CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 234 Posts

I'm now in production! Whooowhooo.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 AM
ajskydiver
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

My freeze point is in 2 days...placed order 8/1. Not even half way there.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by ajskydiver
My freeze point is in 2 days...placed order 8/1. Not even half way there.
I went V200 on 27 JUL, with a change to my Spec on 4 SEP. I was originally supposed to go V250 on 12 OCT, but found out on Friday that was bumped up a couple weeks. If you haven't bugged your SA in a while, you might get some good news!

S
Old 10-02-2018, 04:14 PM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine came a month earlier than the original schedule
Old 10-03-2018, 12:05 AM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PPF - Trying to find good balance

I read pages of threads on PPF. But I wanted to ask this group (since I like this group) about your thoughts on full vs partial coverage. What you think is practically worth the cost.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:40 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
I read pages of threads on PPF. But I wanted to ask this group (since I like this group) about your thoughts on full vs partial coverage. What you think is practically worth the cost.
If you are considering PPF, that means you are somewhat OCD about the cars. I would say bite the bullet and do Full. It'll be worth the costs down the road. The last thing you want to worry about is the edges/line showing because of dirts/grims are making it visible.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:47 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by .moo.
If you are considering PPF, that means you are somewhat OCD about the cars. I would say bite the bullet and do Full. It'll be worth the costs down the road. The last thing you want to worry about is the edges/line showing because of dirts/grims are making it visible.
+1 especially since white.

I did the track package for my car with Expel and you can see a dark line along the edges. irritates me. Other colers may not be as visible.

Also tell them not to do the inside of the turbo outlets behind rear wheel, just stop at flat surface of bumper. If it peels there, dirt get under the film and it looks terrible.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad to find another 911T thread. Just put about 500 miles on my T. I posted in another thread about PPF and I thank @jkyrennist for helping me out here with my question on another 911T thread. I'm set up to do a full front PPF except half fenders (so basically front fascia, hood and front half of fenders). Any thoughts or strong feeling about this? Car owners I hang around with swear by Xpel but I really wanted fellow T owner's opinions about this. Worth it?

Old 10-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Apollo Falcon
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 34 Posts

Also, for some reason the tint installer was saying that installation might be different because of the light-weight glass. Didn't make sense to me and wondering if anyone had issues/concerns about tinting specifically due to the properties of the glass on the T.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

PPF is absolutely worth it IMO. If a future owner wants more “patina” the film can come off. The problem is you don’t get to choose your patina. Big rock chips right where you see them all the time, no thanks..
Old 10-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
PPF is absolutely worth it IMO. If a future owner wants more “patina” the film can come off. The problem is you don’t get to choose your patina. Big rock chips right where you see them all the time, no thanks..
as long as its glass its no different, just ease up on the heat.
experienced installers don’t use a lot of heat any way
Old 10-03-2018, 05:05 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Hi T friends,
I watched a track event last weekend (it was an Audi Club event ...and, I haven't gone through DE yet)... Anyways, I am next year planning to enter the slippery slope of DE, and see how far it goes.
a) Anyone interested in opening a thread in the racing and drivers education forum for discussing Tracking T's?
b) How many folks plan to track their T?
Now that I've seen and felt (in the passenger seat) the forces/wear and tear that occur on the track. My T is my (weekend) baby, and I am wondering about whether to get over it (i.e. drive the T), or pick up a CPO Audi TTS (less speed, cheaper parts) for a daily driver and/or track toy. (Please don't turn this into a Audi TTS understeer thread.)
Old 10-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Booya
5th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apollo Falcon
Also, for some reason the tint installer was saying that installation might be different because of the light-weight glass. Didn't make sense to me and wondering if anyone had issues/concerns about tinting specifically due to the properties of the glass on the T.
I had all sides and rear tinted, no problem. Just use an experienced installer.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:11 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Hi T friends,
I watched a track event last weekend (it was an Audi Club event ...and, I haven't gone through DE yet)... Anyways, I am next year planning to enter the slippery slope of DE, and see how far it goes.
a) Anyone interested in opening a thread in the racing and drivers education forum for discussing Tracking T's?
b) How many folks plan to track their T?
Now that I've seen and felt (in the passenger seat) the forces/wear and tear that occur on the track. My T is my (weekend) baby, and I am wondering about whether to get over it (i.e. drive the T), or pick up a CPO Audi TTS (less speed, cheaper parts) for a daily driver and/or track toy. (Please don't turn this into a Audi TTS understeer thread.)
I plan to take mine to the track and first track day is Oct 13. Some good info here
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1060...ep-thread.html

I have the DSC box, contacted them today and asked how I can change damper parameters under breaking to reduce front dip. They said, send us input file and we will modify it for you. Great service.

I am also working with TPC on their 991 harness bar, but since I dont have rear seats (LWB) there is an additional attachment point I need to verify.
Brakes, plan to upgrade to 350mm, talked with Girodisc about stud kit, spacers atc. I have 350mm I used on my 996 and this weeknd I will measure rotor thickness and hat offset so see if they fit. Once I conclude my research I will post in the race track thread.

PM me if you want to exchange more info.

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>