an hour). Here is my ideal build:

Color: white, GT silver, Miami blue
Manual
LWBS
RAS
PCCBs
Carrera T interior package (silver or yellow)
Leather interior
No sunroof

Right now there are two Ts available that have some of the options I'd like, both of which are certified. They are:

Option A:
+White
+Manual
+LWBS
+ PCCBs
+Carrera T interior package in yellow
+Leather interior
+Priced about $20K BELOW MSRP
-No RAS
-Glass sunroof
-50K miles

Option B:
+GT Silver
+Manual
+LWBS
+RAS
+No sunroof
-No PCCBs
-No Carrera T interior package
-Standard interior
-Priced $10K ABOVE MSRP

There is also Option C: pass on both vehicles and continue waiting to find a car that more aligns with my ideal build. With the declining stock market and weakening economy, it is probable that prices will soften. I will likely be driving the car infrequently in the winter anyway, so time is probably on my side. Obviously, it is also possible that with the limited production numbers on 991 Ts, it is possible that something close to my ideal built will not appear again anytime soon, or it might have more cons that any of the above options.

What option would you choose if you were in my place?
Option D: I know this will be very controversial for the purest, but I have always had cars that were manual including a 2020 GT350R and I still love my T with PDK. I can tell you I can't shift as fast or as accurately at least on the street and highway as this PDK. I haven't been sorry once that I bought it. Remember you still would the paddle shifter. Just my opinion.

Last edited by lngebrown; 09-25-2022 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:27 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,185 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Originally Posted by derpington
I have been on the lookout for a 991 T for about the last six months without luck (at one point missing one with pretty much my ideal spec by an hour). Here is my ideal build:

Color: white, GT silver, Miami blue
Manual
LWBS
RAS
PCCBs
Carrera T interior package (silver or yellow)
Leather interior
No sunroof

Right now there are two Ts available that have some of the options I'd like, both of which are certified. They are:

Option A:
+White
+Manual
+LWBS
+ PCCBs
+Carrera T interior package in yellow
+Leather interior
+Priced about $20K BELOW MSRP
-No RAS
-Glass sunroof
-50K miles

Option B:
+GT Silver
+Manual
+LWBS
+RAS
+No sunroof
-No PCCBs
-No Carrera T interior package
-Standard interior
-Priced $10K ABOVE MSRP

There is also Option C: pass on both vehicles and continue waiting to find a car that more aligns with my ideal build. With the declining stock market and weakening economy, it is probable that prices will soften. I will likely be driving the car infrequently in the winter anyway, so time is probably on my side. Obviously, it is also possible that with the limited production numbers on 991 Ts, it is possible that something close to my ideal built will not appear again anytime soon, or it might have more cons that any of the above options.

What option would you choose if you were in my place?
Option A shouldn't even be an option. Based on your preferences, which are similar to mine, the sunroof is a deal killer. Option B has the vibe of a car you'll live with as opposed to a car you love. You'll be overpaying for something that is a compromise. Doesn't make for the happiest of marriages. I'd take option C and would think about just how important PCCBs are to you. If it's for weight, they are the same weight as the steels and with a minority of cars optioned with PCCBs, that be a good option to compromise on.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:50 AM
derpington
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lngebrown
Option D: I know this will be very controversial for the purest, but I have always had cars that were manual including a 2020 GT350R and I still love my T with PDK. I can tell you I can't shift as fast or as accurately at least on the street and highway as this PDK. I haven't been sorry once that I bought it. Remember you still would the paddle shifter. Just my opinion.
Yeah, you're right, I could buy something that I have absolutely no desire to own and that I would not enjoy. But I would rather compromise on literally any of the other options--including the make and model if the car--than get an automatic. I haven't owned an automatic car this millennium, and I have no desire to start now. I do not find automatic cars fun or engaging.

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Option A shouldn't even be an option. Based on your preferences, which are similar to mine, the sunroof is a deal killer. Option B has the vibe of a car you'll live with as opposed to a car you love. You'll be overpaying for something that is a compromise. Doesn't make for the happiest of marriages. I'd take option C and would think about just how important PCCBs are to you. If it's for weight, they are the same weight as the steels and with a minority of cars optioned with PCCBs, that be a good option to compromise on.
Yeah, if Option B were more reasonably priced, I probably would have already bought it. For me, PCCBs are more strongly desired than essential, so I think you are right that they would be a good option to compromise on.

I am leaning toward option C, but maybe if the price on Option B drops (probably unlikely), I might snap it up.
Wilder (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:05 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Driving the T.

What tires are you running? and what G-forces are you experiencing?

GREAT photo.
The following 2 users liked this post by thesaintusa:
911T4ME (09-27-2022), Notans (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 04:33 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 294 Posts

Hey fellas, been a long time reader of this thread and although I've seen some discussion of this, for those that have the time, wanted feedback from you fellow T owners regarding SPASM as well as those who have modded their suspensions, does/did the stock damping ever feel unnatural to you? Sometimes I don't always have the utmost confidence in the body control. There's some bumps/undulations on my favorite roads that I get a little bobbing/bouncing going on. Specifically in the front end, rather than dealing with certain bumps in one motion, there's that secondary one. I have a Type R that I often compare to, and that does deal with bumps usually in one motion, but it is quite stiff, too stiff on a lot of roads so that you're skipping and actually losing traction. But I would like to achieve a suspension which both absorbs and maintains contact with the road, while keeping the body movement a little more in check.

Pictures 😁​​​

Please get the DSC controller. It will give you what you are looking for. I have one in my T and one in my GT3. It makes a difference. So stable and settled. Porsche is trying to meet the needs of the many, not the few so the DSC controller fills that gap.
The GT3 LCA's will help with feel and give you the proper camber to work with. I did not go the LCA route on my T but understand it's benefits.
parkman4 (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 06:28 PM
parkman4
7th Gear

Originally Posted by spyderbret
Please get the DSC controller. It will give you what you are looking for. I have one in my T and one in my GT3. It makes a difference. So stable and settled. Porsche is trying to meet the needs of the many, not the few so the DSC controller fills that gap.
The GT3 LCA's will help with feel and give you the proper camber to work with. I did not go the LCA route on my T but understand it's benefits.
Wow, even significant improvement on the 991.2 GT3? That's quite the endorsement! I'm assuming you've really enjoyed the DSC changes on track as well?

Appreciate the feedback, super helpful!
Old 09-25-2022, 07:16 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 294 Posts

Wow, even significant improvement on the 991.2 GT3? That's quite the endorsement! I'm assuming you've really enjoyed the DSC changes on track as well?

Appreciate the feedback, super helpful!
Oh yeah. It's so planted on track. I'm not good at describing the small changes it makes but if you do any spirited or track driving you will notice the difference. It's very confidence inspiring. The car just feels under control under you. Plus if you are so inclined you can play with the settings and dial in something specific to your needs. I have not found the need to do that yet. I'm adding stiffer springs and some monobloc stuff to the suspension in the next few weeks and may look at a different map but that's the beauty of the DSC. It can adapt to any changes you make vs being stuck with what Porsche gives you. I feel the same about my T as I had tracked it many times before I got the GT3. I think it's well worth the ask.
parkman4 (09-25-2022)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club