Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Roadster08
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No affiliation but there is a GT Silver 911T available at Porsche Newport Beach for MSRP. It is a light option build $106k, only had color, Carrera T interior and something else.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:57 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadster08
No affiliation but there is a GT Silver 911T available at Porsche Newport Beach for MSRP. It is a light option build $106k, only had color, Carrera T interior and something else.
https://newport-beach.porschedealer....tallic+1690369
Base - 911 Carrera T
090 - Carrera T Interior Package
QR5 - Chrono Package With Porsche Track Precision App
U2 - GT Silver Metallic
WI - Carrera T Interior Package, Contrasts In Guards Red

Man, that is a pure purist's car.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:50 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Alex_c, welcome aboard. Love the red pinstripes! Given that you've got more experience than certainly I do.. Do you find this car noisier than driving C's, C2's, GTS's? (I realize so much of the noise factor is dependent on the condition of the road surface - and, maybe the tires get quieter. Sometimes I feel I could hear a pin-drop. Other times it is just downright loud.)
Thanks!

Yes, definitely noisier!

As I read someone else describe it, it's almost as if you had a rear window open. You hear some sounds outside the vehicle very clearly. So, it is not "noisy" per se, but it depends on your surroundings. I guess this explains why sometimes it feels very quiet, and others don't. And the engine and exhaust sound, and the burbles.... LOVE IT!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Roadster08
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://newport-beach.porschedealer....tallic+1690369
Base - 911 Carrera T
090 - Carrera T Interior Package
QR5 - Chrono Package With Porsche Track Precision App
U2 - GT Silver Metallic
WI - Carrera T Interior Package, Contrasts In Guards Red

Man, that is a pure purist's car.
It is a good looking car as I saw it in the showroom today. Sales guy was showing me the gorilla glass. Was kind of tempting!
Old 04-27-2018, 09:37 PM
fueledbymetal
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Great news, Michael! Yours is the Racing Yellow one?
Yep, thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:41 PM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the Rennlist forum and have a question re: the 911 T.

I’m reading above where there are no more allocations in the UK for the T. Will that be the case in the US as well? Is this a one year production and done model or is it that the next allocations be for 2019?

I currently own a 2017 Carrera S with PDK - which is awesome, but I’m longing to get back to that “drivers experience” I had with my 84 Carrera and the 911T looks like just what I’m looking for.

Thanks in in advance for any information you can pass along.

Ron
Old 04-28-2018, 12:15 AM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Ron,
With the summer break in Germany coming soon... most are saying there will be limited T’s built before 992 comes along.

But, checking Carguru’s... there are 9 T’s in showrooms. Did you see if any are close to your liking?
Old 04-28-2018, 02:30 AM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Spoke yesterday with my dealer. In northern europe, there are not going to be more allocations for T. He has pre allocations for 992, so T is gone. I would quess the total production for T will be between 1000 -2000 cars world wide, so very limited. Also in porsche 911 total magazine there was mention on the last pages that estimate for T builds would be around 2000.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:38 AM
racemor
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 47 Posts

Wait, what? You bit the bullet? Well done! Did you share the spec?
Yes, sold the C2 and ordered a T. Will post the specs soon.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:18 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Northern911T
Spoke yesterday with my dealer. In northern europe, there are not going to be more allocations for T. He has pre allocations for 992, so T is gone. I would quess the total production for T will be between 1000 -2000 cars world wide, so very limited. Also in porsche 911 total magazine there was mention on the last pages that estimate for T builds would be around 2000.
From the production numbers I estimated from a sample of hundreds of VINs since November of last year, my estimate was that my car should be in the range of the first 200 - 250 T's bound for the U.S.

Here's the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1060501-911-t-owners-club.html Go to post #23

Now, here is the interesting thing: since I got my car with all the plastics, production tags, etc, intact from the dealer, I found this label on the windshield. Basically it says Production Number 228.9833

I may be completely and absolutely wrong, but could this actually mean vehicle number 228 of the T's for North America??? At least it matches spot-on in the middle of my estimated range.

For those of you that are able to see a T still in the wrap, look for this page on the top passenger side of the windshield and see if it could really mean what I think it does.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
From the production numbers I estimated from a sample of hundreds of VINs since November of last year, my estimate was that my car should be in the range of the first 200 - 250 T's bound for the U.S.

Here's the thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060501 Go to post #23

Now, here is the interesting thing: since I got my car with all the plastics, production tags, etc, intact from the dealer, I found this label on the windshield. Basically it says Production Number 228.9833

I may be completely and absolutely wrong, but could this actually mean vehicle number 228 of the T's for North America??? At least it matches spot-on in the middle of my estimated range.

For those of you that are able to see a T still in the wrap, look for this page on the top passenger side of the windshield and see if it could really mean what I think it does.

