Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 09:32 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
As a few of you I sought out and secured a allocation the is a bit far off. (Locks mid Oct. expected Delivery Jan) I am planning on pre trading my 981 Cayman. Tried to upload picture but I haven’t figure out how that works. Any way can anyone explain/shed some light on the pre trade process
So, this is pretty much what I did with my 981 CS in July. My build locks/starts in two weeks. As long as you can accept the fact that the value of whatever you trade in becomes a sizable down payment, benefitting the dealer as long as they move your trade on in a timely manner, it works well. But that is the risk your dealer assumes, not you.

Unless you are in one of the few states that doesn’t allow for it, whatever your trade is valued at is then subtracted from your purchase price. That amount is then what is used to calculate your sales tax. In the end, that helped me swallow what I got for my trade. It was less than I would have gotten on my own, but not by much and definitely saved me some dough on the tail end too.

At least that is how it is working in my case with my state/dealer. You might get some other views, input on different examples as well. Good luck and enjoy the process!

S

Last edited by S S; 09-28-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:50 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
Thinking about adding to my yellow T. Any advice? I thought I read something about stock (Titanium) finish blends in brake dust better??
To me, the titanium is dark enough, and fits with the agate mirrors, side stripe (if you have that), and the rear grille. There are a few on this thread who went for black... but, the agate/titanium looks great.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,307 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
To me, the titanium is dark enough, and fits with the agate mirrors, side stripe (if you have that), and the rear grille. There are a few on this thread who went for black... but, the agate/titanium looks great.

Agreed. I have a Racing Yellow T. I have the ‘standard’ Titanium wheels and Agate Grey trim. Looks great in my opinion.

At Blenheim Palace recently I saw two other yellow Ts. One had black wheels and I’m pretty sure the side decals were black, rather than Agate Grey. I’m glad that I did not opt for the black finish on the wheels.

Next month I get my silver 19” Carrera winter wheels fitted. I’m looking forward to seeing how my T looks with them on.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:07 PM
PittDoc
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agate/titanium accents are what make the T unique and recognizable externally. I can understand deleting the side stripe but would leave the wheels and other items grey. To answer the question, as the owner you will still notice and be annoyed by the brake dust but a lot less than silver wheels. All others will notice only when close up.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

I chose black wheels, black pdls leds, and tinted tail lamps for more contrast w/ the gt silver paint.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks S S
you actually answered a lot of my questions. The dealer kept mentioning something about saving me taxes but I wasn’t sure what he meant. My situation is trading in my Cayman tomorrow, this stops my payments. I then keep those funds for the next 3 months. If I wait until the T is delivered the dealers offer would be the same and the payments would not lower the car note as much because a % of the payment goes to interest. So basically I am trying to beat the interest. Since I am trading essentially this year and taking Delivery in January the Tax break would not be seen by me until next tax season.

Thanks
Old 09-28-2018, 07:13 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Thanks S S
you actually answered a lot of my questions. The dealer kept mentioning something about saving me taxes but I wasn’t sure what he meant. My situation is trading in my Cayman tomorrow, this stops my payments. I then keep those funds for the next 3 months. If I wait until the T is delivered the dealers offer would be the same and the payments would not lower the car note as much because a % of the payment goes to interest. So basically I am trying to beat the interest. Since I am trading essentially this year and taking Delivery in January the Tax break would not be seen by me until next tax season.

Thanks
Solid. Enjoy the wait!

I just was notified tonight that my Lock, etc. moved up 2 weeks on my T (to today!). Pretty psyched. Will have it sooner than I thought. Can't wait.

S
Old 09-28-2018, 07:53 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I chose black wheels, black pdls leds, and tinted tail lamps for more contrast w/ the gt silver paint.
Prove it.

(Your photos of ED have been too sparse. :-) )
Old 09-29-2018, 02:46 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Prove it.

(Your photos of ED have been too sparse. :-) )

Old 09-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Thinking about adding to my yellow T. Any advice? I thought I read something about stock (Titanium) finish blends in brake dust better??
I wouldn’t, Black,wheels are like carbon fiber...so yesterday

the agatebmake it unique.

just wipe the wheels once or twice a week, I do
Old 09-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
Solid. Enjoy the wait!

I just was notified tonight that my Lock, etc. moved up 2 weeks on my T (to today!). Pretty psyched. Will have it sooner than I thought. Can't wait.

S
I expect this with every build, P is moving up production for 991.2 and making room for 992
Old 09-29-2018, 01:12 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Final...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKDFIUZ3
Old 09-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats S S

I just turned my Cayman over to the Porsche Dealer. (Pre-trade) ����. I don’t like not having a Porsche. I am waiting real hard for my T to be built now. If I am lucky maybe my order will shift left on the calendar as well.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:37 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Great spec! Nice picking.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:36 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Congrats S S

I just turned my Cayman over to the Porsche Dealer. (Pre-trade) ����. I don’t like not having a Porsche. I am waiting real hard for my T to be built now. If I am lucky maybe my order will shift left on the calendar as well.
And Big Congrats back to you as well! I hope yours gets bumped up too, if that meets your timeline. Based on some predictive analysis above, it sounds likely...

I'll keep the collective posted as mine is shaping up.

S

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>