Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,307 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
Should have painted them Yellow for even better performance, and you would've solved the brake dust issue!

:P
Old 09-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Blue Flame
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

No problems with the brakes...they are not base but unbeatable...😎

Blueflame

Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Beautiful machine!
Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

Old 09-22-2018, 11:25 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need practical insights on option choices

New member here and looking for your insighs from a practical standpoint (if any) on some option choices...outside of the fact that it’s a personal preference in taste. I’m about to order my T this week:
1. White vs metallic white?
2. Leather steering wheel vs Alcantara?
3. RAS (I enjoyed the backend swinging around time to time on my 996. Would this eliminate that “fun”?)
4. Front axel lift (how easy and “seamless” to use)
Old 09-22-2018, 11:48 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

1. Only can comment based on the same options on my two audi’s. The metallic is colder. Almost LED lights vs bright white incandescent.
2. I like my alacantara GT wheel. I also like the T leather interior!
3. Most will say, if you can do it, get RAS. No question.
4. Optional. Depends on how much you drive, and where you live. The T has a passable front spoiler. You just need to be aware.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:52 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 667 Likes on 306 Posts

I have white and love it ! Both are great but Matlic has a greg tint to it I am told. This might work well with other grey parts. I went leather as i did the leather upgrade on the dash etc so it flows. RAS is a must in my book! My final build was 119k Looking back I would have added Carbon breaks just 2 do it ya know. I added a Akra pipe which was 7k so to spend 8k/9k on them would have been worth it I think. Did a 2 hr rally today with 488s, Huricans, gt3s, gt3rs etc. First ever driving fun trip. Was insain, so manny back roads and high speed sections. Manual all the way....... No other pick needed Fully in love with the T. Full on love at this point. 2019T
matty
Old 09-23-2018, 03:49 AM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

1 have gt silver, but would go for white if i have to choose between metallic white or white, more simple, gt silver is classic color
2 maybe better grip with alcantara, but would prefer leather. More simple, and when gets worn shows nice patina. No patina with alcantara
3 most seem to like ras, i don t have it, so i cannot comment on that. It is still fun without ras, and again, more simple and purer, also less weight
4 front axle lift, i dont have it, and it is not needed on T. You just have to be careful with the car. Have done 8000 kms, no problems with the height, also less weight.

hope this helps
Old 09-23-2018, 04:27 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

- MW vs. W. I went with W, as it pops just a bit more. MW is a bit muted, looks just a bit grey/dirty IMO. No dis to the MW peeps out there! Plus W cheaper.
Here's a pic of the difference. Subtle but there. Not my MW T. Next to a W Cayenne. The MW, as said, does go with some of the Agate and Titanium grey on the T nicely. I wanted more sharp contrast with the blacks though. (This T is still available in Austin BTW. Beautiful build, just no PCCB and wanted different wheels, so I passed on it... Has a beautiful leather interior, with silver deviate, very low key. PM if anyone interested, I'll get you in touch with my SA, who's a good guy to deal with there. They were willing to deal on the price too, it's a MSRP 128k build and has been sitting for over a month now.)

​​​​
- Alcantara vs Leather. Go with the rest of your interior choice IMO.
- RAS. Coming from 981 CS, so didn't want to lose that spinning a top moment of angle feel when cornering. More dough and weight, but also something to help differentiate the car. Thrown together with the MLSD and PTV (I went MT), and it's a driver package for sure. My test drive didn't have it, and still cornered very well, however.
- Lift. As said, weight. But depends on your driveway and situation. Do you need it/will remember to use it? If you've had it on other cars, you might miss it. If you've never grown used to it, you've probably developed other skills to overcome steep approach angles already. Cars are low, you're going to get some rash. I'm ok without it and didn't spec it.

Best of luck in your choices! Doubt you can make a bad one.

Stacy

Last edited by S S; 09-24-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 454 Posts

Both whites are great, i dont think you can go wrong. Just ppf the bumper so you cant see the black plastic underneath when you get rock chips. Im not an alcantara guy, but if you wipe it with a damp cloth once a week it should last a long time and steering wheels are not that expensive.. you can always dyi change it later. I have RAS and lift. RAS is worth it IMO. Its still handles amazing without it, though it doesnt add much weight and the car handles like a pro running back with it. The only downsides i thought about before i spec'ed RAS was that its another part that can break, and you cant get 19s in the winter due to clearance issues. FAL i probably dont need but i use it every day and its extra peace of mind pulling into driveways and over speed bumps. It works seamlessly (maybe 5 sec while youbare driving) and is probably the best lift kit on any car, bar none. There were 2 situations when i hit road construction that i was really, really happy i had it. One time in particular i know i would have ripped off the front spoiler lip for sure with 10 cars behind me.
Having said that, they are expensive options but ones that are extremely difficult (and much more costly) to add to the car after the fact. If i had to pick one i would say RAS is the way to go. To compensate for the added weight i ordered 0 other options...lol.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:22 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
New member here and looking for your insighs from a practical standpoint (if any) on some option choices...outside of the fact that it’s a personal preference in taste. I’m about to order my T this week:
1. White vs metallic white?
2. Leather steering wheel vs Alcantara?
3. RAS (I enjoyed the backend swinging around time to time on my 996. Would this eliminate that “fun”?)
4. Front axel lift (how easy and “seamless” to use)
1. I went basic white as I didn't want any sparkle or shine in the white

2. Due to living in Canada and dry winters if I put hand cream on then it will stain the wheel. Plus Alcantara is a texture where you need to have it elsewhere to fit in (shifter, doors, seat)

3. I've never had it and it's supposed to make the car more engaging on fun runs on twisty roads...so I went with it. But shoot I didn't know you can't run 19's as winters...!

4. I have never needed this...pass
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 AM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Happiest car weekend ever for me!!! Took delivery Saturday morning.

Non met blarck
Manual
RAS
Lots of extra leather
GT silver contrast stitch etc
PDLS+ Blaked out
No rear seats

some happy snaps

BEEEEEEEAAAUTIFUL!

Last edited by AlpineR; 09-23-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 780 Likes on 454 Posts

Have u guys realized how bad the fuel econony is on the manual T? Lol.
Porsche states 16/26 avg 19mpg vs. 20/29 avg 23 on the base! Im averaging 19 mpg mostly hwy driving. How can there be such a big difference just from the final drive, but no difference in power, torque acceleration? Im not buying it.
However, ive noticed its really hard to hit 13psi even with the akra exhaust. It gets to 11-12 almost instantly in sport/sport+, but 13 is a bit*h. The turbos must be undertuned in the T, it might have different air/fuel ratios.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:18 AM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 667 Likes on 306 Posts

I noticed it likes a drink :$) Lol
I drive a mercedes metris van all week for my soccer biz so my T is a weekend car. No stress
I have the Akra as well. Sounds tasty but didnt do the cats.
Matty
Old 09-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Have u guys realized how bad the fuel econony is on the manual T? Lol.
Porsche states 16/26 avg 19mpg vs. 20/29 avg 23 on the base! Im averaging 19 mpg mostly hwy driving. How can there be such a big difference just from the final drive, but no difference in power, torque acceleration? Im not buying it.
However, ive noticed its really hard to hit 13psi even with the akra exhaust. It gets to 11-12 almost instantly in sport/sport+, but 13 is a bit*h. The turbos must be undertuned in the T, it might have different air/fuel ratios.
I have been wondering the same. That is weird with the consumption compared to base. Maybe wider wheels, the final drive ratio, front lip lower and back spoiler going higher, more drag, different mapping with engine etc. Hmm, less weight? This is weird with the comsumption. Maybe someone could give answers.

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>