Alex, that's the production number. Mine is 228.8172

cheer!
Old 04-28-2018, 12:18 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
Alex, that's the production number. Mine is 228.8172

cheer!
Hahaha. Well, that throws my theory out of the window.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronht
Hello everyone,

I’m new to the Rennlist forum and have a question re: the 911 T.

I’m reading above where there are no more allocations in the UK for the T. Will that be the case in the US as well? Is this a one year production and done model or is it that the next allocations be for 2019?

I currently own a 2017 Carrera S with PDK - which is awesome, but I’m longing to get back to that “drivers experience” I had with my 84 Carrera and the 911T looks like just what I’m looking for.

Thanks in in advance for any information you can pass along.

Ron
The T won't scratch your itch, as it is essential the same as the car you have now. I would suggest going back to getting a 84 Carrera for true authenticity.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:31 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

As I also have an ‘86 Targa and a Carrera T, it must be said that they are very different cars. The T is very technology rich, powerful and fun to drive, and noisy in a good way. I like many of the features like the glass and reduced sound deadening. However, the RAS is a little unnatural I would say. Maybe I’ll like it better on the track. I hate having a touch screen, but I’ll get used to it I guess. No frickin choice.

The Targa just is. No buttons to press, no sport mode, no adjustable electronic suspension. Turn the key and fire it up. Shift. Go. You have to pay attention to what you are doing. The gears can sometimes be hard to find. There might be an oil leak and an occasional repair bill. The sounds and smells are just amazing. No power anything except for some brake assist. I love it.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:42 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

After putting 100 miles already on my T, I wanted to share some driving impressions so far:

1. The sound. I'm not going to get into a .1 sounds better than yours kind of argument. I am just going to say that to my ears, the T in Sport mode sounds GLORIOUS. It is such fun that last night I turned on the radio for the first time. I had even forgotten to set an stations or even test how it sounded. I thought the Sport Exhaust was the best station to listen to all day long. Whomever thinks the .1 sounds better, great. But to say that the .2 with the Sport Exhaust sounds bad, is absolutely rubbish.

2. Rear Axle Steering. This is something you really need to experience yourself to see if you love it or hate it. I happen to love it. Doing a U turn on a street and not having to use the second lane is eye opening. And the composure changing lanes at higher speeds is superb. I really, really like it.

3. Chassis. As planted as this car is, it is really fun to go at it on a very closed curve and feel the back come out a little while still fully under control. The suspension absorbs bumps like if it had 3 more inches of travel than what it has. Porsche magic at its best. Turning 90 degrees to a street coming from a feeder road lets you experience how flat this car corners.

4. Front Axle Lift. Since Porsche likes to call all its features Pxx (PSM, PASM, PCCB, etc.) this one should be called PPOM. Porsche Peace of Mind. Knowing that you can tackle any ramp, driveway or speed bump in just a few seconds after pressing the button allows you to enjoy driving in all situations without worrying about scratching or bottoming out on the front. Highly, highly recommended!

5. The Engine. Lots and lots of torque. You can be driving in 5th gear at 3000 RPM, floor it and it just takes off. Very easy to stay under 4K during break-in period, but very tempting to go over it! It just revs so naturally and smoothly that only the whistling of the turbos reminds you this is not an NA engine.

6. Manual transmission. Very mechanical, nice clicks, almost falls in place without thinking. Today I tried 7th for the first time and I don't understand what the fuss is about 7th. Very easy to go from 6th to 7th and back. Great for cruising. In normal day to day driving you can think of it like a 6SP Manual and call it a day.

7. Lightweight Glass. No, you may not be able to feel it, but you can hear it, as it brings in a lot more sounds than regular glass. Also, the clarity due to not having any defrost stripes is noticeable. Love it!

8. The interior. Just getting into this car makes me smile. It is indeed a special interior, and the cloth seats (4-way) are very comfortable, while hugging you at the same time. The T-Interior in leather with all that deviated stitching is just out of this world. An expensive option, but in my opinion, well worth the price.

9. Glass Sunroof. This is a bit polarizing (no pun intended) among this crowd. I know. But being my one and only and daily driver, makes it very enjoyable by bringing lots of light to an otherwise very dark interior. You can appreciate the nice details even more with all that light. And on GT Silver it makes it look almost like the previous gen Targa. Love the look of the black roof all over the car. Perhaps not the best option if you are buying it for the track, or weekend car, but for a daily driver, it just adds to the comfort and enjoyment every day of the week.

After all of these things, you may be able to tell that I am really happy with my purchase and with this particular configuration. It is all I expected and wanted and then some. Few times you get to buy something that exceeds your expectations. For me, this car has done just that. Blow past my expectations that were already very high.

Anything I don't like? Well, in my case my garage is not wide enough to be able to open the door fully once the two cars are in. I can only open the door up to the second click, and that makes it a little harder to get in and out without touching the doorsill. Again, not necessarily something wrong with the car, just something I will need to get used to... or get a bigger garage!

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>