Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 12:36 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
anyone out there picked up the soul headers and running the sport cat/header combo yet?
I am.

The following users liked this post:
BA73 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jmann2380
I am.

Awesome! Did you install both simultaneously, or did you add the headers after the cats? Was there a noticeable jump adding the headers, like there is going from stock to cats? Love my cats and bmc filter combo, the noises are great, just looking for feedback on what the headers add in real world driving as far as noise/feel/etc. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2021, 02:23 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
Awesome! Did you install both simultaneously, or did you add the headers after the cats? Was there a noticeable jump adding the headers, like there is going from stock to cats? Love my cats and bmc filter combo, the noises are great, just looking for feedback on what the headers add in real world driving as far as noise/feel/etc. Thanks!
Review of just Vektor headers which are a bit different design, but it'll give you the idea of what to expect.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1234...er-review.html
BA73 (02-11-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 04:08 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Review of just Vektor headers which are a bit different design, but it'll give you the idea of what to expect.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1234...er-review.html
Thanks, Spd!
Old 02-12-2021, 10:54 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 153 Posts

Hi all, starting to shop for a T, should have bought one when new but went another direction. Anyway, i'm looking for a manual, non sunroof car, not black or yellow.
I don't know every available option but i think the T interior and rear wheel steer would be awesome. Not in a hurry, can't be really since manuals seem hard to come by.
Does anyone know of a build PDF or anything showing all options? Thanks all!
tourenwagen (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Hi all, starting to shop for a T, should have bought one when new but went another direction. Anyway, i'm looking for a manual, non sunroof car, not black or yellow.
I don't know every available option but i think the T interior and rear wheel steer would be awesome. Not in a hurry, can't be really since manuals seem hard to come by.
This might help. https://www.msn.com/en-us/Autos/pors...upe/sd-BBTrajG
Old 02-12-2021, 11:43 AM
Zylinderkopfdichtung
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 194 Posts

Check out VIN Analytics for the Carrera T. You'll be able to find all T VINs and can dig into their options lists. Like you, I was looking for a purist's build that stuck to the ethos of the T. Porsche didn't build very many Ts which makes a particular configuration exceedingly hard to find.

I actually put a deposit on a car that was 1300+ miles away, sight unseen, before the dealer even posted photos online. I worked with the dealer to be able to exit that contract if the PPI showed major flaws (it did not). Backing out without cause would have cost $2500, so make sure you've done your diligence.

Some recommendations:
  • Use car sale aggregators like CarGurus and AutoTempest, as well as Porsche's own Porsche Finder.
  • Keep an eye on P Car Market and Bring a Trailer. Note that on Bring a Trailer the buyer pays a 5% premium up to $5000.
  • Look nation-wide and be prepared to travel or have it shipped.
  • Decide in advance which options are musts, which are wants, and which you absolutely don't want - MT and RAS were musts for me, and I didn't want leather, LCA, or FAL but could live with them, I absolutely did not want sunroof, or entry & drive (which weighs something like 40lbs in some cars!?).
  • Ask the dealer for a DME report that will show if the engine has been mechanically over-revved. Do your research on what's acceptable and what's not. That report lives in the car's brain for life, and the next owner will pay a premium for a clean report.
  • Ask the dealer for full service records. Porsche dealers will have records for any Porsche serviced by a Porsche dealer. Annual oil changes at the dealer are an indicator of good prior ownership.
  • Ask the dealer for the CarFax or AutoCheck, and pay out of pocket for the other. It's no guarantee but helps create a body of evidence that supports the quality of the car.
  • Vin Analytics is your friend!
I ended up with the perfect configuration for my intended use. I attribute that to equal parts research, patience, and luck.

Last edited by Zylinderkopfdichtung; 02-12-2021 at 12:08 PM. Reason: updates and English
The following 4 users liked this post by Zylinderkopfdichtung:
amiracle91 (03-07-2021), matthewlesko (02-13-2021), minh (02-12-2021), tourenwagen (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:46 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks guys, big help.
Zylinderkopfdichtung (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 01:03 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Not sure if you saw my post above but I will be listing mine for sale. The window sticker is posted. The options you mentioned are included in my build.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:25 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 56 Posts

Considering making some upgrades to my Carrera T and wanted to see everyone thought on the ideas. The car is mostly a weekend fun car for canyon drives. Might see very occasional track or DE use but not very regularly. I was thinking of starting with some of the e-motion suspension upgrades. Thinking of KW CS 3 way, updated front inner/outer control arms, GT front tension arm, and GT front tension arm mounts. From what I have heard, this should not only make the car more comfortable but also make it handle better as well. I guess in other words makes all 4 corners work more in unison together. I would also like to do brakes (more for aesthetics since I have the standard brakes). I know one things leads to another. If I do new brakes, I would likely do some forgeline or BBS wheels. Then I would consider the exhaust area. The car is great fun as is, just think it would be fun to turn it into a little project car and make it more unique.

Has anyone done similar to the their 991 and how do they like it? I saw the posts from 4 point 0 and some of his comments. Anyone else?
egrossman (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 04:04 PM
991.2T
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I need help making a decision. I am thinking of trading in my T as I have a 991.2 GT3 RS (it's an excellent DD) and I have a Taycan 4S arriving shortly. I feel like the T is redundant and won't get much use.

Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the T? Key specs: Guards Red, RAS, PCCB, Buckets, and PDK

Most folks I've asked have said to get rid of it...but I want the opinions of my Rennlist T brethren. :-)

Thanks!

Old 02-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Zylinderkopfdichtung
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.2T
I feel like the T is redundant and won't get much use. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the T? Key specs: Guards Red, RAS, PCCB, Buckets, and PDK
The T sounds like a better daily than a GT3 RS to me, but a Taycan probably blows both out of the water.

I have a similar T, but with a manual and without PCCBs. I say you release it back into the wild where it'll find a new owner who will drive the snot out of it.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 520 Likes on 208 Posts

^^ yep, release it...only reason I’d keep one with those two other cars is if it was a manual and that’s what you enjoyed.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:51 PM
991.2T
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Appreciate the advice. It only has 3700 miles on it so I agree with the sentiment to let it go to another owner as I'm not a collector.
If it was a manual, I'd have considered it, but seeing as I previously sold my 7MT T and my 6MT GT3 Touring, I may be a heretic due to PDK. :-)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:00 PM
mammothcar1
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.2T
I need help making a decision. I am thinking of trading in my T as I have a 991.2 GT3 RS (it's an excellent DD) and I have a Taycan 4S arriving shortly. I feel like the T is redundant and won't get much use.

Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the T? Key specs: Guards Red, RAS, PCCB, Buckets, and PDK

Most folks I've asked have said to get rid of it...but I want the opinions of my Rennlist T brethren. :-)

Thanks!
I'm interested in your perspective of your T and GT3 RS.
Do you have any thought between one or the other? Any major pros or cons versus the two?

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club